There are so many reasons to need a cake; from birthdays to weddings and everything in-between. When a cake is needed; the first question I ask myself is, do I make it or go to the store? Sometimes we order a cake when we need one; pre-made and decorated. Other times we make them and their decorations. Depending on the circumstances in which the cake is needed one of the choices may work more effectively. How does someone know to buy or make a cake? There is a lot to consider when choosing to make a cake with love or buy one from the store.
One thing we should think about when we need a cake; is the amount of time we have to get it where it needs to be. When someone buys a cake they have two choices when it comes to time. They can pick a pre-made cake or place an order for one. Time does not affect us when we pick a pre-made cake. However, when ordering a cake place the order as soon as possible. It still takes the baker time to cook and decorate it (especially if it is large or detailed). When making your own decorations a lot more time is needed. Even more time if someone is new to decorating. The last cake I made for my son took 22 hours to decorate and cost 20 dollars to make (would have cost close to 100 at a store). From forming Mario and Yoshi out of rice crispy treats; to painting the figures with frosting, which was no easy task. Frosting tends to dry quickly so water must be added frequently to avoid this. When there is a date a cake is due by; keep the amount of time needed in mind, before tackling large decorating tasks.
Another thing to keep in mind when deciding to make or buy a cake is the price. When buying cake from a bakery or store they tend to be on the more expensive side. One must remember the person dec...
... middle of paper ...
... the flavor and decorations are things they like. If not why buy it for them. I believe making anything means more than simply buying it. If making the cake is the choice it will usually be appreciated way more. This is because someone cared enough to go through the trouble to work so hard on something special. We tend to like things that come from the heart more than the wallet. Even if the cake was falling apart or ugly as can be they will love it.
So next time a cake is needed remember these tips when deciding to make and decorate or order and buy cakes. If something more personal with more feeling is needed try making a cake. Also remember to have enough time to finish decorating before the cake is needed. If time is against us buying would work best. When making choices always look at the pros and cons of each decision before making the final choice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Do you also want to decorate your cakes to make them delectable but are restricted by your limited creativity or skills. Cheer up. We now bring these super simple and easy cake decorating ideas to chase away your woes. Important tricks and tips before you start decorating - One of the most important cake decorating tips is to trim off the top of a cake with a serrated knife to make it level. Next is to cut the cake into layers horizontally. Spread a layer of jam, whipped cream or icing between the layers.... [tags: Process Essays]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgiving and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake. Making a decision chocolate cracks cake would be a great treat that you will enjoy.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Do Homemade Cleaners Disinfect as Well as Store Bought Cleaners. Introduction: I have always been curious if do it yourself, homemade cleaners actually reduced bacteria as well as store bought, name brand cleaners. I know that cleaning your house with household products saved you money but never knew if they worked as well. I have made some cleaners in the past using basic ingredients and noticed that Items may appear to be clean on the surface when I am done. I was most concerned whether or not germs were being killed during the process.... [tags: Hygiene, Antiseptic, Cleaning products, Vinegar]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- How To Make A Chocolate Cracks Cake A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgivings and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- The cake we know today is not the same as it was in the 17th Century. As the year’s progressed bakers and chefs alike began changing the way a cake was made. The recipe of a simple vanilla cake became in essence the building block for the other types of cakes. The basic cake recipe is like the trunk and roots of a tree while the other flavors and types of cake are the branches and the leaves. Changes have not only been made to the recipe of a cake but we have changed the use of it. Nowadays cakes are used to celebrate a birthday, a wedding, and sometimes used just as a treat for people to indulge.... [tags: Confections]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- The Economics on How To Cake It How To Cake It is a YouTube channel that shows the steps taken to create cakes that do not look like cakes (they often times are made to look like other foods). This show relates to the ideas of economics in many ways. The first few ways are focused on how people make decisions. In the show How To Cake It every week they create a different themed cake. They make this choice each week based on suggestions in the comments of the previous videos. Their team must then choose from the top two suggestions and choose the theme they’d like to do for that week.... [tags: Baking, Economics, Cake]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Is it a special occasion or some ones birthday. Why don’t you make them something special. Take some time out of your day to make some homemade cupcakes. Making cupcakes yourself is cheaper than buying store bought cupcakes and you have the ability to make them anyway you want. The first thing that you will need to do is leave yourself about an hour and a half to spend in the kitchen. Once you have decided to make cupcakes, you need to gather your materials. You will need one box of cake mix that you have bought from the grocery store.... [tags: Process Essay, How-To Essay]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- In recent times, there have been far too many recalls regarding store bought dog food. People do not realize what they are actually feeding their beloved pet. Unhealthy store bought dog food, and the negative effects they bring about, can result in owners switching over to homemade dog food. Most people want what is the best for their cuddly best friend. There are many reasons why homemade dog food is a better choice than store bought, such as homemade dog food being healthier, it has a multitude of differing tastes, one has the ability to monitor exactly what their pet consumes, and it's also financially cheaper, which most anyone can get behind.... [tags: pets, nutrition, ingredients]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- Asian wedding cake: Weddings are an integral part of all cultures. The customs and traditions of the different culture vary from each other. Similarly Western weddings are quite different from the Asian weddings. A wedding cake is a very significant tradition of the Western weddings. Although not so significant, but the tradition of wedding cakes at Asian wedding is increasingly becoming popular. As such the Asian wedding cakes are baked in exquisite designs and delicious taste. Meaning: The phrase ‘Asian wedding cakes’ is a comprehensive term meaning cakes of different countries or cultures in Asia, like Japanese wedding cakes, Chinese wedding cakes, Indian wedding cakes, Korean wedding c... [tags: Culture]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- It's the Cake The title above comes from a comment made by author Jerry Hirschberg. "Creative activity [isn't] the icing on the cake. Human creativity is the cake." Getting a bite of this cake is what proves to be frustrating for some people. Simply put, there isn't one sure-fire method to achieve creative success. However, there are certainly underlying attitudes and patterns that one can perceive in creative people, (and in this most humble of papers), I will attempt to show to you through texts such as Hirschberg's The Creative Priority and my own forays with Madame Creatividad that experiencing creativity is simply a matter of opening yourself up to the world around you.... [tags: Creative Creativity Essays]
1518 words (4.3 pages)