The project was about calculating the major and minor head losses. In the first experiment, it investigate the minor head loss through pipes of different diameter and roughness, also through elbows. The experiment was about obtaining two different pressures at point 1 and 2 so we can obtain the difference in pressure so we can calculate the friction that is also present in Darcie's equation of head loss. However, in the second experiment, the purpose was to calculate the major losses from both laminar and turbulent flow. The point was to find the friction factor that is also present in Darcie's equation. Moreover, these experiments determines several other factors like the Reynolds number which is also essential in Darcie’s equation. The friction factor was also determined using two other equations taking into consideration whether the flow is laminar or turbulent according to the calculated Reynolds number. In addition the results were summarized in a table and two graphs that show the delta H verses Re and f verses Re. The importance of this project is to obtain the results of the friction factors and to compare between the 2 consequences and see the difference and the error.
Thus in this report we will introduce the procedure of the 2 experiments and how it was done to obtain the outcome. After reading the two pressures, calculations must be done to reach our goal from calculating the velocity, the Reynolds number to reach the friction factors, assumptions may be taken to facilitate our calculation. Finally, after reaching our goals discussion and conclusion will be taken into consideration to clarify the results.
The test performed on the head loss investigation was accompl...
... middle of paper ...
...d the head loss. These values will be show in table 4.1 through 4.4 ( Appendix A).
The test performed on a laminar and turbulent flow, consist of connecting the power cable to the panel then open the valve and start the pump managing the gravity by selecting the adjusting the specific valve. After that, flow rate must be adjusted to recorded the head loss. this procedure must be repeated for many values taken. This experiment must be done through two valves V2 and V3. Like the previous experiment different pressure must be read so we can calculate the head loss ∆h and the Reynolds number Re= VD/υ ( where V is the flow velocity, D the pipe diameter and υ the kinematic viscosity (m2/s)). After obtaining the calculation, the flow must be specifies as turbulent or laminar so that the friction can be obtained. Results will be shown in table 5 ( Appendix A).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The one thing every single minor league baseball player has in common is their salary. Everyone is out there doing everything they can to make their dreams come a reality, but it is tougher when they compensated poorly. Minor league baseball players receive only 20 dollars a day for meal money. Why do grown men, professional baseball players get paid so little. Major League Baseball is a business like any other, but players in the minor leagues are technically not exempt employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act.... [tags: Major League Baseball, Minor league baseball]
1618 words (4.6 pages)
- Due to this practicum course, I have been working for the Detroit tigers since May 16 2016 until August 13 2016. The Detroit tigers employed me as an Intern Certified Athletic Trainer for the minor league system; specially to perform my duties for the Gulf Coast League during the respective season, and to assist the Minor League Medical Coordinator / Rehabilitation coordinator; Corey Tremble, on his daily duties. The sports medicine staff is in charge on the injury prevention, first response, injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation, and organization and administration duties.... [tags: Minor league baseball, Major League Baseball]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- I lost a day of my life. When I was in grade school, I fell at recess and lost my memory of that day. I could not remember what day it was, or even where I was. When my mom picked me up from school, I became really sick and was continually asking the same questions over and over again such as, what time is it and where am I. As many time as she told me I could not retain any of the information. I did not even remember going to the hospital to get a CT scan done of my head. The simple fact was that I had a concussion.... [tags: head injuries, concussion, ct scan]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
- ... Cerner is located in Kansas City, Missouri. Healthcare information technology has over twenty-seven thousand employees. He works as a systems engineer and does enterprise management for all Mac devices. He also does security consulting for device policies. He has been working at Cerner for about two and a half years now and plans on staying there for a while. Cerner has been very gracious because they pay for all of his training and certification. They paid for all six of his certification courses and they covered for his travel, hotel, food, and everything.... [tags: Employment, Intern, Learning, Volkswagen]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- The article Microstructural Brain Injury in Post-Concussion Syndrome After Minor Head Injury, by ****, studied post concussive symptoms relationship with innovative MRI imaging. Mean diffusivity, fractional anisotropy, and the presence of microhaemorrhages were used to indicate micro-structural brain injury in subjects with minor head injuries. Although they experienced symptoms participants’ CT (computed tomography) and normal MR images did not display any irregularities. Participants contained 21 MHI patients and 12 controls that were healthy who were matched to the ages (between the ages 18 to 50), genders, and educational levels of the MHI participants.... [tags: MRI, symptoms, CT]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Differentiating Symptoms between Variola minor and major Smallpox is a very virulent disease that has many accompanying symptoms. The two major forms of smallpox, Variola major and Variola minor have many concurring symptoms that follow an identical course. However, major has some distinguishing symptoms that minor does not. These include hemorrhaging and internal and external bleeding. These extreme symptoms are the reason why major, the more common of the two forms, has a 30% fatality rate whereas minor only has a 1% fatality rate.... [tags: Biology Medical Biomedical Smallpox]
1664 words (4.8 pages)
- The Head Start Program contributes to the successful learning of children in a major way. Head Start promotes healthy prenatal out comes, enhances the development of infants and toddlers, and promotes healthy family functioning. The children are giving a better chance to succeed in school and life. Therefore, the rate of human learning and development is in the early years. Head Start is a Federal funded, comprehensive child development program that has an overall goal to prepare children from low-income families for school (Administration for Children and Families).... [tags: Early Learning, education, Head Start]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- In Iris Murdoch's A Severed Head, the novel's protagonist Martin Lynch-Gibbon sustains a series of revelations which force him to become more aware of the realities of his life. This essay will examine how Murdoch infuses the novel with elements of Freudian psychology to develop Martin's movement from the unconscious to reality. Shifting Relationships With the novel's opening and rapid progression from one event to the next, the reader quickly comes to realize that its narrator, Martin Lynch-Gibbon, is not completely aware of the realities regarding himself or the people around him.... [tags: A Severed Head]
2046 words (5.8 pages)
- The Annual Cycle of Eudyptula Minor, Its Phases and Major Effects Abstract The Eudyptula minor, the smallest member of the penguin family, is an indigenous species of Australia, located on the southeastern coast. Little penguins follow an annual energetics cycle. The Little penguins go through periods of fasting which occur while incubating and molting. During the rest of the year, E. minor forage for numerous fish types. Foraging behavior relies on the aerobic diving limit as well as the amount of sunlight present.... [tags: Penugins Animals Wildlife Essays Expository]
3213 words (9.2 pages)
- "Head Hunters" was a great event, though it's easy to see why this "movie" failed to generate much excitement in its original run. A great photographer Curtis certainly was; a great cinematographer, not so much, even by the standards of that long-gone era. The screenplay, such as it was, is wooden, contrived, and makes insufficient and clumsy use of the rich ethnographic and mythic material available (and of which Curtis was well aware--in fact, the information recrded by him is itself of ethnographic and historical value).... [tags: Native American Head Hunters Film]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Roald Dahl's Use of Tone for Character Development: An Outline
- Methods for Numerology Readings
- SHARP: A Joint Spectrum Allocation, Handover and Routing Protocol for Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks
- Personal Development Plan
- Leading Improvement in Literacy Instruction
- The Cycle and Treatments of Depression