Reports show that this mainly comes down to other entertainment being far too expensive and peer pressure being existent. Schools today do not provide parents with enough valuable information on these substances and the dangers, resulting in binge drinking, homelessness and early teenage pregnancies.
It has been suggested by the media that teenagers in the UK today have become lazy and can not deal with problems they are forced to face within society and therefore choose the easiest option of running away from everything.
Cardboard Citizens is an organisation that strives to educate young people on these issues and help them along a better path in life. Cardboard Citizens provide help and support for young individuals that face problems such as homelessness, substance misuse and other areas such as personal development, health, education and finance.
The goals for the Cardboard Citizens Company are achieved through each performance. This is obvious to all cast and audience members when the protagonist has been encouraged to find a solution by the audience participant.
It is vital that the performances are first shown to the audience to have no solution, it is then important that a participant from the audience uncovers a solution that is noticeable to all in order for the company’s aim to be met, I believe this is why the audience are instructed to carefully watch the protagonist.
Audience members have the opportunity to stop all actio...
... middle of paper ...
... and sound effects used help children and young people to visualise their situation from an outsider’s point of view. This will assist them greatly in their own lives and making them more self aware.
Ultimately Cardboard Citizens goal is to assist children and young people in overcoming their problems. They achieve this through the use of forum theatre by using members of the community who have experienced same or similar social problems and stage them without giving the audience a solution to the problem being presented. The audience are constantly kept engaged to find solutions and alternatives that the protagonist may use to solve their issue with.
Cardboard Citizens tailor their work around shared experiences by the ex homeless cast to advise and educate children and young people in order to see how the ex homeless lived and the consequences they faced.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There is ample evidence that secondary schools today can 't afford to be the norm. In any case, the procedure of restructuring secondary schools, especially low-performing urban secondary schools, is more troublesome, complex, and controversial than the literature on school change has acknowledged. Truly, the literature delineated general procedures of school improvement that should apply to most schools in most places. However, there is growing confirmation that these "change guidelines" are not adequate solutions for transforming low-performing secondary schools in extreme difficulty into high-performing learning groups.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary education]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- High School is the secondary school that is supposed to prepare you for a bigger step in your life, which is attending college, and have a further into your education, but does it actually prepare you for it. High school and college have so many differences. Such as college is far more expensive than high school, the work load is more challenging in college, and for social aspects high school has more of an advantage. High school in my opinion is more “sugar coating” the process you have ahead in life.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- In the media report selection process, many forms of media were considered including; news reports, news articles, as well as pages from websites. With many areas to consider, a great deal of searching and contemplation was brought forth. Eventually, two news articles were selected that showed a variety of opinions and topics of discussion relating to community service in secondary schools. Both articles were interesting and relatable to Chapman students. The first news article selected is titled, “New Study Reveals High Schoolers are More Career-Minded Than College Students.” The article was written by Vicki Salemi and obtained online from Media Jobs Dailey.... [tags: highschoolers,college students,community service]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Other benefits to these programs are they allow students to complete a “trial run” of college classes to determine if this is part of their career path without exhausting personal finances. These courses also give students exposure to the high academic expectations associated with college-level work, allow them to find new challenges, and give them momentum to pursue a college degree by awarding them college credits before they graduate high school. International Baccalaureate The International Baccalaureate (IB) is a diploma program that is comprised of a comprehensive two year curriculum prior to attending a college or university.... [tags: Minnesota High schools, college courses]
1852 words (5.3 pages)
- If I owned my own school, it would reflect on all the positive features that my elementary and secondary schools offered me. Education opens minds that were closed, but now they are open because of the experiences the student had. Schooling gives you the materials you need to help in the work world and teaches you how to be a powerful member of society. Education is important because you are able to connect with teachers who become close to you. Community is just one aspect of a school that makes it powerful.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Language has Evolved in the Classrooms of Secondary Schools in Trinidad and Tobago Introduction “Miss, I really ent feeling to do no work today nah, ah feeling too sleepy yes.” “Good morning” replied Miss Cooper, in response to Malick’s statement. “Class, today…” she continued “… we are reviewing our term’s work in preparation for the upcoming examination.” Mischievous Zion raised her hand “He too outa-timing. Ent he too lazy Miss?” but before Miss Cooper could respond, Malick answered her “Why you doh pat down and mind your business girl, nobody ent talking to you.” The entire class burst forth with laughter as Zion lowered her head shamefully.... [tags: English language, Dialect, French language]
1983 words (5.7 pages)
- My Primary Thoughts My Secondary Thoughts Male Born in 1994 Caucasian Blonde Hair Pennsylvanian College Student Divorced Parents Long distance relationships with family In a Relationship Blonde Curly Hair No learned language and military status Primary Characteristics Sex: Male Age: 21, born in 1994 Height: 6 foot Color: White Appearance: Blonde hair, Brown eyes Native language: English Sexual orientation: Heterosexuality Geographic region you come from: North America; Western PA Genetic intellectual abilities: Average Intellect Genetic physical abilities: Above average physical abilities Health: No health problems Birth order: 2nd born Religion born into: Catholic Ethnicity: Italian S... [tags: Eye color, Human skin color, College, High school]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- 1. Introduction The value and role of “knowledge” is different in every culture but good basic education is essential in every culture. Primary and secondary education in UK (up to 16) is compulsory for all children. However, there were a limited number of high quality schools and these are oversubscribed application. That created problem of “distributing” pupils between schools (Hurst and Sugden, 2011). So a practical and effective admission policy has great influence on the quality of basic education.... [tags: Education, Butler's 1944 Act]
2148 words (6.1 pages)
- Comparing Villains and Victims from The Speckled Band, Twisted Lip and The Cardboard Box The three villains which I am going to compare / contrast are Dr Roylott from The Speckled Band, Mr Neville St Claire from The Man With The Twisted Lip and Sarah Cushing from The Cardboard Box. The three victims I am going to compare / contrast are Helen Stoner from The Speckled Band, Mrs St Claire from The Man With The Twisted Lip and Susan Cushing from The Cardboard box. Dr Roylott is a stereotype villain.... [tags: Speckled Twisted Cardboard Essays]
1805 words (5.2 pages)
- Physical Education In Secondary Schools My philosophy of physical education in the secondary setting deals with students becoming physically fit. Also that students learn how to communicate with others, especially in a team setting. My philosophy also holds in it different teaching methods. Methods that physical education teachers can use to get the most out of their students. With this philosophy of physical education I plan to use it toward becoming a good teacher. The major reason for having physical education in secondary schools is to lead the students toward a better lifestyles and to be physically fit.... [tags: essays research papers]
1139 words (3.3 pages)