The planning for the FIFA 2014 tournament was done by company owner David Miller. He is essentially a one man show when it comes to taking care of all related tasks which are a part of executing his companies various video game tournaments and events. The goals that David set for having a successful FIFA tournament began with the actual event running smoothly and timely. This management of function and time are essential in providing a positive experience for gamers to feel satisfied with the overall quality of the tournament. The next goal is to create brand awareness by promoting other various video game tournaments and events that WeGotGame run. During the tournament, business cards and flyers are handed out which add to word of mouth advertising and provide a reference for interested potential consumers to have on hand. The budget for the event was next to nothing considering that WeGotGame possess their own consoles, screens and lastly a facility which serves as an event space. To prepare for a tournament it typically takes between 2- 3 months to plan which includes promoting the event through Facebook to WeGotGames 160 members. From there, entry fee is collected in advance (on average $25 person), though some ``walk in`s`` are accepted the day of and are subject to paying a slightly higher entry fee. The gaming consoles WeGotGame , use include the XBOX 1, PS4 and XBOX 360 and are chosen based on demand and what games are available for each console. The target demographic is 18-24 year old males. This demographic has been chosen based on the majority of gamers who play FIFA 14. The expected number of participants for the tournament was 32 which is a minimum figure; however that number can go up to 46 depending on h...
... middle of paper ...
...ntrol setup which would allow his employee’s to exert more self-control giving the confidence and awareness to do these tournaments themselves which will thus free up David to do other things to improve the overall aspect of business like set up more tournaments, hiring more people which would increase the profitability of his company.
In conclusion, this FIFA tournament provided a chance for us to witness how our project manager David Miller of WeGotGame applied planning, organizing, leading and controlling techniques to successfully accomplish the desired goals for himself and the company, we feel that it was a great opportunity to delve into and see how his organization functioned and the tournaments he hosted, as well as seeing the interesting business aspects that are required to have a successfully profitable company dealing with video game competition.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Many Americans have benefitted from these housing developments, however they are required to maintain a certain income to remain a resident. Another program the government can implement (with the aid of sponsors) is the American Red Cross WIC (Women, Infant, and Children) Program. This is a state funded program that can be easily be copied to aid lower income citizens. Provide classes and meal assistance to families to teach healthy eating and a healthy life. This can reduce the health cost of the country and maybe even pave a way for a new healthcare system.... [tags: games sponsorship, brazilian government]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- ... In 2010, the bidding process to award the 1018 and 2022 World Cups brought out even more, and critics pointed out that the decision to award two World Cups at once was flawed from the start, since it would invite vote trading and other inducements which are what exactly happened in this situation (2015, Oct 8). “In 2011, Bin Hammam, a supporter of Blatter’s in his first presidential campaigns, had challenged him for the presidency and the meeting in May 2010 at the Hyatt Regency in Port-Of-Spain, Trinidad, and was ostensibly an opportunity for Bin Hammam to seek support from potential.... [tags: FIFA, FIFA World Cup, UEFA]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- The FIFA’s executives and Officials days of freedom are numbered. Since May 2015 evidence has been released that can incriminate the sixteen members involved in the FIFA scandal. New evidence is released weekly about the FIFA corruption scandal and there comes a point where the arrest need to start to help the organization get passed the scandal. The questions at the start of the investigation were is FIFA actually corrupted. Did FIFA accept bribes during the World Cup voting process. Now the questions have shifted towards when will Sepp Blatter resign or get convicted.... [tags: FIFA, FIFA World Cup, Association football]
1051 words (3 pages)
- ... This kind of mugging, robbing, kidnapping, and gang violence is a common occurrence in many cities in Brazil, the kind of incidents that would usually be controlled by a local police force. Unfortunately many law enforcement divisions are also corrupt. The community has little or no respect for many parts of the police department. Due to a lack of funding for law enforcement the Brazilian government has passed the responsibility of dealing with illegal drug use to the public health department.... [tags: poverty, education, crime]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- The events industry in the UK is one of the most flourishing and lucrative industries in the country. In 2014, the UK events economy had an estimated worth of £39.1bn and employed the equivalent of 430,000 full time jobs. Beyond the statistics, it is important to establish creative and effective management strategies across the event production, planning and operational board, without these, the aforementioned statistics would not be possible to achieve. The essay will identify the absolute necessity of strategic planning and management, health and safety, risk, and financial management, through to the planning and operational processes crucial to the survival of the industry.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning]
1041 words (3 pages)
- In any retail operation or company, planning is a very important factor for the success of any endeavor in that it involves the actual anticipation and organization of what needs to be done and how it should be done to reach an objective.(Retailing, pg.40) Strategic planning involves a company or firm to adapt its resources to the actual opportunities and possible threats of the ever-changing retail environment, and, if used properly, a good strategic plan can help retailers achieve and maintain a beneficial balance of its resources and possible opportunities to come.... [tags: Business, Planning]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- Nowadays business leaders need to understand environment which is going to be more complex. Organisations are open system so that organisations need to adapt environment which they operate in. Matridakis, Hogarth and Gaba (2010) argued that traditional tools did not fit well to new complex environment. Although complex environment and level of uncertainty cannot be explained by forecasting, most of the traditional method including strategic planning and organizational development method are tried to use past trends and forecast future.... [tags: Business, Strategic Organizational Planning]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Business Plan Executive Summary Extravaganza is a full service company that provides complete party planning services for weddings, bridal shower, baby showers, Sweet 16 and anniversaries. Our staff is experienced and dedicated professionals with many years of party planning experience. Extravaganza listens to the customers’ needs and works with them to create the event of their dreams. We want every detail of their event to be both a pleasurable and a memorable experience. Therefore we offer a host of packages and services specifically tailored to the needs of each person.... [tags: Business Plans]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Planning for Success Planning is a key factor in the success of any business, and conversely, the failure to plan adequately is one of the fastest routes to business failure. There are many considerations that an entrepreneur must decide such as: type of business, legal structure, permits and licenses, market planning, business plan, location, organization management planning, business telephone line, mission statement, and a business checking account. There are many sources of information to help to start a business in an organized way, such as a business plan from the office of Economic Development & Planning located in the County Office Building, or books in that can be found in any... [tags: Business Planning Plans]
2617 words (7.5 pages)
- Strategic Planning 1. Appraise the formal planning efforts at the Copley Company for the period 1981 to 1984. INTRODUCTION Copley Manufacturing Company was primarily a manufacturer of a wide line of cutting tools and related parts and supplies. Late in 1980, Mr. Sagan, director of corporate development and Mr. Albert, executive vice president agreed that regular formal planning should become part of management’s way of life at Copley. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY In 1981, Copley Manufacturing Company had begun formal corporatewide planning.... [tags: Business Planning Essays]
2431 words (6.9 pages)