YouTube has been used by myself since I was around 15 years old. That is when I was aloud to use it. In the beginning it was used strictly for entertainment purposes. To watch random videos that gave no other purpose than to make me laugh. But now that I have gotten older; albeit not much older; it has become a resource for information. I have begun using it to learn all of the different things my mind wants to explore. I have dabbled in graphic design, sign language, and even psychology which is the degree I am currently pursuing.I don 't have to scour the earth for information, I do not have to hire a tutor or a teacher, nor do I have to go to the library to pick up a book. While those things are still easily accessible, what is even more convenient is turning on my ...
... middle of paper ...
...e feel privileged. I have access to millions of minds, billions of thoughts, and trillions of ideas. It has been a source of happiness when I felt I desperately needed it. It has been an escape. It has been a connection to people all around the world, whom I would never have known about otherwise.
Without YouTube, I think a lot of us would not be quite as knowledgeable. Just like Google, it is a platform from which anything can be found within a few clicks. Books are great, and I continue to read them. But with a moving screen that can last anywhere from 2 minutes to an hour or longer, I can choose to scratch the surface on a topic or delve in with all of my focus. I can choose to be an amateur, or an expert. It is an app that I use to its full advantage and I am glad it exists. Even if I am using for my selfish reason to learn as much as humanly possible and beyond.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I remember long nights spent in bed, my face inches away from the bright fluorescent white light of the ipad; and every time I put the ipad down, there was this biting restlessness, this urge, to pick it up again. In morning I would wake up to my mother’s shouts to get ready for school, followed by a race to class, where I would often fall asleep. Slowly, my perfect A status diminished, along with my care for school, and I didn’t know the cause until an epiphany came months later. My self-awareness was suddenly aroused, to find a naive middle schooler whose life was filled with no substance-just the mindless humorous waste that fills much of Netflix and Youtube.... [tags: Dystopia, Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- If I were to ever create a YouTube channel it would most likely be about my life and goals. I have always considered myself the luckiest of men, especially because of my compassionate parents and their troubled yet miraculous journey to a peaceful life. They had an inspiring impact on me and how I want to live my life. My father is a physician at Howard University Hospital and my mother is a laboratory manager at Holy Cross Hospital. Both are citizens of America now; but not long ago, both were Ethiopian citizens.... [tags: United States, Family, Ethiopia, Mother]
712 words (2 pages)
- ESSAYS44936 #1 A Content Marketer Guide to Facebook live streaming Video marketing used to cost a lot of money for what was typically a very limited result. Yet, these days, thanks mostly to YouTube and partially to Google, video marketing has a measurable return on investment. Even rank amateur videographers can pull in a comparatively and relatively sizable crowd. Technology and globalization has led to a situation where viewers are able to stream high-definition videos directly to whichever device they happen to have on them without a lag, without freezing, compatibility issues, stalling, rights issues, errors and poor quality loading.... [tags: Streaming media, Multimedia]
1678 words (4.8 pages)
- TV for Chickens is a project by contemporary Finnish artist, Tea Makipaa. In this project she created a television show showing the lives of free range chickens. She showed this to chickens being raised in a factory farm. Factory farms are dark crowded places where chickens become bored or panicked and often kill themselves or others. John of the “vlogbrothers”, Youtube video bloggers uploaded a video discussing this project. He notes that after watching it the chickens became more docile and less likely to murder one another, and raises the question “If this is what TV does to chickens what does it do to humans?” This is not referring to all television programming but specific... [tags: The Risks of TV]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Exposing students to the power of social media in the classroom is an important part of preparing them to be active and positive digital citizens in a 21st century world. In the last two years, my own students have rapidly been drawn to Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and many other social networking platforms. They upload, share, and connect with others often without any regard to how their digital footprints may reflect them as individuals. Having continuous conversations with students about the choices that they make can lead to positive results.... [tags: knowledge, blogger, youtube]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- The Arab Spring has impacted multiple countries in northern Africa and the Arab world and so far since the end of December in 2010, leading to the fall of the government in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Yemen. Among the unarmed insurrections, social media and social networking technology functioned as a new strategy that empowered the protesters to gain successful uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt and inspired grassroots movements in other Arab countries. The new media, namely Twitter, Facebook and Youtube, with online blogs and mobile telecommunications, played a significant role as the politics of connectivity, which connect, coordinate and communicate the protestors.... [tags: twitter, facebook, youtube]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Over the last couple of decades society and technology have seen a dramatic shift in the use of computers for communicating. Social media has become a central figure in the drama of interconnectivity through computing. The existence of the virtual community has reformed the act of using the computer from a singular activity to one of infinite connections. The sheer number of available sites is staggering; there are more than 200 sites, and that number grows continually. Delving into the virtual world has become so common, so important, and so addictive, that many people feel anxious and disconnected when they’re unable to reach their everyday haunts online.... [tags: Facebook Twitter YouTube Essays]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Do Ahmadis Deserve to Live in Pakistan. The article, “Do Ahmadis Deserve to Live in Pakistan?” is written by Yasser Latif Hamdani on 31 August, 2012. Yasser Hamdani is a lawyer and writer based in Lahore, Pakistan. He has been writing prolifically for Daily Times Pakistan. He also writes for The Friday Times and Express Tribune. As a lawyer, Yasser Latif Hamdani has argued several public interest litigations before the Lahore High Court, including the Bhagat Singh case and the YouTube case where he is arguing for unblocking of the website.... [tags: Ahmadians, religion]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- Video marketing is the use of videos to market or promote a brand, service or product. A video is a more vivid, lively and memorable presentation of the marketing message, which results in enhanced search engine ranking, more conversions and click through rates, and better sales. Depending on their marketing plans and goals, companies can use live event videos, customer testimonials, explainer videos, how-to videos, entertainment (viral) videos and corporate training videos, among others, to pass their brand messages more persuasively, briefly and effectively.... [tags: Marketing, Search engine optimization, YouTube]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Hello everyone. Hi guys, how are you. What’s up everybody?. However it may be, every YouTube video needs an introduction. It takes only a few seconds to grab someone’s attention and after that it is all up the viewers to continue watching until the end. Before the video even starts you have to attract people to the video through catchy titles and thumbnail pictures. The science behind YouTube is complicated; with that being written, it is very challenging to become successful on the Web site. Even though increasing numbers of people are able to make a living off of YouTube today, it has not always been this way and people still believe that it should not be this way.... [tags: YouTube]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Environmental Degradation And Its Effects On The Earth
- Cultural Appropriation, By Sabeen Sandhu 's Article, Instant Karm The Commercialization Of Asian Indian Culture
- Poverty Is More Than Being Poor
- The Effects Of Prisons On Correctional Officers
- The Yellow Paper By Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections