Santander is retail banking financial which was founded in 1857. It is centered in Santander Spain as the name suggests. It has its operations carried in Euro zone widely by its market share and it is known as one of the largest banks in the world for market capitalization. The company has expanded through various acquisitions in 2000. There is a drastic change in the formation of the rules and regulations by the company from acquisitions and merger. Banco Santander had a merger with Banco Central and Banco Hispanoamericano in 1999 thus, considering both the entities equally it is known as Banco Santander Central Hispanoamericano or BSCH. This merger was designed equally so as both the pre-existing firms CEO had took over the control equally as they used to in their own companies. This merger was a benefit but, both pre-existing firm owners gave rights to Botin by legally settling the case in court and taking of the power and control (Werner 2002). After, the merger there was legal issues regarding the acquisitions and the control of Banco Santander.
The history of Banco Santander was formed by the acquisitions and the merger. Though it is well-known by its name, it has its areas of expansion in banking. Santander has a bright future in its retail banking. There are various countries where Santander Banking has its branches. Considering few more in the future for growth and development in its banking sector would help considerably.
FUTURE INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION
Banco Santander has covered a large number of countries which have its branches at specific areas. It has covered a huge market in countries such as Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, France, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Unite...
... middle of paper ...
...e political parties influence a lot for the target market which is formed for a new country. The new regulations and rules are to be followed by Santander for the target market. Certain levels of legislations which speak out about the federal government issues are enforced for the country.
• Economic factors
Economic factors include about the country’s national income, about the payments, the fiscal policies and various other EXIM policies include which shall be the main reason to incorporate in the target market. Everything is to be considered while having the plan for marketing. The factors even differ when we talk about the industry in certain country but, naturally for international expansion of the business these factors are considered. The net value of goods sold and bought is called the balance of payments. There are certain barriers for the country to import
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why we develop a business plan in any company. A business plan is written summary of a business man’s proposed business, plan is an operational and financial details, plan is marketing opportunities and strategy and also plan is manager’s skills and abilities. Every business must do the plan because there is no substitute for well-prepared plan. The plan is very important in the business because the plan helps business man in his journey to building successful business. “A business plan should be the place where the map is drawn, for, as every traveler knows, a journey is a lot less risky when you have directions” (one writer says that).... [tags: management strategies]
628 words (1.8 pages)
- How to register/ incorporate a company in Malaysia This information will help you out how to register a company in Malaysia, how to incorporate a company in Malaysia, Private Limited company registration in Malaysia, procedure of new company registration and incorporation in Malaysia as foreigner. Foreign companies are registered or incorporated under company Act 1965 and there is a requirement of appointment two directors who residing of Malaysian and two share holders those can be foreigners. Company Secretary who is member of Chartered Secretariat or member of SSM has to be appointed when new company shall be registered.... [tags: Corporation, Types of business entity, Million]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Santander is retail banking financial which was founded in 1857. It is centered in Santander Spain as the name suggests. It has its operations carried in Euro zone widely by its market share and it is known as one of the largest banks in the world for market capitalization. The company has expanded through various acquisitions in 2000. There is a drastic change in the formation of the rules and regulations by the company from acquisitions and merger. Banco Santander had a merger with Banco Central and Banco Hispanoamericano in 1999 thus, considering both the entities equally it is known as Banco Santander Central Hispanoamericano or BSCH.... [tags: Bank, Economics, Corporation, Grupo Santander]
1399 words (4 pages)
- Executive Summary SGM PC Depot is a start-up company that is designed to offer computer products and other gadgets. SGM PC Depot allows businesses and individuals to be informed of the latest trend in technology and grab it in the most accessible way through the internet. With SGM PC Depot, you can choose and shop a wide variety of computers, laptops, and gadgets at all times and you have 24-hour access to us. Customers can avail our products and our service by subscribing to our server on the internet.... [tags: Business Plans]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Business Plan for Import Export Company This business plan details the launch of a start-up company known as the Import Export Company (IEC). The company functions as a ‘middleman’ in purchasing housewares from manufacturers in China and reselling the products to retail buyers in the US and Canada. The Import Export Company is primarily an independent import/export business. The products we import from China are resold to retail buyers in the US; in addition, we export the products from China directly to retail buyers in Canada.... [tags: Marketing Executive Summary Accouting Essays]
4554 words (13 pages)
- Proposal for the Development of a Business Plan to Launch a Graphics & Web Design Company Introduction In today's business world, many consumers prefer a company's presence & position on the internet. E-Business is a magical marketing tool for most companies. The term attracts attention and affects the fundamental tasks of a company's day-to-day operations. Companies have not confused the financial woes of various venture capitalists in the dot-com industry with the wide-range of possibilities offered via e-business.... [tags: Technical Communications Business]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- I. Executive Summary C. Cellzone is a big mobile phone, gadgets, and accessories retailing company that is spread out in 90 branches nationwide. Its value propositions include offering varieties of products in affordable and wide-ranged prices. Their products include mobile phones, telecommunication products such as prepaid cards, accessories, other gadgets, and quality services to customers. Their target market includes all socioeconomic classes with no preference on gender and age. The means by which they make their profit is primarily through sales although they also have partnerships and sponsorships with other major companies such as Puregold, SM Supermalls, Jollibee, etc.... [tags: Company Business Plan]
2900 words (8.3 pages)
- The name of my business will be International Discount Auto Parts; my main objective will be to provide national and international customers with quality auto parts at a discounted price from that of our competitors. I have chosen to open my business as a sole proprietorship because this is the most simplest type of business to set up and because this will give me control over the business. Accounting plays a very important role in any business; therefore, I will be sure to hire an accounting staff that has experience with record keeping, internal controls, and cash management.... [tags: Business Plan]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Marketing Plan for a Cosmetics Company EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. CosmoCosmetics. 1389 Sunshine Ave. Fort Lauderdale , Fl 34587 CosmoCosmetics has decided to create a new foundation make up line for African American women exclusively. We believe there is a niche for this type of business since no make up brands specialise in this target. CosmoCOsmetics would be the exclusive manufacturer that sells to cosmetic retailers. Not only would emphasise on the variety of colours but also the packaging of the product.... [tags: Business Marketing Finance Essays]
6035 words (17.2 pages)
- Soft Drink Company Marketing Plan The following plan is intended to provide a basic marketing communications plan for a fictitious company. The company in question operates in China and produces soft drinks, particularly adult soft drinks. The information in the plan has been sourced from various textbooks and online research including the National Bureau of Statistics China.... [tags: Business Analysis Marketing]
1436 words (4.1 pages)