The prime minister of the Republic of Cameroon is Philémon Yang. The population is approximately 19.4 million. Its capital city is Yaoundé. Although French and English are the official languages, there are over 250 languages with a relatively equal amount of ethnic groups. Pidgin is widely spoken in the western...
... middle of paper ...
...ation for a more democratic government, there remains a lot of work to be done. Cameroonian civil society has remained for the most part in a state of chaos and confusion, expressing tendencies of ethnicism and regionalism witch has dramatically restricted the mobilization of the masses into a more democratic environment. Only when the population finds a way to transcend narrow, socio-political boundaries and identify with daily and legitimate struggles of ordinary citizens will change occur.
African Journal of International Affairs, Vol. 9, Nos. 1&2, 2006, pp. 91–106
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As I began to skim through many of the film choices for this paper, I wanted to choose a film not just to watch it for the sake of the project but a film that I can really relate to personally. So the film that I chose was Cameroon : The Secret of Peace documentary. The documentary starts with a quote that captivated my attention and drawn me closer to the film right away. A quote by Michael Kammo states “What divides us is insignificant, what unites us is deeper.” This quote really sets the tone of love and unity of the people of Cameroon in the rest of the film.... [tags: Religion, Christianity, Cameroon, Nonviolence]
1866 words (5.3 pages)
- Compared to different countries Cameroon is regarded to be enjoying comparatively high political and social stability (Burnham 1975). it's set at the central country on the gulf of real, boxed by Federal Republic of Nigeria, chad the Central African Republic, The republic of Congo, African nation and African country. This country was initial discovered by the Bantu speaking individuals followed the Muslim within the 18th- nineteenth centuries (Burnham 1975, Njeuma 1995, Ngwainmbi 1996, and Manning 1991-1992).... [tags: Cameroon Economic Development]
3191 words (9.1 pages)
- By the late nineteenth century, France terminated the slave trade in French Cameroon and abolished slavery in the French colony of Martinique. Although the French removed the physical chains on people of African descent living in French territories, the remnant of slavery and colonialism continues to manifest itself through the mental enslavement and exploitation of people of continental Africa and the African Diaspora. In Jean-Marie Téno’s unorthodox documentary about the history of Cameroon, Africa, I Will Fleece You, and Euzhan Palcy’s film set on the island of Martinique, Sugar Cane Alley, they shed light on the transferable nature of slavery and colonialism in postcolonial societies.... [tags: Slavery, Africa, Cameroon, Black people]
705 words (2 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Electrical Contacts for Starter and O.C.B. Carbon Brush, Brush Holder and Slip Ring Unit.// change sequencing, same as about us// Our range is acknowledged for optimum quality, efficiency and durability. We are counted as a prominent manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive range of Electrical Contacts for Starters, O.C.B. Contacts, Carbon Brushes, Brush Holders, Slip Ring Unit and Flexible Cable. Moreover, we are also a stockist of Relay, Timers, PVC Cables, Copper Wire and Aluminum Wire.... [tags: Business Profile]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- We are a renowned organization engaged in retailing and supplying of Audio & Visual Equipment, Sprung Back Scrappers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners. These are known for their durability, reliability and excellent performance. Owing to our experience of almost a decade in this field, we are engaged in offering our clients with a comprehensive range of LCD Projectors, Cordless Mike, Computers, Laptops and Audio Systems. Apart from these, we also provide Collar Mike, Sprung Back Scrapers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners.... [tags: Business Profile]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- The name of my country is the Republic of Cameroon. Cameroon, which is located in Central Africa, shares its border with the Central African Republic, Chad, the Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and Nigeria. Cameroon has an area of 183,568 square miles. Tennessee is 42,180 square miles which means Cameroon is roughly 4.35x the size of Tennessee or a little bigger than California which is 163,695 square miles. Cameroon has a diverse terrain with coastal plain in the southwest, dissected plateau in the center, mountains in the west, and plains in the north.... [tags: climate, population, history]
1868 words (5.3 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- India Places .com About Us India Places is the premium website on tourism that gives details about the important tourist’s places in India. It covers the whole lot of places across the country. Every part of the country is covered under this. The most sought after places in India that people wants to visit, all the details regarding the important tourist’s spots, locations to visit, the details of hotels and resorts to stay are provided on the site.... [tags: Business Profile ]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- National Security Affairs - Cameroon Can one country represent the culture, ethnic, and geographical composition of an entire continent. With about 250 different ethnic groups (Affairs, 2009) and climates that mirror prevalent climates found across the continent, Cameroon represents the continent of Africa. As military members and ambassadors of the United States, we must strive daily to build lasting partnerships with all countries in support of our National Security Strategy (NSS). In Cameroon, our understanding of the background, government, strategic importance, and future direction is essential if we are to succeed in this country.... [tags: African Politics]
1301 words (3.7 pages)