The C-130J Super Hercules has been outfitted with more computers and computer software than all other C-130 predecessors. The most prevalent advancement to this aircraft is the pilot’s heads up display. The duel heads up display systems provides the pilot’s aircraft flight path, acceleration, enhanced situational awareness, improved energy management, approach stability, and touchdown precision (Rockwell, n.d.). Furthermore, this aircraft operates two mission computers, back up mission computer, advanced auto pilot systems, digital communications system, multifunctional computer displays, advanced radar systems, and upgraded air traffic control systems. One can easily see how computers and design software has impacted the C-130J from design concept to operational with a computer dependency.
The duel heads up display system built by Rockwell provides present flight information in the pilot’s forward field of view, eliminating the need to continually transition from head-down instruments to head-u...
... middle of paper ...
...n is flying, and even though I’m not a pilot, performing my Loadmasters duties in the skies above is enjoyable nonetheless. Being a Loadmaster allows me to escape my offices duties and trade my desk for the blue skies a couple times a week. This passion drives me to stay up to date on the latest technologies impacting aviation. I started out flying the C-130E Hercules in 1997 up until the Congressional Mandate required all C-130E Hercules be sent to the long term storage in 2012. Then I transitioned to the C-130H Hercules for three years, before beginning my career as a C-130J Super Hercules Loadmaster. After being a C-130J Loadmaster for over a year I can clearly see how much computer software is major contributor to the operation of this aircraft. I for enthusiasm I have for this aircraft I wanted to brag about my aircraft that I get the pleasure out of flying on.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hercules, or known in Latin as Heracles, was the greatest of the Greek heroes, a paragon of masculinity. In art, Hercules was portrayed as a powerful, muscular man wearing lion's skin and armed with a huge club. He was also described as being a macho man buffoon, who was very impulsive. Hercules’ home and birthing place is in Thebes, Greece. Thebes is a city in central Greece. It plays as an important setting in many Greek myths, such as the stories of Cadmus, Oedipus, Dionysus and many other important roles in Greek Mythology.... [tags: hercules, heracles, greek heroes, thebas]
1046 words (3 pages)
- “The Labours of Hercules” introduces the most famous Greek hero in mythology, Hercules. He completes twelve immense tasks at an early age for killing his family while under a curse from Hera. The story of his labours contains many reasons why Hercules is classified as a classical hero. Hercules exhibits many of the traits of a classical hero, including numerous guides, hazardous journeys and several hardships and afflictions. Hercules demonstrates one trait of a classical hero by asking for or accepting assistance from other characters throughout the story.... [tags: The Labours of Hercules]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- The ninth labor of Hercules seemed like an easy one at first, simply get the queen of the amazon’s girdle, the queen even agreed to give it to him. The labor took a dark turn when Hera intervened once more. She tricked the Amazons into thinking Hercules was out to steal away their queen. A battle ensued in which the strongest man alive killed the queen and took her girdle. What seemed like an easy job was made difficult by the goddess of marriage. The next labor involved a lot of traveling for the hero.... [tags: Greek mythology, Heracles, Labours of Hercules]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- There were many important people, aircraft, and developments, which greatly contributed to aviation development, which ultimately impacted the World. Out of many aviation developments, I will write about an aircraft I take pleasure in seeing and hearing, the C-130 Hercules. I consider this aircraft has made a significant impact in the aviation industry, most in the dependability of the airframe and its illustrious design. Today, this aircraft is used for many organizations such as Military Ops, firefighting, and search and rescue.... [tags: Military Technology ]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- In the essay (It is Immoral watching the Super Bowl) the author 's argument was very effective. Steve stated his point of views very clearly to the viewers to understand and the reasons football is immoral to watch. Almond 's reasons for writing this article is to persuade people on the immorality of football and the negative effect it has on a player, while playing or after they had played it. In this article, Almond also provided some basic facts and details about what football does to the human body.... [tags: American football, Super Bowl]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Research Objectives The body of the literature on management and leadership primarily concentrate on the vibrant nature of the common organization. This paper augments the abundantly available literature on leadership studies for organizations. The minor intentions of this paper is to generate an forward motion that will induce other academics and scholars to focus on the topic of leadership at a much wider level having more comprehensive objectives in mind. The main focus would be to explore the link between super leadership behavior and creative potential through idea generation for an innovative and creative culture within organization.... [tags: Business, Super Leadership Approach]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- This essay is about the birth of the Super Bowl and how it changed football and America forever. The Super bowl changed Football in a positive, permanent way. With the birth of the Super Bowl, I believe the sport started to become more and more popular because the winner of the Super Bowl would be the true champion instead of there being two champions (one in each of the two leagues). There was also much more money to be made with the birth of the Super Bowl because it would end up make the game more popular beyond belief which was another goal.... [tags: National Football League, Super Bowl]
1782 words (5.1 pages)
- Hercules the great hero and the son of the great god Zeus, was the most famous of all the Greek mythological heroes. Hercules was known for his strength, bravery, and adventuresome personality. Hercules like most heroes had a god as their father, and he had a mortal mother named Alcmene. Hercules like most heroes was not an ordinary mortal and a good example was his superhuman strength. Hercules was the strongest of all the heroes and of course a possessor of superhuman strength. Hercules was an excellence marksman, and also a champion wrestler who once wrestled the great god Zeus to a draw.... [tags: essays research papers]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- Hercules, in Greek mythology, was a hero known for his strength and courage and for his legendary adventures. Hercules is the Roman name for the Greek hero Heracles. Hercules's mother was Alcmena or Alcmene, the wife of King Amphitryon of Troezen. His father was none other than Zeus, the king of the gods, who disguised himself as Amphitryon and visited Alcmena on a night that lasted as long as three ordinary nights. Hera, Zeus' jealous wife, was determined to kill Hercules, and after Hercules was born, she sent two giant great serpents to kill him.... [tags: Greek Mythology]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- What Is A Myth. A myth is a purely fictional story that has been passed on for generations, usually involving supernatural persons, actions or events. Hercules (also called Herakles), is one of the strongest and most celebrated mythical heroes. These myths were made up thousands of years ago and have acquired more details as they have been passed down. The story of Hercules is one of a man who was so strong and courageous, whose deeds were so mighty, and who so endured all the hardships that were given to him, that when he died, Hercules was brought up to Mount Olympus to live with the gods.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
3153 words (9 pages)