Yo-Good is one of four franchise options offered by ‘Fresh & Healthy Brands, LLC”, a corporation based in Burnaby, British Columbia (Serving Up Healthy Choices in New Franchise Opportunities, 2011). The company’s mission is to “offer a delicious and healthy combination of non-fat frozen yogurt with a dazzling variety of fresh toppings” (Yo-Good: Frozen Yogurt with an Important Difference, 2011) in an all-natural way without the use of artificial sweeteners. Our goal is to bring a Yo-Good franchise to the city of Halifax; a city that we believe is in dire need of great tasting healthy alternatives.
The legal form of this business, therefore, would be a franchise. A franchise was chosen in lieu of the formation of a new brand as Yo-Good has successfully established a name in the Middle Eastern region, leading us to believe that such success could be replicated in the frozen-yogurt niche market found in Nova Scotia. We also believe that it would be the easiest means of ensuring that a healthy product is being sold to our consumers, and that the low cost of entry would provide us with reasonable revenue, allowing us to continue improving the healthy lifestyles of Haligonians.
‘Fresh & Healthy Brands’ prides itself in providing consumers with franchises in areas that are convenient to their lifestyles and needs; typically locations that are in easy reach of those who lead active lives, yet provide an ideal customer-traffic flow (Finding the Right Location for Your Business, 2011). Yo-Good businesses operate in three different store concepts; bars, kiosks, and lounges. We believe that the ideal concept for our particular franchise would be a Yo-Good lounge on Barrington Street in downtown Halifax, Nova Sco...
... middle of paper ...
Serving Up Healthy Choices in New Franchise Opportunities. (2011). Retrieved from Fresh & Healthy Brands: http://www.freshandhealthybrands.com
Shaw, S. (2011, September 21). Nova Scotia Seeks World’s Best Clean Technology Start-Ups. Retrieved from Innovacorp: http://www.innovacorp.ca/news/nova-scotia-seeks-worlds-best-clean-technology-start-ups
Statistics Canada. (2011). Retail Trade. Ottawa: Minister of Industry: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/63-005-x/63-005-x2011009-eng.pdf
Yo-Good – Store Concepts. (2011). Retrieved from Fresh & Healthy Brands: http://www.freshandhealthybrands.com/our-brands/yo-good/store-concepts-frozen-yogurt-franchise-for-sale.aspx
Yo-Good: Frozen Yogurt with an Important Difference. (2011). Retrieved from Fresh & Healthy Brands: http://www.freshandhealthybrands.com/our-brands/yo-good-starting-a-frozen-yogurt-business.aspx
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The name of my business will be International Discount Auto Parts; my main objective will be to provide national and international customers with quality auto parts at a discounted price from that of our competitors. I have chosen to open my business as a sole proprietorship because this is the most simplest type of business to set up and because this will give me control over the business. Accounting plays a very important role in any business; therefore, I will be sure to hire an accounting staff that has experience with record keeping, internal controls, and cash management.... [tags: Business Plan]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Table of Contents Executive summary 2 The company 2 Company description 2 Vision statement 3 Mission statement 3 Objective 3 Company background 4 Product/ service and industry 4 Product/ service description 4 Industry description 5 The market 5 Market and target customer 5 Competition and competitive advantage 6 Marketing strategy 6 Overall strategy 7 Sales plan 7 Competitive plan 7 Research and development or growth plan 8 The organization 8 Legal and organizational structures 8 Key personnel 8 Related service providers 8 Location 9 The financials 9 Critical risks 9 Income statement 9 Cash flow projection 10 Balance sheet 10 Start- up costs 10 Assumptions 11 Schedule 11 Conclusion 11 Refere... [tags: Business Plan for Cosmetics Company]
3000 words (8.6 pages)
- Business Plan for an Established Business This business plan consists of a narrative and several financial spreadsheets. The narrative template is the body of the business plan. It contains more than 150 questions divided into several sections. Work through the sections in any order you like, except for the Executive Summary, which should be done last. Skip any questions that do not apply to your business. When you are finished writing your first draft, you will have a collection of small essays on the various topics of the business plan.... [tags: Business Management Marketing Economics Essays]
4468 words (12.8 pages)
- Business: How to start a small business Business is one of those things where you can do a lot. Everyday there are thousands of people trying to start a business and not knowing exactly what to do with their idea. Creating a new business is fairly easy, you just have to know what you’re doing and the process it takes to start a business. For starters you’ll need to have an idea in mind of what you’re planning on doing with your business. An idea of a business shouldn’t be too complicated or too plain.... [tags: idea, business, plan, product]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- Here are some effective marketing strategies that will help boost your restaurant, and keep it from falling through the cracks. First you should be prepared to work long hours and be paid minimum wage and stay up long nights, also do not be expecting your restaurant to open a be successful right away. Before you even start your business you should have your business plan stating what you are doing and why are you doing it, if you do not have a strong reason on why you are opening a business how will you get people to join your cause, and if no one follows your cause then how do you expect to become a successful business.... [tags: business plan, starting a restaurant, ]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Economics Plan for a Business ROUND 1 I decided to produce seven (7) units based on the initial guidance of requiring less than 20 units being produced. The guidance also stated that in past production cycles I produced between 1-10 units. The next factor was the Market Research and the composition of a total of six companies that manufacture the same product. This led me to determine that the market demand forecast would be between $50K and $100K per unit considering all six companies. Upon selecting the total number of units seven and the other companies populated with lesser units I determined that I would receive the larger market share overall.... [tags: Business Economics Plan]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- 1.0 Executive summary 1.1 Description Our business hires out vehicles to people for a short or long period of time depending on their circumstances. Our goal is to have qualified drivers for each vehicle and also have a large variety of vehicles for our customers from road trains, crane trucks, tippers and moving trucks. You can come to us or we can deliver the trucks to you. Our target is to have Every Truck for Every Occasion. 1.2 Objectives The objectives Truckin around will achieve in the next three years: • The construction of a unique, upmarket hiring place with friendly people and excellent service.... [tags: Business Plan]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- Business Plan: Surf and Skate Shop I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY If I were to start my own business, my dream would be to build a surf and skate shop on the Southern California coast. My business would be located on beachfront property in the surrounding area. This business plan will cover two main subjects, 1: an Analysis of the Business Situation, and 2: the Planned Operation of the proposed business. The first topic will cover the subtopics Trading Area Analysis and Competition in the area for my business.... [tags: Business Plan Entrepreneurship]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- A Good Business What the characteristics of a good business looks like. The basic element of a good business is derived from good management. It is true since business is run by individuals known as managers that perform specific business functions, such as manufacturing and production, finance and accounting, sales and marketing, and human resource departments. Identifying a good business is not an easy job; an understanding of Managerial Economics is needed because it provides some tools, techniques of analysis and Economic concepts to make good managerial decisions.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
589 words (1.7 pages)
- Marketing Plan Introduction. I have been commissioned by the manager of Scottish lemonade ltd as a marketing consultant to conduct research into their product range and markets and report back to him on the findings. Due to the lack of their marketing expertise they requested a report to include any ideas and suggestions as to how the research can help the company expand its sales in the future. Scottish lemonade ltd also require me as a marketing consultant to help them develop their existing products, expand into future markets and advise on the creation of new product ranges for the company.... [tags: Business marketing Plan Development]
993 words (2.8 pages)