I began to tackle this challenge by developing a planning paradigm to be used by the entire agency. This strategy requires offices to look at underserved populations of employees in their area of responsibility, identify major compliance problems that are not easily solved in low-wage industries, and develop strategies which expose the violation prone areas of the key players in that industry. I designed the paradigm so that via enforcement, compliance assistance, litigation and the media, WHD could push industry to increase the percentage of employers in compliance. I then changed our regional success metrics to make industry-wide compliance of wage and hour laws the main standard, so employees would be motivated to focus on total compliance.
I met with Northeast Region employees, investigat...
... middle of paper ...
...ers to questions raised by them or the employees who were to be competitively sourced.
The team performed their responsibilities (in conjunction to their regular duties) interviewing employees to obtain all job functions that they perform. They also gathered information as to the property that they handled and used in the completion of their responsibilities. As a result of all the information gathered and processed by team members, I issued the work statement within the time frame required, including our recommendation in the provision of government-furnished agency property.
At our last team meeting, team members had a team dinner and expressed their thanks, appreciation and gratitude to me for my work as team leader in leading our group to complete our task in a timely, efficient and complete manner in spite of extremely stressful nature of the assignment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Application of Conflict Management Styles to My Own Work Experience It happened that I have had an opportunity to work at four different branches since I joined the bank about four years ago. Every time I came to a new branch I faced a new group of people with their formal and informal leaders, traditions, rules and conflicts. To me as a new person, every time in every group, it was very interesting to observe what was happening because I was a guy from the outside, unbiased by existing setups.... [tags: Business Management ]
1830 words (5.2 pages)
- The Experience Economy: Work is Theatre and Every Business is a Stage is a business and economics book that was authored by Joseph Pine and James Gilmore. The main idea of the book focuses on the suggestion that businesses on a smaller scale and an entire economy runs on the concept of experience rather than just the simple exchange of products, services, and commodities, hence the term experience economy. Pine and Gilmore introduced the concept by briefly discussing the limitations that come with the rapidly aging agricultural economy.... [tags: Economy, Economics, Strategic management]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- If I could have any career in the world, I would choose to be in the field of business because I have great interest in the business sector and can handle the pressure of business, I can make strategic plans and policies for the organization and can make dynamic changes in the organization. Everyone has their own passion in life. Some choose to be the doctor, nurse, pilot, engineer, and businessman and so on. To achieve their passion, they have to struggle as per their course requirements and needs.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Experience]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Too much stock Having too much stock can be problem because it is always vital for a business to turn their stock to profits. If stocks are more than what is demanded this will be an issue because the retailers and other businesses that offer these stocks will be demanding a payment for them. The business will have to choose other means to pay off their stock providers which will put the business in debt. Having stocks that can’t be liquidity will be problematic because the demand is not of that nature.... [tags: logistics, operations and inventory management]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- A customer experience management (CEM) study seeking to understand what business-to-business companies are doing in this field examined what seems to be driving the strongest business results. For example, some companies attributed CEM to their financial progress, such as 200 percent increase in market share over the past four years or 20 percent improvement in revenue over the past year. Some companies mentioned figures such as 15 percent reduction in churn and so forth. Among the companies with strong business results, there were some that also had at least 20 percentage points advantage in most of the other best practices in the study.... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Management]
1542 words (4.4 pages)
- Lyann Jones Mrs.Zablan Adv. Comp 20 October, 2016 Business Management Introduction: You want to know what’s so difficult about being a Business manager. Business managers must oversee the activities of workers. They must ensure the customers of great quality and service. Not only do they have the pleasure to deal with great customers and valuable employees. They tend to get horrible customers and dishonest employees. Their job can be very dangerous, and as I continue this project the plan is to combine outlooks on different scenarios that goes on in a workplace, and how a business manager would handle the situation.... [tags: Management, Employment, Business, Business school]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- I successfully managed the changes in the work place during the three years of working in RCL Ltd, especially during the recent origination structure changes and changes of leadership, I was able maintain my professionalism and successfully worked with the new leaders and work with very different managing styles that comes with the new leader. I am also aware of the qualities required of my work. I actively reviewed my training needs and completed training where needed. Taking Hyperion as an example, understanding the needs using Hyperion in creating and modify reports, I trained myself on Hyperion by enrolling in the online course on Hyperion and reading instruction books on Hyperion.... [tags: Management, Marketing, Business intelligence]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- Every person has their own personal philosophy on life. This is shaped by many different aspects such as upbringing and life experience. A personal philosophy is unique to each individual. Undoubtedly my personal philosophy has changed over the years which is only natural. When I was teenager my focus was on having fun and not thinking about the consequences of my decisions. Like most people age brought wisdom and I slowly began to realize that life had more to it than partying with my friends. My life experience has result in developing a personal philosophy that includes the concepts of appreciating beauty, personal identify, and business ethics.... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Business, Management]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Coming into this year, I wasn’t really sure what to expect from college and my classes. So far my experience at Ohio University has been pretty great, I have meet some really great people that I could end up being friends for life. My learning community has to be probably one of my favorite classes, out of all of my other classes that I am taking. The classes that I’m currently taking during my freshman year is Math 1200, IArt 1170, Eng 1510, Anth 1010, and UC 1000. I really enjoy all of my classes currently except IArt 1170, something about that class just really rubs me the wrong way.... [tags: Business school, Management, High school]
1416 words (4 pages)
- You are the CEO of a conglomerate with many businesses in many industries in many geographic regions. a) Discuss what Goold and Campbell Style you are likely to adopt( justify your selection) b) How do you manage synergies in the portfolio c) How do you ensure companies you acquire fit into your Heartland' in the Goold, Campbell, Alexander Parenting- Fix matrix. Specifically outline how you intend to add value to the acquisition you make. (A) Conglomerates face the challenges involved in managing multiple activities in multiple markets.... [tags: Business CEO Management]
1330 words (3.8 pages)