Carrier Transicold has one major competitor in the marketplace. The competition for market share is Thermo King Corporation. Both Carrier Transicold and Thermo King Corporation are divisions of larger companies, United Technologies and Ingersoll Rand respectively. Thermo King is the premium priced product in the marketplace and has the dominant market share. Customers loyal to Thermo King include Wal-Mart, Target, CR England, and Marten Transportation. These customers purchase trailer products on an annual basis. Loyal Carrier customers include Prime, Grocery Supply, and Kobuke, Lee, Liles, and Moudy (KLLM).
Carrier Transicold has a strategic goal to sell more equipment than the competition by cutting the unit price to obtain customer orders. This strategy has helped the company to increase market share. Thermo...
... middle of paper ...
...arch. (2012). State of the Industry: US Trailers. Retrieved March 2, 2012, from ACT Research: http://www.actresearch.net/reports_3.shtml
California EPA Air Resources Board. (2011, October 20). California Emission Reduction. Retrieved March 4, 2012, from CA.Gov: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/documents/multirule.pdf
Carrier Corporation. (2012). About Carrier. Retrieved March 4, 2012, from Carrier: http://www.corp.carrier.com/Carrier+Corporate+Sites/Corporate/Side+Bar+Links/ch.Our+Company.printerfriendly
Crossroads Trailer. (2012). Welcome to Crossroads Trailer. Retrieved March 6, 2012, from Crossroads Trailer: http://www.crossroadstrailer.com/default.htm
Nichels, W. G., McHugh, J. M., & McHugh, S. M. (2010). Moving toward Relationship Marketing. In W. G. Nichels, J. M. McHugh, & S. M. McHugh, Understanding Business (p. 363). New York: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction: There is an augmented interest in the business ethics for the past ten years. This escalating interest and desire to understand better ethical performance and decision making led to the development of many models research hard work especially about the ethical environment and ethical cultural concepts. Many models concerning these concepts refers that ethical environment in effected by the individual characteristics and appropriate factors like values, codes, rules, organizational form etc.... [tags: performance, decision, environment, theory]
2868 words (8.2 pages)
- The idea to enter the world of the full cost carriers by low prices isn’t a new one. Already in 1977 Laker Airways founded the “Sky Train” between London and New York. Even if this service was never successful, more and more low cost carriers were founded during the progress of deregulation and the development of an own low cost strategy began. When we today have a look at the homepages of low cost carriers we cannot but state that nearly all of them are operating successful despite the issues of September 11th in 2001, SARS in 2002 and the war in Iraq in 2003.... [tags: Business Analysis Management Market]
1874 words (5.4 pages)
- Question (1a) Directors’ duties are to act within powers, promote success of company and avoid conflict of interest. Tracey had breached her contract as a director of the business. Under Companies Act (CA) 2006, this act places directors’ duties on a statutory basis although there are common law rules we can also refer to and further guidance can be gained via the case law. Directors’ duties are enforceable in the same way as any other fiduciary duty owed to a company by its directors and remedies available may include: damages or compensation where the company has suffered loss; restoration of the company’s property; an account of profits made by the director; and rescission of a contract w... [tags: conflict of interest, legal business structures]
2986 words (8.5 pages)
- ... The 1980 Motor Carrier Act enhanced the competition in the LTL industry. The deregulation of motor carrier industry increased the rate competition between intra-modal motor carriers. Intra-modal competition in both TL and LTL industry segments has resulted in few large firms hauling bulk of the tonnage. The intra-modal competition has forced intermodal transport carriers to make partnerships to gain industry-wide advantage over the rival firms operating with same business model. Inter-modal partnership agreements with railroads have been signed to provide better services and cost advantages compared to the intra-modal competitors in motor carrier industry.... [tags: tariffs, railroads, transportation]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Why do Toolbox Manufacturers Charge High Interest Rates and Mechanics are willing to pay for them. The high interest rates of toolbox financing provide benefits for the manufacturing company and the mechanics. The company increases their net income and the mechanic receives financing, convenience and the name brand. We have all been there. We walk into the garage of our mechanic’s shop, taking a quick glance; we see the huge elaborate toolboxes that each mechanic owns. Most of them are from Mac, Matco or Snap-On.... [tags: Finance Interest Mechanic Manufacturing]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- Throughout life, my aspiration in terms of prospective careers has been shared by both education and business. The allure of an education degree to me, is the prospect of some day stimulating the minds of young individuals and becoming an influential figure in their lives. In truth, I believe that an Education degree will allow me to explore all aspects of the educational field, and provide myself with an excellent basis for a career in teaching. In my current Advanced level subjects I consider Business Studies as my forte, and this is supported by studies in Media, Sociology and History.... [tags: Free College Admissions Essays]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - My Interest in Business Management I am very interested in studying a business management course with the addition of legal and financial studies. From a young age I have always had a keen interest in monetary matters and have also been intrigued by legal systems and how they work. I feel that combining one or both of these interests with business management will give me a sound footing to launch a career from in either legal or financial business sectors. I am confident within myself and find communication with others easy.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
368 words (1.1 pages)
- The Benefit of the Interent to Business The Internet is an electronic meeting place for ideas, information and people. It was created to spread academic information between universities. Since the creation of the World Wide Web, access to this information has been easier for ordinary computer users. The further development of the web browser has made it more possible for ordinary users to find what they wanted to know. Whilst the Internet was originally designed to be an area of vast resource material, it wasn't too long before its potential was realised and that Internet trading was a real business prospect.... [tags: Papers]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- Interest Groups Interest Group is defined as "an organized body of individuals who try to influence public policy." This system is designed so that interest groups would be an instrument of public influence on politics to create changes, but would not threaten the government much. Whether this is still the case or not is an important question that we must find out. Interest groups play many different roles in the American political system, such as representation, participation, education, and program monitoring.... [tags: Political Special Interest Groups]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- An interest group is a group that seeks a collective good, the achievement of which will not selectively and materially benefit the membership or activists of the organization. These organizations try to achieve at least some of their goals with government assistance. The difference between interest groups and political parties is that political parties seek to constitute the government, whereas interest groups try only to influence it. Some of the things that interests groups seek from government are information that affects the interests of the interest group, influence of the government policy, goodwill of the administrators who carry out the policy, and symbolic status.... [tags: Political Special Interest Group Politics]
1029 words (2.9 pages)