The speed of the processor determines how fast a computer is. A desktop of around 2.5GHz is suitable for almost any student.
The next feature is memory. One type of memory, known as RAM, is used to run programs. Your programs will run more smoothly with 512MB RAM than with 256MB RAM. The second type of memory is for saving information in the hard drive. A computer of 80GB storage memory is enough for most desktop users.
The third feature is monitor size and type. Desktop monitors are between 15 – 21 inches in size. Large monitors are comfortable to use, but are heavy and they take up a lot of space. A monitor of about 17 inches is the best choice. You can also choose between flat (LCD) monitors and bulky (CRT) monitors. LCD monitors are lighter, take up less space and a...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Buying a computer today is much more complicated then it was ten years ago. The choices we have are abundant, and the information we must gather to make those choices is much greater. The average consumer is a more educated buyer; they at least have some ideas of what they want in a computer. Yet, we must still ask ourselves these significant questions; such as: What will the primary function of my computer be. What computer components should I consider at the time of purchase. How much money do I have to spend.... [tags: Technology Market Analysis Informative]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- Computer Faceoff In this fast changing technological world, computers might be seen as one of the most popular kinds of electronic devices in today’s planet. Whether a child or an adult, male or female, everyone wants to learn how to operate a computer. People use computers for different purposes such as typing papers, creating websites, making presentations, browsing on the internet, and playing games. There are two types of computers such as laptops and desktops, which can be examined through size, weight, connectivity, and power.... [tags: Computer]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Buying and Using a Computer Lots of students and their parents are thinking about buying a computer but not many of them understand the differences between different ones, and what to look for in a good computer. I am going to create a presentation that can be shown on our school open evening, giving basic information about what makes up a computer and what to look for in a computer. I will need to do some research. I need to find information about computers for sale – how much they cost and what they contain.... [tags: Papers]
2249 words (6.4 pages)
- Computer revolution has brought many changes in the world, changes which encloses all manners and its role. Computers have been logged into every sector whether it is sports, airlines, road cameras, cars, businesses etc. Technology plays an important part in altering our lifestyle. Advantages of Human Computer Interaction • Changing Computers: - Internet, PC and web browser were three big inventions of HCI without these three our today would not have been possible. Computers affect our daily routine activity from buying food to paying our bills.... [tags: computer revolution, lifestyle, internet]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- Needs This computer would be used for mainly writing papers, surfing the Internet, a little desktop publishing, and playing some 3d sports games. Software The software I would buy would have to include a word processor, and desktop publishing program. The standard programs for this are Microsoft’s. They are Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Publisher. Using a student discount, I can get them both for under $200. (See http://www.edu.com/software/ ) I also need to decide which operating system I want.... [tags: essays research papers]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Many people come up to us and ask, “Why do you use PiPhones?” And there is a simple answer to that, which is trust and satisfaction .Although buying PiPhone products may be a little hard on your pockets, it is definitely is your money’s worth, because you will be extremely satisfied with your purchase. Pineapple’s approach has always been to gain the consumers trust by creating flawless products from the their perspective, rather than from a companies or an engineer’s. PiPhone's previous version has sold 370 million worldwide and that number is the same with United States' population.... [tags: technology, mobile device, pinapple]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Purchasing a Notebook Computer Thinking of purchasing a new computer. If portability is a factor, then a notebook may be the way to go, versus buying a desktop computer. There are many things to consider when choosing that perfect notebook or laptop computer. It can be especially confusing if one isn’t technologically savvy, or has been out of the loop for a while. What are some of the important things to consider when purchase a laptop or notebook. We will take a look at size considerations, cost, choosing useful features, and a few other things that will help make purchasing a notebook easier.... [tags: weight, screen, accessories]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- ... This design is special for the employees who always sitting in front of the computer. This design can prevent muscle pain which can lead to long-term disability. It is really comfortable. In addition, keyboard also can be found in laptop. It is different from the desktop computer. The standard size of laptop does not contain numeric keypad. Keyboard is one of the important devices of the computer. What is pointing device. Pointing device is one of the input devices. It is also important for the computer.... [tags: components, keyboard, mouse, printers]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Computers are changing the world as we know it, and they offer an exciting new way of working. The news represented a complete turnaround for the corporate giant. Microsoft Chairperson, Bill Gates publicly announced his company's new connection to the Internet. The announcement rang through the nation. Gates has consistently ignored the Internet in favor of desktop computing. So, with Microsoft's approval, computers kicked into even higher gear . The pace of innovation continues to astonish even those involved from the start.... [tags: Computers]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- Computer Systems Push a single button and you are connected to the world. It has revolutionized our economy, culture, and lifestyle. It connects you to the world through the internet, where you can check e-mail or read the news. It also allows you to process and store important data and information. When you think of computers you think of a variety of things, such as games, the internet, and e-mail. The computer in our generation serves as a tool to educate and entertain. The technology for computers is growing rapidly, as many companies compete to advance hardware and software.... [tags: essays research papers]
1048 words (3 pages)