The essence of the kind of love that exists between two people who become significant others is a love where (where--which) they completely know one another and they appreciate each other’s good qualities while accepting each other’s flaws. (Add a quote from Shakespeare 's Sonnet 130 or 18, because using this quote can help explain how lovers appreciate each other and accept their shortcomings.) The love should be expressed with constant honesty and attentiveness towards each other’s happiness for it to endure. (Add a quote, and use this quote to show love with this feature and explain why this feature can help love endure. You can use a quote from “What We Talk about When We Talk about Anne Frank”, Deb and her husband are a representative couple who care about the feeling of each other, and their love seem endure.) (The meanings of the first sentence and the second sentence are not same, maybe you could divide them into two paragraphs.)
Love is something some of us are fortunate to experience and (conjunction problem: ", but "?) we may not think about how we got there. Let’s examine the essence of love between two people who meet and become significant others or spouses, and how it should be expressed for the relationship to endure. (Add a quote, the quote ...
... middle of paper ...
...to express. It is constant honesty and attentiveness towards each others happiness in order to increase the longevity of the relationship. Communicating any problems with full honesty will help to avoid any future problems and resentment or disagreements. Attentiveness to each others happiness is important to understand in order for our partners to want to continue. If one partner cannot read the others happiness then the other should express honesty about any difficulties in the relationship. This could also avoid unfaithfulness.
If we hope to achieve the kind of love that exists between two loving people we must first allow to get (to get -- getting) to know the person before saying they don 't fulfill the variables mentioned above.If we also hope to maintain this love we have to keep in mind the two important traits that will definitely make the relationship last.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Never fall in love with a player. I am a prime living example of this and I want to give you my story as an example. This will also show you why sometimes calling love a ‘Happy Endings,’ can be a back track of the true meaning of love. “A deceitful man will go as far as to trample all over a woman’s reputation and spirit, in order to prove to his ex-love that he was faithful. The irony, is he is still in love with his ex and the new woman in his life doesn’t even realize it.” Shannon L. Alder You see two people holding hands.... [tags: Love, Debut albums, Emotion]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- In ordinary terms, love is an intense feeling of affection towards another person, object, or anything for that matter. An average person typically refers to love as an attraction to another person so strong that one begins to develop an inability to feel a romantic passion for anyone else. However, in psychoanalytical terms there are multiple ways to describe the characteristics of love. In actuality, love is not a feeling. The only accompanying feelings that come with love is anxiety. Love demands love.... [tags: Love, Human sexual behavior, Human sexuality]
2167 words (6.2 pages)
- Love, Love, Love. We all think about it, dream about it, sing about it, and even lose sleep worrying about it, but why. Love is such a small word paired with a vital meaning. It’s universal, easy to spell, difficult to define, but impossible to live without. When we don’t have it, we search for it, when we find it, we don’t know what to do with it, when we have it, we fear losing it. Love is the constant source of happiness and sorrow. I am young and I haven't a clue as to what love is, let alone what falling in love is.... [tags: definition essay, defining love]
649 words (1.9 pages)
- What is Love. Romantic Love Is love chemical. Love can't be just pheromones, surely body chemistry changes. Although, perhaps that is why people break up after a while. Maybe they were attracted to each other at one point, but then the pheromones they were giving off change and the other person is no longer attracted to them. What is attraction based on. What attracts one person to another. People have said they have fallen in love before meeting in person, thanks to the Internet. Pheromones can't account for that.... [tags: essay about love]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- The Role of Masculinity in Things Fall Apart Masculinity typically refers to the common traits inherited by a male. Males are stereotyped to provide support for the family. Support can be executed in many ways such as through protection and financial and emotional bolstering. However, the term masculinity has various definitions and can be viewed through different lenses. In the novel, Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, the concept of masculinity is portrayed thorough the main character, Okonkwo.... [tags: Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe, Igbo people]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- When we slump in love we sometimes don’t know why we did. There is a copious amount of weird reasons we fall in love and explanations on how and why we do. First, it sounds weird that it may take from two to four minutes to figure out if you love someone, or if your feelings come then and there. You mainly love someone on three things that are; their body language, the way the person talks, and on what the person specifically says to you. There are three stages of love. These stages are lust, attraction, and attachment.... [tags: lust, attraction, and attachment]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- What is love. If you were to ask anyone from a young person to a senior citizen, you would probably get a cliché answer that love is a strong feeling of affection. We “fall in love,” or two people meet and it’s “love at first sight.” This definition by no means is wrong. However, it does leave out a substantial piece of information. By reading the Bible, we can gather that love is not just a strong feeling of affection but it is God. God is love. God is the source of all love and the sole reason it exists.... [tags: Love, God, Sentence, Audience]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- Movies only scratch the surface of “best friends.” You see the typical girl duo that gossips and shops, completely joined at the hip, never without one another. They trade secrets and inside jokes like playing cars, and their names go hand in hand. That perception isn’t wrong; it’s just not the whole truth. Your best friend should be all that movies say, but it’s so much more complex than that. Have you ever met someone and when you start talking you’re left wondering where they’ve been all your life.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Platonic love]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- The book Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe details the account of an African tribal named Okonkwo as his life goes from great to horrible. While this book has many lessons that can be learned, I will be primarily focusing on the effect that Christianity had on the population of the African tribe. While Christianity is a religion of peace, its followers often do not follow this basic tenant. The first missionary, Mr. Brown, practiced compromise and tolerance. His replacement, Mr. Smith, was much more aggressive in his tactics.... [tags: Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe, Love]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- The Definition of Love Love by definition is an emotion explored in philosophy, religion, and literature, often as either romantic love, the fraternal love of others, or the love of God based on the definition found in The Encarta Encyclopedia. As I explored the definition by means of the Internet, books, and articles I noticed the definitions changed quite a bit, but yet had the same basic understanding. The definition I found in The Encarta Encyclopedia was probably the most simple and most basic.... [tags: Definition Essays Love Godly Romantic Essays]
1038 words (3 pages)