Over the last ten to fifteen years, what can only be described as extensive growth has occurred in London property values. In January 2016, the average house price in the capital was £551,000 compared to £292,000 for the UK as a whole (Office for National Statistics, 2016). Such prices have been achieved through a 9.8% ten year growth average (Knight Frank , 2014). With such substantial price increases, the attractiveness of the city to foreign investors is clear. As a result, London is the obvious case study when looking at foreign investment into the UK property market.
This paper will explore issues of finance, prope...
... middle of paper ...
...ome alternative for investors based in unstable countries. Secondly, it notes that London has seen consistent growth in its property market over the long term, with the last 10-15 years marking especially strong growth. As a result, London is determined to be currently experiencing housing bubble conditions, with year on year house prices that risk being unsustainable over time. To conclude, and perhaps most importantly, this paper breaks down the homogeneous ‘foreign investor’ into individuals, corporations and funds spanning the world. The paper concludes that such investors are motivated by three fundamental considerations; capital growth (making money through increasing values); political and economic stability (London offering a stable economy for them to invest their wealth); and, lastly, London’s unquantifiable values of history, culture and entertainment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Major cities Berlin, Germany 's capital, is one of the world 's most famous metropolises and most popular tourist attractions. The current population is nearly 3.4 million. Berlin is Germany 's leading industrial city, and the main industrial sectors are electronics, machinery manufacturing, chemicals, printing, textile and food processing. Berlin is an international transport hub. Hamburg, Germany 's largest port city, is Germany 's second largest city. Hamburg has a population of about 1.9 million.... [tags: Population, Demography, Germany]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- France is located in Europe between the Mediterranean Sea, the Bay of Biscay, and English Channel. It is the second largest country on the European continent. The capital city Paris is the largest city in France and is located in the north central part of the country. Two thirds of the country consists of either mountains or hills. Since France is between the North Pole and the equator, it has a temperate climate with some areas being very cold or hot. The summers are hot and dry, while the winters are fairly cold.... [tags: aircraft, cattle, hogs, poultry]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- Saudi Arabia is Located in southwest Asia, in the Middle East and it’s the largest country between Arabian states. Saudi Arabia’s capital is Riyadh which is the most important part in the world for the production and filtering of petroleum and oil. The country is divided into 13 provinces that have major cities like Makkah, Riyadh, Jeddah, and Medina. Saudi Arabia’s capital is Riyadh which is the most important part in the world for the production and filtering of petroleum and oil. Also, Makkah which is the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad, and the fifth pillar of the Islam is Pilgrimage (Hajj) which every year Muslims from all over the world visited Makkah for Haj.... [tags: Middle Eastern countries, Arabian penninsula]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- “ An eye for an eye leaves us all blind doesn’t it “. Capital punishment cost the United states a lot of money. The death penalty can be unfair and can cause innocent lives to be took. The death penalty should be abolished because it is an ineffective way of punishment. There are trials that are unjust and many innocent people that have been killed. Putting people to death cost more than sending people to jail for the rest of their lives. Capital punishment doesn’t affect change. Capital Punishment is the legal authorization for killing someone who committed a crime.... [tags: the death penalty]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- There is no doubt on the fact that Facebook is a juggernaut among all the global brands that has created lasting legacies and billion-dollar empires. It is the largest social networking site and ranks among the world 's most valuable tech companies. Facebook has built an impact on the world within an incredibly short span of time by connecting and influencing millions of people consisting of all age groups. Facebook caused revolutionary breakthroughs in communication, technology, broadcasting, entertainment, social media and startup market.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Venture capital]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- SECTOR-1 (BANKING & FINANCE INDUSTRY SECTOR) INDUSTRY ANALYSIS: INRODUCTION: Indian banking and financial services industry is strong and robust among the world economies. Over the previous years, financial markets have witnessed a significant deepening and broadening of services with the introduction of new instruments and products in banking, capital markets space and insurance. Insurance Sector: The life insurance sector collected new business premiums of Rs 11,742.7 crore (1.92 billion USD) for April-May 2013, as per the data from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority.... [tags: capital, invesments, equity]
1795 words (5.1 pages)
- Jon Weinberg stated, in an article titled “Sword of Justice. Beheadings arise in Saudi Arabia”, that in 2007, the official number of executions in Saudi Arabia was 151. Saudi Arabia is located in the Middle East. It is in between the Persian Gulf and the Red Sea. Its northern borders are Jordan, Kuwait, and Iraq, with Yemen to its south, and Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates to its east. Saudi Arabia is a complete monarchy meaning the king rules over everything. The current leader of Saudi Arabia is King Abdullah ibn Abdul Aziz Al Saud.... [tags: Capital Punishment, Gender Inequality]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
Brazil, a Flourishing Country with Third-World Characterisitcs: On Hosting the 2014 World Cup and Olympic Summer Games of 2016
- Brazil is the largest country in South America and in Latin America, fifth largest in the world. It is one of the more diverse countries in the world, with different cultures and ethnicities. Brazil’s type of government is a Federal Republic. Brazil is on its way to growing out of its emerging market status and becoming one of the richest and most developed countries on earth. Brazil’s human, mineral, and agricultural resources are on par with those of the United States and Canada, and it has a few great opportunities to take advantage of in order to continue the growth it’s been experiencing over the past 20 years.... [tags: Development, Latin America, Crime]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Sacred Rage in The Fifth Column In The Fifth Column, the hero, who has become finally indistinguishable from the false or publicity Hemingway, has here dosed himself with whiskey; a seductive and desirous woman, for whom he has the most admirable reasons for not taking any responsibility; sacred rage; the excitement of bombardment; and indulgence in that headiest of sports, for which he has now the same excellent reasons -- the bagging of human beings. You may be afraid, after reading The Fifth Column, that Hemingway will never sober up; but as you go on in the new volume in which it appears, which includes also his most recent short stories, you find that your apprehensions were unfoun... [tags: The Fifth Column Essays]
1599 words (4.6 pages)
- Mythological Realism in Fifth Business Spellbinding like his creation Magnus Eisengrim, Robertson Davies is a wizard of the English language. Who says that Canadian literature is bland and unappealing. New York Times applauded Fifth Business – the first of the Deptford triptych – as "a marvelously enigmatic novel, elegantly written and driven by irresistible narrative force." How true this is. Dunstable Ramsay – later renamed Dunstan after St. Dunstan – may be a retired schoolteacher, but what an engaging narrator he is.... [tags: Fifth Business]
1016 words (2.9 pages)