I think, that one day, we can have a world where humans can test products on other sources than animals. For now, the complete solution to this problem is unknown, and scientists still continue to test on animals since there is no other reliable solution. Though this may seem the only way, there may be a solution. I believe that half of the animals in a lab should be used for testing, for right now there is no solution, and half should be used for mating and normal animal research. You may not agree with my solution, but for me this may be an easier way to create a healthier use with animal testing. Now, this still doesn’t excuse the fact that animals are suffering, without pain relief, and or any comfort. This is why researchers should stop the brutality of animal testing, and try a more gentle approach. My plan would consist of three research facilities instead of hundreds. The plan would make one of them for the tests and the other two would be for creating solutions to help the animals and have a mating facility, or a indoor habitat, so they can have...
... middle of paper ...
... 1.1% of dogs and cats from pounds and shelters, that would otherwise be euthanized, are used in research. Rats, mice and other rodents make up 85-90% of all research animals along with birds. Only 1 to 1.5% of research animals are dogs and cats and only 0.5% are non-human primates.
There has been a 40% decrease in the numbers of animals used in biomedical research and testing in the US since 1968.
At least 61% of animals used suffer no pain, 31% have pain relieved with anesthesia, 6% experience pain, as alleviation would compromise the validity of the data. A lot of this work is directed at an understanding of pain.”
Maybe one day, we will have found the solution to animal testing without the animals’ harm, but for now, we must keep searching, and I hope that we will finally have accurate information and safe and healthy chemicals WITHOUT animal testing.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animals Testing should Be Eliminated Why do many people not care for animals’ lives. Many people believe that animal testing is the only choice to do medical research. Even though some animals have similar characters, needs, and cognitive, intellectual thinking with a human being, so they have to be able to have their freedom to avoid suffering from slaughters, hunters, researchers, and so on. Moreover, medical, or chemical industry researchers need to come up with different methods or technologies other than using animals to test drugs, toxic chemicals, and household products.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing, Human, Rights]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Animal Cruelty Did you know that animal cruelty is a big part of America. Animal cruelty is when a human inflicts suffering or harm to an animal. Some animal cruelty that happens in America are in experiments and animal mills. Animal cruelty should be eliminated throughout America. Many animals throughout America go through harsh and unimaginable experiments on a daily basis. Although around 90% of animals used in U.S. labs are not counted in the official statistics of animal testing. It is estimated that around round 100 million animal are burned, crippled, poisoned, and abused in U.S.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing, Experiment]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- “I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being” (Abraham Lincoln). Throughout the United States over 100 million animals are used for testing different product testing. They are used to teach biology, medical testing, the testing of new drugs, chemical, and cosmetics, and they are used in experiments based off of curiosity. The researches have stopped using just “lab rats” and now use many different breeds of animals such as: mice, rats, cats, dogs, pigs, monkeys, and many more (Collins).... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing, Primate, Human]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Animals are often described as loyal companions that provide unconditional love and that bring joy into our lives, but yet we allow them to be subjected to harm for research. I ask, how is this any different from animal cruelty. The government allows animals to be burned, shocked, poisoned, isolated and starved. Each year, millions of innocent animals are killed during these painful tests. For many centuries, scientists have used animals of all kinds, such as rats, rabbits, primates, cats and dogs as a way to test the safety and effectiveness of a product before human exposure.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1590 words (4.5 pages)
- The Harsh Truth of Animal Testing Throughout history, beginning as early as 500 BC, animals have been used to test products that will later be utilized by humans (“Animal Testing” 4), what isn’t publicly discussed is the way it will leave the animals after the process is done. Many innocent rabbits, monkeys, mice, and even popular pets such as dogs are harmed during the testing application of cosmetics, medicine, perfumes, and many other consumer products (Donaldson 2). Nevertheless, there are many people whom support the scandal because "it is a legal requirement to carry out animal testing to ensure they are safe and effective” for human benefit (Drayson).... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1045 words (3 pages)
- For many years, scientists have made numerous scientific advancements in the world. Over the years, scientists have been able to treat life-saving cures and beauty products that we now use in today 's society. Unfortunately, the only way that most of these scientists were able to get successful results, is at the price of animals ' lives. As a result of animal testing, over a million animals die and continue to suffer during testing and other experiments (PETA). Animal testing should be illegal because every life has value and testing on animals is cruel and inhumane.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- animal testing “Beauty without cruelty” is the outcry that can be heard from animal right activists around the world. The FDA does not require companies to perform tests on animals but if the cosmetic product contains chemicals that can be seen as toxins, testing becomes a necessity. There are currently thirteen safety tests that are performed on animals. Anti-testing activists deem these unnecessary and consider them to be cruel. “Fourteen million animals are used currently in the U.S. to test toxicity and irritancy of cosmetics and household products” (Hannah).... [tags: Animal Testing]
708 words (2 pages)
- Animal Testing As history shows man has endured and overcome many diseases and illnesses. These diseases killed many people and caused many to suffer. Most of these diseases have been cured do to mans medical research. Medical research has improved people’s lives along with increased life expectancy greatly. These medical breakthroughs have helped mankind in many ways, but in order to achieve these advances in medicine many animals suffered through testing. These test done to animals have improved the lives of many humans who would have suffered themselves.... [tags: Animal Testing]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Animal Testing In the 1880’s, Louis Pasteur conducted one of the most unpleasant series of animal experiments in the history of the fight against infectious disease. Unable to see the organism that causes rabies with the microscopes available, he convinced a skeptical medical community of the microorganism’s existence and also the possibility of vaccinating against it. He did this by doing work on rabbits and dogs. In 1885, after much heart searching, he tried out his rabies vaccine on a nine-year old boy, Joseph Meister, who had been bitten 14 times by a rabid dog.... [tags: Animal Testing]
686 words (2 pages)
- Is it right to take the life of an innocent animal. Animals have been burnt, crushed, sliced, electrocuted, tortured with drugs, poisoned with toxic chemicals, and tormented in psychological testing. They do all these test just to make money or find if a chemical is safe for humans. Is this right. Lab experimentation involving animals is inhumane. Animal testing is cruel because an animal s life is just as important as a human s life, people are exploiting animals, and animal testing doesn’t t show whether or not a product is safe for humans.... [tags: Animal Testing]
418 words (1.2 pages)