Now while some might think that preparing for a seven day camping expedition might be complicated, it is actually quite the contrary. Because of the male dominance and high levels of testosterone present while camping, we do not have to pack seven different outfits; instead we pack three or four because we can wear the same thing two days in a row, at odds with modern belief today. Next on our list is to get my dad’s 1998 Ford Windstar serviced to make sure that it will transport us our desired destination, because it would be catastrophic if we did not make it. As was almost the case on year when we had van trouble, fortu...
... middle of paper ...
... dad’s family in Indiana, I know that there is nowhere else I would rather be. To see the sights, to smell the smells and to live the moments is something that is very dear to me. Maybe it is the fact that I can go the entire week without a shirt on and not be looked down upon; maybe it is only having to eat, sleep, and live; or maybe it is the time that I spend with my dad’s side of the family. I do not know the exact reason why, but I know that the time spent at the Graver campout is something to behold and cherished by all. Also the jokes of the week are funny, plus preserving the male Graver spirit is great. I can safely say that the week goes by the fastest, but sadly takes the longest to get here. We are in a utopia for a single week and maybe one day our simple camping style will become the world’s way of living, it would just make the world a better place.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Amy’s Terrible Vacation Amy and her family go on a camping trip every year to the Temido' Valley River. Amy is the only one in her family that dreads going on the trip. The thought of riding in a van for 8 hours that is a hundred years old was not fun, especially with her juvenile brothers.Toby and Howard always had the worst luck when it came to camping. Even though Amy dreaded the camping trip, she loved to gloat about how no bad fortune ever came her way. Little did she know her brothers would have the bragging rights this year.... [tags: Camping, Campsite, Tent, Luck, Family, Campfire]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- The Annual Camping Trip Many of my childhood memories are vague in my mind, but there is one that I will always remember, as well as always hold a special place in my heart. Every year my family would go camping up in the mountains for about three days. This one time stood out to me, and that was the summer of 2008, for I was old enough to appreciate the joys of camping, yet not too old to not feel the exhilaration of it. I was eight years old and ready for a good time with my brother, cousins, my parents and even our beloved dog Summer.... [tags: Camping, Campfire, Camper, Campsite, Tent]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Camping is a fun experience whether it be with your family, friends, or by yourself. However, it all depends on what you’re camping in that makes your experience worthwhile. Camping in a camper or motorhome is more convenient and efficient than camping in a tent. In my own camping experience, I feel that having a camper is much more enjoyable than a tent. When camping in a camper you’re able to experience the outdoors with the luxury of feeling at home. Electricity is the most beneficial attribute that a camper can provide.... [tags: Camping, Coffee, Sleep, Tent, Campsite, Camper]
1633 words (4.7 pages)
- While growing up for most family vacations my family and I would go camping in the woods. Camping is one of my all time favorite things to do. While camping, I love going on hikes and seeing the beauty of the world around us. I love the fresh air and smell of the pine trees. I love just sitting around a campfire at night, smelling the burning wood, staring at the bright fire with the darkness of the night all around up, looking up and seeing all the beautiful bright stars glowing in the dark night sky.... [tags: Argumentative Essays]
1738 words (5 pages)
- My dad’s parents would always take me and my brother places, one of the best things was going to the Oceanside pier and looking at what fishermen caught in their buckets. I seem to spend a lot more time with my dad’s side of the family because for one they live next to me unlike my mom’s side of the family. Every year we have a Knott’s Berry Farm get away for the weekend with all the family and during summer we all go camping together for a week. Even when I was little we had family vacations and we would all go down to Mexico and camp on the beach.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Grandparent, Mother]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- DAD I chose to watch the movie “DAD” with Jack Lemmon, Ted Danson, and Olympia Dukakis, just to name a few of the actors. In the past, I’ve seen “ The Notebook” and absolutely loved it but I wanted to give myself a new opportunity with a fresh perspective. DAD is a story about a family, aging parents, controlling personalities, estranged son’s, and the power of love, as well as the dynamics of relationships. I found the movie to be a very accurate portrayal of not only getting old, but more importantly, about missed opportunities, taking people for granted, and the power of love along with dedication and loyalty.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Dad, Olympia Dukakis]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- ... I get excited every time my dad tells my brother and me that we are going camping. After sitting for a long time in the old gray Westfalia (a camper van) my brother gets very irritable, but I like the drive because I get to see new things all the time. When we get to the campground I know that we were going to have a great time. After we set up the campsite we put our boat in the water; however, since it’s just a small boat my dad and I can just carry it to the water. I remember when we had a big boat, we would have to pull the boat up to the launching ramp and it would scare me since the ramp was a steep hill and me being eight at the time.... [tags: marshmallows and hershey bars]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Camping near Lake Michigan is one of the best experiences in my life. The lake has sparkling blue water and gorgeous sandy beaches. Every summer I go camping with my family. The campground is right on Lake Michigan. There are bikes, kayaks, volleyball nets, and huge fire pits. There is always an adventure around the corner. One day Lake Michigan felt decently warm. Not like the usual temperature when I can only stand to be in the water for 10 minutes, and then I start to freeze. I invited my parents to go down to the beach with me.... [tags: Kayak, Canoeing, Camping, Campsite]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- I know very little about my family because my parents never talk about it. I think that my parents find it hard to talk about something that they think that I will not understand. In all of my 18 years of living, I know that both of my grandparents passed away when my siblings and I were very young. My parents also never talk about their siblings because they don 't have a good relationship with them. All I know is that both of my parents are from Gambia, a tiny country in West Africa that is ruled by a dictator.... [tags: Family, High school, Middle school, College]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- Camping Technology Could something designed to make life easier end up ruining everything we have worked to preserve. Technology can sometimes be quite controversial. In my major, I have found that it can be almost more of a frustration than a blessing. In most industries, technological advancements are viewed as a positive step towards efficiency and economic growth. This is not always the case, however. In the camping industry, for example, the constant “improvements” are often a source of frustration to many die-hard campers.... [tags: Camps Camping Technological Papers]
1348 words (3.9 pages)