When it was time to purchase a new vehicle all I knew was that I wanted an SUV. From there I started to pay attention to commercials. As I saw the commercials for SUV’s that I liked, I would do further research on those vehicles from their website. I was able to narrow my choice down to two. Now that I narrowed my choices down to two I was able to compare their standard options, there warranty, and their miles per gallon. After comparing their standard options and then looking at consumer reviews on both SUV’s. The two SUV’s seemed to have similar reviews. Then I needed to consider what features that I wanted to add to the vehicle. For example, a sunroof, heated steering wheel, heated seats, or the different comfort packages. My budget also played a huge factor in purchasing a vehicle. I had to get my current vehicle valued so that I knew how much to take off the asking price of the new vehicle to make sure that the payments would fit within my budget. There was about a $5000 difference between the two SUV’s, but one SUV had a maintenance free package for five years or 50,000 miles where the other SUV did not. After doing all this research my partner and I decided to test drive both vehicles to see which one drove better. At the end of the day, I went with the vehicle that had the maintenance free care becaus...
... middle of paper ...
...r refrigerator, microwave, ovens, or dishwasher.
Even buying food has an impact on the environment. I like to buy all the name brand foods for example like Doritos. I never realized the impact that industrial food production actually has on the environment. Industrial food production depends on fossil fuel which when refined it creates greenhouse gases that are a significant contributor to climate changes. Even farmers have a chance of being hit by a natural disaster that could wipe out their crops, in return causing prices to go up on the food that was affected by that natural disaster.
In conclusion, I am really glad that I had to write this essay. I have never really thought about the impact of my purchases in how it will affect the environment and many generations. When I think about purchasing anything, my first thought has always been can I afford that or not.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. Attention Getter: The weather is getting chilly and you start switching up your summer clothing to winter clothing. During the process, you realize some pieces of clothing are small, getting old, out of trend, or you simply don’t like it anymore. You pick out the ones that you plan to no longer wear and toss them right into the trash. When it comes to old clothing, most people throw away the clothing without realizing how one piece of clothing can greatly benefit someone in need. K.I.D.S, Kids in Distressed Situations, is an organization that delivers clothing, accessories, shoes, home furnishing, toys, books, school supplies, and other items that can help you make better use of your unwa... [tags: Clothing, Textile, Felt, Donation]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- Every year, Americans spend a large amount of money on clothing. Thousands of people fret over what they are going to wear, and many ads air on television with models fashioning the latest design. Even though some people believe that wearing brand-name clothing increases self-confidence, expensive clothing is not worth buying because brand-name clothing can be extremely costly and the process of putting together a costly wardrobe is very time-consuming. Purchasing brand-name clothing can be extremely costly.... [tags: self-esteem, better investments]
533 words (1.5 pages)
- Clothing is directly in contact with the human body and seen as a fundamental element of the self, an "extension of the body" (charlotte Suthwell, 2004). Clothing influences the appearance of the body, with shape and form, which has an impact on the structure of 'social identity '. This could be a number of social identities that create the 'self ' such as occupation, nationality, class, and gender. Clothing and how one is dressed is the initial impression on a person, and garments can affect how we are perceived.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Trousers, Clothing]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- Starting and marketing a new clothing line takes a lot of time and effort but if you 're passionate about fashion and have a hunger for success it may be worth it. So, you 've decided to start your own clothing line but you 're confused on what steps to take in order to make it happen. No worries because I have done the research for you and have created an easy 7 step guide on how to start your own clothing line on a tight budget. So lets get started. When starting a new clothing line, the name of your line is absolutely everything.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Want, Need]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- Different brands of cars available in the market today, have a variety of features to make them both safe and enjoyable. So, how do you see the wood from the trees and pick out your dream car. We all dream of having one of the hottest new brands of cars, but not everyone has the income for this. Car loan offers seem tempting and naturally, you will also be confused about which car is the best buy. It can be even more confusing browsing the internet with a multitude of options available to you. The first dilemma, of course, is whether to buy a brand new car, or to settle for a used car.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle, Internal combustion engine]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- So, are you interested in buying a new car, or at least a new used car. Well don’t let the problems of car buying deter you. Although buying a car can be an intricate and tedious process, there are certain guidelines even professional car buyers follow. With a few points of information on how to find the right car, the tedious car-buying process can be made easy. Car-buying really starts with what you want from your car. This is the most important step of all because buying something you really don’t want could be the biggest disappointment of all.... [tags: Automobile, Debut albums, 2008 albums, Need]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- If you are thinking about buying a new home, but have gone through a bankruptcy, you might be wondering "How long after bankruptcy can I buy a house?" And that 's a great question, but one that doesn 't have a simple answer. Therefore, we are going to go over the bankruptcy issue including what you should and shouldn 't do and when, if you want to buy a house. Going through a bankruptcy is devastating in so many ways. You can 't borrow money, open or use a credit card (unless it 's secured) and it will also significantly lower your credit score.... [tags: Credit score, Credit history, Credit card]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
Factors Influencing the Buying Behavior of Financial Management Students According to their Weekly Allowance
- This study discusses the “Factors that influence the buying behavior of financial management students according to their weekly allowance. This paper started by defining the financial management and the meaning of buying behavior. It also tells the buying behavior of Asian and Filipino people and discusses the factors that will influence the buying behavior. The survey is all about the possible factors that can affect the buying behavior. At the next part of the study was the result of the conducted survey.... [tags: finance, asia, de la salle lipa, buying behavior]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Principles of Buying In the long-term, the success of any organization depends on its ability to create and maintain a customer. Do you agree. What does this have to do with purchasing and supply management. Yes, I agree that the success of any organization depends on its ability to create and maintain a customer. No matter where the supply function is located on the organizational chart; each member of the supply organization has the opportunity to improve relations with internal customers and suppliers.... [tags: Buying Business Market Strategy]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- In the modern world we live in, international business plays a key role in the functionality of countries resources and economy. The ease at which people can purchase goods from another country and the outsourcing of brands has now meant international barriers has been squashed and large corporations are more accessible than ever. In recent times, the huge and unbridled up rise of Multinational Corporation is the Famous Japanese clothing brand UNIQLO. UNIQLO's full name is UNIQUE CLOTHING WAREHOUSE, it is defined by the inner meaning of unnecessary decoration decorative abandoned warehouse type store, supermarket shopping using the self-service model, in order to provide a reasonable and cre... [tags: basic design, unisex clothing]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- The Proliferation Of Asylums Through France And Britain
- The Open Boat, By Stephen Crane And Henry David Thoreau
- Think Rise Of The Warrior Cop : The Militarization Of America 's Police
- Unethical Behavior By American Businesses
- Social Stratification And The Caste System
- The Different Approaches Of The Three Islamic Thinkers