T-Mobile USA is a national provider of messaging, wireless voice, and data services. It is an openly traded company with the Deutsche Telekom owning 67% of its share (T-Mobile, n.d). So as to penetrate the international market, it should adopt an organizational structure that would make it maintain a competitive ground in the global market.
Strategic Growth Options
According to Wakeam, (2003) building of alliances by companies always balloon their portfolios with willing partners. The process of liaising with other companies i...
... middle of paper ...
...14: THE CONTROL FUNCTION IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS. CHAPTER 14: THE CONTROL FUNCTION IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS. Retrieved April 6, 2014, from http://sabahanjtp293.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-control-function-in-international.html
Jacques, V. (2006). International outsourcing strategy and competitiveness: study on current outsourcing trends, IT, business processes, contact centers. Paris: Publibook.
Miyamoto, K. (2008). International management accounting in Japan: current status of electronics companies. Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific.
Shong, J. L. (2008). International Management. New York: Aberdeen University Press service.
Wakeam, J. (2003, June 1). THE FIVE FACTORS OF A STRATEGIC ALLIANCE - Ivey Business Journal. Ivey Business Journal. Retrieved April 6, 2014, from http://iveybusinessjournal.com/topics/strategy/the-five-factors-of-a-strategic-alliance#.U0Do5qiSzyE
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Although currently Provident holds a leading position in the non-standard credit card industry and it’s very confident about the prosperity of the firm in the future. The industry expects a number of fundamental changes that will shape the future of the firm. Provident has to make integrating strategic change, as the business strategy and organization design must be modified together to answer external and internal changes. Moreover, the firm can use its capabilities and the resources to understand the implications of any opportunity that the current external environment presents.... [tags: Brand management, Brand, Strategic management]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- After analyzing Kudler Fine Foods weakness and strengths, this sole proprietorship company is confronting several situations such as a limited inventory due to perishable goods, and costly payroll and geographic limitations among other issues. Despite these situations, the main issue is the overall management. Kathy Kudler, the owner, is the only person in charge of the purchasing process and other management responsibilities that prevent the geographic expansion and therefore, financial increase opportunities.... [tags: Business, Grocery Store]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Dell Business Risk Evaluation Dell Inc., with fiscal 2005 net revenue of $49.2 billion, is a premier provider of products and services worldwide that enable customers to build their information-technology and Internet infrastructures. Dell offers a broad range of enterprise systems (servers, storage, workstations, and networking products), client systems (notebook and desktop computer systems), printing and imaging systems, software and peripherals, and global services. During calendar 2004, Dell was the number one supplier of personal computer systems worldwide as well as in the United States.... [tags: Business Risk Analysis]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- BPM is a new approach to delivering operational improvement. It was born of the integration of Business Process Reengineering and new process centric rules based IT tool suites. While component parts of these tool suites have existed since the late 1980s, they were not combined until a breakthrough in the early 2000’s. The real breakthrough that allowed this coalescing of products was the advent of rules based application generation that was tied to process models. At that time, about 2003, the various component products were brought together to form BPM product suites.... [tags: Business Strategy Process Analysis]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- What Is the Porter Diamond Model . He was recognized as a model by Diamond Anybody or layman . Diamond model is one of the economic model was awakened by Porter in 1990 in the titled itself, ' Excess Competition ' than this nation , in which he published himself in his theory . This theory has been founded by Michael Porter that has been used by certain industries sake only, where it will become more competitive in a particular location. By Michael Porter's theory of why particular industries become more competitive in certain locations.... [tags: business competition theories]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- This research paper provides a strong recommendation to influence my position for instilling a transformational leadership style in an organization. The data in the paper offers a theoretical method with proven examples regarding the implementation of a leadership style, which provides facts that are applicable to transformational leadership. Further, the research investigates a method for making the necessary changes for a business to model to anchor as the foundation of the organization. However, if the execution of an organizational change is careless implemented, the organization will implode and cause a decrease in productivity of the company.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Business model]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- What is Porter Diamond Model. It was known as a Diamond Model by anyone or public. The diamond model is one of the economic model developed by Porter's in 1990 in his own entitled. 'The Competitive Advantage' of Nation's, where he published herself on his theory. The theory was founded by Michael Porter's that has been used by certain industries only, where it will be more competitive in some specific location. The theory by Michael Porter is why the particular industries become a more competitive in some particular locations.... [tags: competitive advantage of nations]
1605 words (4.6 pages)
- ... Porter argues that these generic competitive strategies provide the companies the ability to achieve competitive advantages and outperform their competitors. The three potentially successful generic strategies are overall cost leadership, differentiation, and focus. (5) The first strategy is overall cost leadership, which is increasingly common in the 1970s because of popularization of the experience curve concept. Cost leadership requires vigorous pursuit of cost reductions from experience, aggressive construction of efficient-scale facilities, avoidance of marginal customer accounts, tight cost and overhead control, and cost minimization in areas like service, sales forces, research a... [tags: goals, competitive, planninc]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- Battle of the Toys-FAO Schwartz is back. (Page 253-254) 1. Why did FAO Inc. have to declare bankruptcy. FAO Inc. did not follow any model that would have save the organization from bankruptcy. It appears that FAO was disconnected to what was happening to the toy industry. The industry had gone global. FAO Inc. only had a brick-and-mortar business, meaning that FAO operated in a physical store with internet presence. Their competition like Wal-Mart and Target had a click -and-mortar business, which operated in a physical store as well on the internet.... [tags: FAO, click and mortar, brick and mortar]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- All of our hotels are non-conventional, and have a philanthropic community vision.-Pam Janusz, General Manager, Joie de Vivre SoMa Hotels, personal interview, March 5, 2010 (Thompson, Peteraf, Gamble, & Strickland III, 2012). Established in 1987, Joie de Vivre (JdV) is a hotel management hotel located throughout California. By 2010, JdV is the second largest U.S. boutique hotel operator. New owners have recently purchased the hotels that JdV Management Company operates; GM Pam Janusz has the task of preparing the hotels for transitional changes.... [tags: Good Hotel Analysis]
3151 words (9 pages)
- The Consequences of Drilling for Natural Gas
- The Role of Children's Literature in Learning
- Comparative Culture May Be of Value to International Business
- Medical Marijuana Should Be Legalized in All States
- Which Is The Best Alternative Energy For Cleaning Up Pollution?
- Women at Risk of Human Trafficking