A reason for obtaining a higher education in and to graduate from college with a bachelor’s degree is that a bachelor’s degree can earn a higher salary than the majority of the people who have a high school diploma. Stephen Rose, a research professor at the Georgetown University and author of “The Value of a College Degree,” said, “Most people want to obtain a baccalaureate degree because of the added earnings associated with a degree” (4). A bachelor’s degree has been an important factor on how much annua...
... middle of paper ...
...’s degree is indeed worth it. William Beaver, a well-respected accountant and educator, reported that the median debt for college students earning a bachelor’s degree has increased to $17,000 (309). The total student loan in the United States is $914 billion which exceeds the $672 billion of total credit card debt (London 360). Approximately 58% of college freshman that started at a four-year university will eventually earn a bachelor’s degree at most six years (Beaver 309). Some college students argue that they spend a lot of money on colleges until they reach to a point where they think that going to college is not worth the time and money. Those college students will eventually drop out of college because of failed grades and running out of money to spend. As what Beaver reported, a survey of 30,000 college freshman reported that closely one-half spend more time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is education worth your money. Once students graduate high school they don’t really know if they should continue their education and get a career of their choice or, get a full time job. Most people think that getting a college education is a waste of time since getting a job is harder than getting a full time job, also going to college and paying for students loans is what scares them the most. But what the undergraduate do not know is that they can get more money and better benefits then a full time job.... [tags: College, Higher education, High school]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- In today’s society many people decide at a young age that further their education is the route that they want to go. In other cases, others decided that work is the only path to go. Having a college education is very important it might take time to complete, but it’s worth it. I always knew that I wanted a college education and I believe that everyone should explore his or her option. Having a higher education opens many doors and also gives you the opportunity to explore life-changing experiences.... [tags: Higher education, College, Academic degree]
711 words (2 pages)
- Higher Education “The mother of all problems in higher education today is high tuition…” as said by Jon Wiener, a notable American Historian in Los Angeles. He also concluded that “…at public colleges and universities, which forces students into decades of debt and makes for-profit schools Seem like a plausible alternative.” In the US, it’s said, at least according to the Nation Student Clearinghouse and College Atlas, that the rate of college students required to take remedial college courses, are likely going to dropout with a staggering rate of 75%.... [tags: University, Education, Higher education, Student]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- College Education: Worth It or Not Rodney Smith argues that a college education is worth the costs in his essay, “Yes, A College Education is Worth the Costs.” He contends that higher education is an investment and stewardship. He supports this by showing that unemployment rates go down as the level of education rises and that pay goes up as education level rises. He tells the story of his grandfather using his life savings to allow his father to go to college instead of to work on the family farm; his father realized the sacrifice and made sure to use the funds wisely and went on to graduate near the top of his law school class.... [tags: Higher education, College, University]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- College, a nightmare for most high school graduates, but also a heaven for those who want to pursue their career. Everyone should go to college because college will bring a lot of benefits in the future. In “Report tout benefit of college education” there is a list of what benefits will college graduates get. “No College Education, Fewer Job Prospects; ‘Left Out or Forgotten. Recent High School Graduates and the Great Recession’.” is about how does education level affects the chance of getting a job and salaries.... [tags: Higher education, High school, College]
1574 words (4.5 pages)
- There is tremendous pressure for students to attend college. With the rising costs of tuition, lack of financial aid, and reduction in state and local support of institutions. Students and families are left with increased responsibilities of funding their education. Hence, leaving countless students wondering if they should even attend college. Students should research the costs, institutions, potential majors, financial aid, and future labor earnings before making the final decision on where to attend college.... [tags: Higher education, High school, College]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- Is a College Education Worth It. There are many people who believe that once a student graduates from high school, they are going to attend college for a higher and better education. But there are also people that have stated their opinion that a college education is not worth the amount of money needed, just to earn a piece a paper. This argument can go back and forth but when you really think about it a college education is actually worth it in the long run. The biggest and most valuable thing someone can get from a college education would be a close family and more security to protect that family.... [tags: High school, Higher education, Education, College]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- As the numbers of college graduates employment have increased for each years, many people have being debating that whether everyone should have college education and whether college education still worth it for everyone. Some people found that they did not gain the benefits that they wish from college education, and some people found that they still could not find the job they desire after they spent all the money they have on college education and being in heavy debts. Therefore, people started to believe that colleges are not designed for everyone, and force oneself to attend colleges could lead to negative outcomes.... [tags: Higher education, College, High school, University]
1346 words (3.8 pages)
- Some people would agree a college education is worth pursuing; it expands one’s mind through the power of education and allows oneself to find their unique place in a world of conformity. Also with a college degree, a person will make more money than someone with just a high school diploma. “On average, a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree earned $30,000 more per year than a high school graduate, or about $500,000 more over a lifetime, as of Apr. 2013.  Earning an associate 's degree (a 2-year degree) was worth about $170,000 more than a high school diploma over a lifetime in 2011.... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
1751 words (5 pages)
- Is college for everyone. We as Americans like the idea of college not necessarily the pursuit of obtaining a degree. Furthermore I will explain my reasons to return to school. Being a college graduate is more than holding a diploma it is an opportunity in a promotable career, high paying job, one of my personal goals, and lastly to show myself I can do anything I put my mind to. I am not here to prove that college is for everyone but, as you will see in this paper, I will explain why I chose to further my education.... [tags: Personal Experience ]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- A Research Study On Kidney Damage ( Malin, T., & Birch, And Birch
- Art And Vision : Paul Crowther
- The Economic, Political, And Social Growth Of The Ancient Greek
- Affordable Care Act : Jason Montgomery
- Heritage Assessment Benchmark Tool : Grand Canyon University
- Coca Cola And Its Effects On Its Policies