Preparing Effective Oral Presentations
Preparation is critical when giving an effective presentation. You should be an expert on your topic and make sure that it caters to your audience in a way for them to understand what you are trying to convey. To help with this, you should make an outline of the information to be covered. A general outline includes an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. In the introduction, you should let them know what to expect and what the presentation will be about. In the body, you must present the main points, and you could possibly use visual aids at this time, as they may strengthen a presentation. And in the conclusion, there should be a summary of what was covered, and you should thank your audience and answer any questions that they may have. By following a general outline, you can give a presentation that flows smoothly without interruptions or errors.
Be sure to keep your presentation simple and indicate your key points. It is also a good idea to use body language, as well as interacting with your audience to make sure that the information being presented in understood. Also, you should speak loud enough (as well as clearly) so that everyone ...
... middle of paper ...
Torok, G. (n.d.). 10 tips to establish rapport with your audience. Retrieved from http://www.oursharedresources.com/Resource/ViewResource/243
Witt, C. (n.d.). Build rapport with your audience. Retrieved from http://www.wittcom.com/build_rapport_with_your_audience.htm
Presenting effective presentations with visual aids. (1996, May). Retrieved from https://www.osha.gov/doc/outreachtraining/htmlfiles/traintec.html
Creating effective presentation visuals. (2013). Retrieved from http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/creating-presentation-visuals.htm
Planning multimedia presentations. (2012). Retrieved from http://osisdesign.co.uk/multimedia-services/multimedia-presentation/planning-multimedia-presentations/
Guffey, M. E., & Loewy, D. (2013). Essentials of business communications. (9th ed.). Cengage Learning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Chp 12 1. Highlight the importance of presentations in your business career, and explain how to adapt the planning step of the three-step process to presentation. Presentations give the opportunity to use all your communication skills, from research to writing to speaking. • Understand the audience informational needs and anticipate the likely emotional state of your listeners during the presentation. • Although presentation consists only of purely oral medium, presentations are increasingly involving integration with a variety of electro media.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Microsoft Word]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- PowerPoint is probably the most popular digital aid tool for presentations all over the world. It was created by the giant software developer Microsoft and presented to the world for the very first time in 2000 according to Microsoft’s web page. In the article PowerPoint: Killer App. the author, Ruth Marcus, criticizes this application, explaining the effects it is having on the way people make and understand presentations today. Moreover, she does not stay there with her critiques, and goes further, asserting that PowerPoint could be one of the causes of the Columbia space shuttle crash in 2003.... [tags: Presentations, Software, Digital Aid]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Starting a Fabrication Business For the most part, in life a man’s best friend is a dog. To others it’s a truck or a recreational vehicle. For those people, they are always searching for bigger and better. That’s where fabrication companies come into play. Creating a custom fabrication and performance business can be very complicated with all the permits and legalities that must be done before beginning projects for customers. By starting a custom fabrication and performance shop along with creating a business plan, one can successfully run and operate their own business.... [tags: Small business, Business, Welding, Management]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Before start the discussion of how IT behave in small business, let us look at the definition of IT. IT ,short for "information technology", is a term that includes all forms of technology used to create, store, exchange, and use information in its various forms such as business data, voice conversations, still images, motion pictures, multimedia presentations, and other forms, including those not yet conceived. It's a convenient term for including both telephony and computer technology in the same word (Applegate).... [tags: IT for Small Business]
2725 words (7.8 pages)
- Reflector Reflector is an app that allows for Air Play mirroring to a computer. This is an app that I have used in order to do presentation in certain applications on my iPad for classes and has become very useful. We have become so accustomed to wires being everywhere, that it is nice to have a break from such a disorderly setting. Reflector is an application that can be used easily in both school, and a business setting. Its ease of use and simple interface makes it the perfect app for presentations.... [tags: presentations, interface, mobile]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- In this modern era, being smart academically, having a bachelor or master title cannot guarantee a person from having a good job with a good salary. Some people don't satisfy with their current work because they think that the salary is small and they should deserve more, no wonder there are many people work in places that are very contrast with their study in the past. Nowadays there are many independent businesses running both online and offline such as online shops, restaurant, saloon, etc. Some may think that it is just a part-time job to have an extra salary, but the truth is, we can get a large amount of incomes if we have a good management skill.... [tags: independent business, online, offline]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Business Presentation Techniques for a Perfect Business Presentation Technicalities are all too often to blame for miscues and failures in today’s Business world. How often do you hear about some on not getting a Job because there was a technicality problem with his or her resume. Unfortunately it happens all the time. I plan on presenting the skills and knowledge from start to finish for a perfect business presentation. Listening is not a skill that most people perform well; on average a person listens at only 25% efficiency (Curtis, 1997), making listening even more important to develop this skill.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Robert Burton once said, "A blow with a word strikes deeper than a blow with a sword" (cited World Of Quotes, 2003). With this one statement he is explaining how powerful our speech can be. Effective oral presentation skills are essential in educational, social, and professional life. By means of understanding our speech, recognizing where and when they are important, and learning how to improve your skills, most of our experiences in life can be more effective, enjoyable and much easier. Since the dawn of recorded history, people have had to learn to communicate effectively with others.... [tags: Personal Essays]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- With a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Stanford University and five years work experience in finance and Economics, it is now my goal to transition into a career in sports business. More specifically, I desire to work for a Major League Soccer (“MLS”) franchise here in the United States. To facilitate a move into such a highly competitive field, I would like to increase my professional marketability by developing industry-specific knowledge and experience, as well as a network of industry professionals.... [tags: Business school, Management]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- Film Versus Theatre Presentations of William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing Shakespeare's comedy Much Ado About Nothing is a witty play that is interpreted in many different ways for many different audiences. Branaugh's movie rendition, compared to the Shenandoah Shakespeare Company's play, have many separately emphasized points. If we look at elements such as use of space, costuming, and love relationships we find that Kenneth Branaugh emphasizes the separation of the military from the domestic which eventually heads down to the separation of men and women, while in the stage production, the director emphasizes the relationship and friendship between Claudio, Benedict, and Don P... [tags: Papers Shakespare Play Movie]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- What is Human Resource Management?
- Dieting: Healthy or Unhealthy
- Information Systems and Information Technology Integration in Global Businesses
- Decentralization of Collective Bargaining in Australia
- IS/IT Outsourcing
- The Effect of Emotional Stroop Test on Undergraduate Students of International Islamic University Malaysia