According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, most people are effected by stress in some way or another. Acute (sudden or short-term) stress leads to fast changes throughout the body and almost all of the body systems, including the heart and blood vessels, immune system, lungs, digestive system, sensory organs, and brain, prepare for danger. This responses could be very beneficial in a life-or-death situation but over time repeated stressful situations put a strain on the body. The repeat stressful situation is called chronic (long-term) stress...
... middle of paper ...
...e-to-face interactions. Overall, camping gets you away from the fast-paced world and provides time to relax, exercise and have loads fun at the same time.
Adler, Emily. “Social Media Engagement: The Surprising Facts About How Much Time People Spend On The Major Social Networks”. Buisness Insider. N.p., 15 Jan. 2014. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.
"American Time Use Survey." Bureau of Labor Statistics. N.p., 20 Jun 2013. Web. 17 Jan 2014.
"Overweight and Obesity." Center of Disease Control and Prevention. N.p., 16 Aug 2013. Web. 15 Jan 2014.
"Stress." University of Maryland Medical Center. N.p., 30 Jan 2013. Web. 17 Jan 2014.
W., Thomas. “Negative Effects of Technology on Society”. Obloolo. N.p., 19 May 2009. Web. 15 Jan 2014.
"Physical Activity Improves Quality of Life." American Heart Association. N.p., 22 March 2013. Web. 15 Jan 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For the last thirteen summers, my dad and I have made our annual expedition to Versailles, Indiana, for a week, so that we can go camping with my dad’s three brothers, cousins, and their children, which is about 20 Graver men in all, at the same camp site that holds so many memories of years past events, and soon to be events. When we camp there are three procedures that we follow: we eat when we are hungry, we sleep when we are tired, and we must be at the campground pool at 11:00 a.m., so we can be in our traditional location.... [tags: Personal Experience, Personal Narrative]
2574 words (7.4 pages)
- The Troubles with Camping Each year, thousands of people throughout the United States choose to spend their summer vacations camping. Depending on individual sense of adventure, there are various types of camping to choose from, including log cabin camping, recreational vehicle camping and tent camping. Of these, tent camping by far requires the most "roughing it," and with proper planning can be very gratifying. However, even the with the best planning, tent camping can be an extremely frustrating experience due to uncontrolled factors such as bad weather, wildlife encounters and equipment failure.... [tags: essays research papers]
636 words (1.8 pages)
- ... The highlight was literally the highest point in the trip. Inching our way up Pike’s Peak to an elevation of 14,115 miles (“About Pike’s Peak”) proved to be quite the adventure. I will never forget how a number of mundane occurrences created such a wonderful memory: my mother’s dislike of heights, my father’s horrible driving, the scenery, and the arrival to the top. As we made our way to the top, I peered over the side of the spiraling road and observed all of the summer colors in my view.... [tags: Sibling, Family, Mother, Summer]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Camping near Lake Michigan is one of the best experiences in my life. The lake has sparkling blue water and gorgeous sandy beaches. Every summer I go camping with my family. The campground is right on Lake Michigan. There are bikes, kayaks, volleyball nets, and huge fire pits. There is always an adventure around the corner. One day Lake Michigan felt decently warm. Not like the usual temperature when I can only stand to be in the water for 10 minutes, and then I start to freeze. I invited my parents to go down to the beach with me.... [tags: Kayak, Canoeing, Camping, Campsite]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Vietnam is one of those countries which beauty cannot be comprehended without ever visiting it. Not much about the country is well known except for its famous noodles the “Pho.” For example, only a few people know that the country broke off from the Chinese empire in 938AD. As a result some of the Vietnamese culture are of Chinese origins. The local culture revolves around the belief of humanity and harmony which makes them pleasant to be around. However, like other Southeast Asian countries Vietnam has a few issues considering safety in different aspects of the country, such as food and transportation.... [tags: Vacation Essays]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- ... They set up camp and tried to stay warm with blankets and a fire. The next morning, they woke up to a sheet of snow covering their tent. They tried to get out to experience the snow, but all they could see was white. Everywhere they looked, it was all white. It just kept snowing, snowing, snowing…. “How long do you think this will last?” Taylor desperately asked her husband. “Um, I am sure it won’t last that long.” Jack said, not even believing his own words. They huddled back inside the tent, trying to keep warm any way they could.... [tags: surprise, camping, hiking, snow]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Camping Technology Could something designed to make life easier end up ruining everything we have worked to preserve. Technology can sometimes be quite controversial. In my major, I have found that it can be almost more of a frustration than a blessing. In most industries, technological advancements are viewed as a positive step towards efficiency and economic growth. This is not always the case, however. In the camping industry, for example, the constant “improvements” are often a source of frustration to many die-hard campers.... [tags: Camps Camping Technological Papers]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Have you ever been on a vacation. To me a vacation is a time to be with friends or family. When I think of vacations, I think of packing, the flight or drive, and relaxation. Not only is it very exciting to go on a vacation, but you get closer to the people that go with you. Linda, my best friend's mom had asked me if I would want to go with their family to Florida. When she asked me I thought she was kidding, but when she said, "I need to know because if you are I need to get you a airplane ticket," I knew she was serious.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- This is the actual story of a trip I took with Smith Family into Canada. The total head count was 19, including myself. The trip took 8 days to complete. We left on Saturday, June 24 at 12:00am and got back on Sunday July 1, around 3:00pm. The great Canadian adventure started at 12 noon on Saturday to pack the bus and truck. The bus is an old school bus with a big rack on top to hold canoes, and screens over all the windows. Inside there are 8 bunks in the back for sleeping. The middle is where the food is kept.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
5559 words (15.9 pages)
- One of my favorite family traditions is summer vacation. Every summer without fail we go on vacation. For the past ten years we have been going to Disney World with our family friends the Battaglia's, so it has turned into a tradition up until last summer when we broke our florida adventure to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)