I am hoping to reach those who are concerned about their current health status and are questioning where to turn. I would like to show some encouragement to those who are lost in their medical journey; to show them that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Another group I would like to reach are the skeptical doctors, like mine. Maybe if they could see some research into the subject, they may not be as close minded. This is a topic close to home for me, as I to have been frustrated with medicine as a whole. I am currently battling an illness that doctors cannot diagnose. My lab values change every time they think they have an answer, prompting them to start all over. Through my research I am hoping to find encouraging information as to the power of prayer....
... middle of paper ...
...ar. 2005: 109-117. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
Coyne, Jerry A. “Science and Religion Aren’t Friends.” USA Today. USA Today 10 Oct. 2010. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
Rupple, Paul. “The Fatal Flaw in Double Blind Prayer Experiments.” Thinking Eternally. Thinking Eternally 16 Jul. 2010. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
Jantos, Marek, and Kiat, Hosen. “Prayer as medicine: How Much Have We Learned?” Medical Journal of Australia 10:51 (2007):186. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
Benson, Herbert, et al. “Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer in Cardiac Bypass Patients: A Multi-center Randomized trial of Uncertainty and Certainty of Receiving Intercessory Prayer.” American Heart Journal 151:4 (2006). Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
Harrigan, John. “Health Promoting Habits of People Who Pray For Their Health.” Journal of Religion and Health 50.3 (2011): 602-607. Academic Search Premier. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Before I began reading for this project I asked myself. What do I want to take away from it, and why. To be honest, at first, I didn’t know what I wanted from reading the book When the Hurt Runs Deep by Kay Arthur. After opening myself up to the truth I realized deep within me I sought answers to my life. My heart longed to know the reason behind why certain things occur but an even greater question arose out of my inner thoughts and up to the surface: Have I truly moved past all the hurt that runs deep.... [tags: Truth, Meaning of life, Question]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Today, I realized that God isn 't just a God of rule or the God of fixing my mistakes. You see, while those things are great, God is the God of restoration... Especially during a breather. I messed up. I allowed my life to spiral out of control, pride to be a way of life, people to get closer than they should and created an environment with my emotions that damaged me and those around me. Codependency took me places I never thought I 'd go and kept me there longer than I ever planned to stay. The idea of doing anything to gain the acceptance and affirmation of another became an adrenaline rush for me.... [tags: Jesus, New Testament]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- ... All of you should know that love’s enemy is hatred. When love gives so many benefits, hatred gives bad results. One of the different results is love makes peace while hatred can cause a war. All people should know the fact that hating other people is bad, but why many people still hate each other. To love others is not a piece of cake, before humans can love others they need to love themselves, and before they can love themselves rightly they should love God (Matthew 22:37-39). Therefore, the key of loving others is by loving God wholly.... [tags: glorigying God, Jean Valjean]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- “I believe in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that he suffered, died, and was buried, and that on the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures. I believe he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. I believe he will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his Kingdom shall have no end.” Those are a few of the lines from the Nicene Creed, which I learned as a small Catholic before ever realizing what they meant.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Trinity, God in Christianity]
2421 words (6.9 pages)
- ... In this scene, the video shows us a little lovely girl, and she looks very lovely, this scene will make audiences who watch this video want to protect the little girl. In the meantime, the song starts. With the sweet voice of Michael Jackson, we saw three important frames, in the first scene, we saw soldiers stand in behind dust, and this means they are in a war. In the second scene, a little boy stand beside a tank, he wears a black jacket, on his face, we cannot see any expression, he looks very helpless, he cannot do anything to stop the war.... [tags: victims of war, hunger, children, soldiers]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- cannot heal themselves. When a ligament is hurt, the ligament will dissolve itself rather than repairing itself. The same is true when it comes to cartilage. When a piece of cartilage breaks off, new cartilage will not replace the missing cartilage. The only way to repair cartilage is to sew the torn cartilage back onto the existing cartilage. If an individual would hurt a ligament while performing a motion over and over again, the individual would be forced to live without a ligament, get an autograft from some other region of their body, or use a graft from a cadaver.... [tags: Muscle, Cardiac muscle, Glycogen, Muscular system]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- A Theological Response to Natural Suffering In his book, The Sacred Canopy, Peter Berger asserts that ``Religion has played a strategic part in the human enterprise of world building,`` and `` implies the farthest reach of his ( man`s) infusion of reality with his own meaning.`` (Berger, 1967, 27) Thus, theology, another term for religion, is the foundation of human sense of the meaning of life and closely related to our daily life. The 921 earthquake occured on September 21, 1999 that caused the most serious damage in Taiwan since 1935.... [tags: Earthquake Religion Suffering God Papers]
4544 words (13 pages)
- 1. God created the universe, and human beings. He did not create us because he was bored, or wanted us to bring Him glory. He just chose to create us, there is no purpose behind it. We are created by God so we should live for His glory, and also, giving God glory will give our lives purpose and meaning. We are born to glorify God by enjoying Him. We need to understand Him. the more we know about God, the more we know ourselves. “Our spirit is a reflection of God’s nature and allows us to relate to him personally.” So we need to have well and always remember to glorify God.... [tags: Jesus, Bible, Christianity, God in Christianity]
2193 words (6.3 pages)
- An important topic is being discussed, and it concerns the various concepts of God. Indeed, throughout history humanity have asked the same question to no avail, is there really a God. However, “Philosophers have offered three answers to the “is anyone in charge” question: 1) there is a God, 2) there is no God, and 3) we can’t know whether there is a god or not a God (Roots of Wisdom Pg. 167). The belief that there is a god is called theism. Conversely, the belief that there is not a god is called atheism.... [tags: God, Good and evil, Omnipotence, Omniscience]
1404 words (4 pages)
- One believes that faith in Jesus Christ is needed because Jesus Christ is going to be faithful to His calling. Jesus is the Word of God, and God said, when He send out His Word, it will perform what He sent it out to do., Iit will not return void. Jesus is our salvation and must be faithful to His calling. Even when His flesh is crying out, it want to give up and quit, the spirit of God that is Within him cry out not my will but your will be done. . Wright wrote that God is a just God and know that balance is a vital (p.53).There are righteous people and unrighteous people;, something must be done.... [tags: Jesus, God, God in Christianity, Holy Spirit]
1068 words (3.1 pages)