Amazon is like any other business and that is to gain and keep their customers’ trust in order for Amazon to grow their company. One way to obtain trust from their customers are the reviews they offer on each product they sell straight from customers who have previously purchased that product. By doing this, Amazon customers can see the company main concern is to satisfy the customer, not to make every sale, if a company is in business that is their number one goal is to make revenue for the company. Amazon has hidden from the customer their secret strategy on how to succeed for the customer and not for the business. This is one of the main reason that they offered items at discounted rates. Amazon knew overall, buy selling items at a lower price, they would earn more money because they would continue selling items and increase volume. In calculating the cost of the item, Amazon often makes it cheaper for the customer by offering special deals on shipping and sometimes even free shipment. Amazon has made shopping easier for the customer when you go on their website Amazon.com. You can either log on or not log on to purchase their products and anything you need or you just feel like shopping Amazon is the place you would want to check out first.
Amazon has set the bar very high for other companies who are in the same business as them, Amazon has put other business to decide whether they are going to sink or swim when you are in the same type of business as Amazon, and that is what I...
... middle of paper ...
...Justify your choice.
EBay is one of Amazon significant competitor. Both companies are one of the first in online shopping business that is still around today. Which means both companies have a strong business strategy to keep the companies doors open, customers happy and revenue risen. Happy customers’ equal happy business and at the end of the day everyone is still in a win-win bond. Both Amazon and EBay primary focus for their Online shopper’s is to target the customer specific need, keep on the customer page what they were looking for if they want to purchase it at a later day, show how much they are saving when they order online and both companies has Antiques and Collectibles items to purchase.
In order to keep up in the online business you have to have a fast-cycle market, if not then your company will get the experience of how not company to run a company.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to be a good choice. Justify your opinion. Starbucks began their journey in 1971 with one store. They are a company that offers a variety of products specializing in coffee. Today they are one of the largest coffee establishment in the world with more than 24,000 stores spanning over 70 countries.... [tags: Starbucks, Coffee, Dunkin' Donuts, Competition]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- The Strategic Plan of Able Limited a subsidiary company of Walden International details goals for the next ten years. The plan also encompasses the strategies to achieve our initiative of breaking and leading in the global market and measures by which we will evaluate our progress. This plan is created in consideration of all our stakeholders. The plan will be updated yearly which will enable us to give account of our achievements, need for modification on new mission requirements and how to improve on our performance measurement ways.... [tags: Business Plan]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Target Corporation Introduction Target Corporation is the biggest discount retailing business in the US which comes just after Wal-Mart Stores Inc. The headquarters are located in Minneapolis in Minnesota in the USA. George Dayton founded it. It initially started as a family business with a regional retailer shop and later grew into a national full retailer store. The company’s main aim is to offer retail services at friendly rates and, its main attracting feature is discount rates offed on different products in the business.... [tags: Wal-Mart, Target Corporation, Big-box store]
1800 words (5.1 pages)
- Business Strategies for a Licensed Hair Dresser Introduction This paper is designed to help every classification of worker in the beauty industry go to the next level of professionalism, legitimacy, and excellence. It is not enough to sharpen your craft and become the best in haircutting, coloring, or nail artistry, and cannot make any money. Due to, not being able to attract customers. The vocational and technical schools for cosmetology, skincare, and makeup are designed to teach the fundamentals of the various trades and prepare us for the state board licensing exams.... [tags: Business Management Strategy]
2391 words (6.8 pages)
- A definition of strategy has been provided by a man named Michael Porter who is in fact one of the leading experts in the field of cost leadership and differentiation strategies and has created a model of generic strategies in 1980. His model is viewed as one of the most important assets to strategic management (Minarik, 2007). Strategy is made up of unique and valuable position. Porter describes strategic positioning as a way for a company to choose activities which are profitable due to the differences from what the rivals may or may not do.... [tags: Strategic management, Strategy, Change]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- Relationship between Government and Business in the United States The government’s position is to ensure that citizens do not suffer harm resulting from business operations, such as selling tainted food or preparing foods in unsanitary conditions, causing ecological harm, or dealing unscrupulously in financial matters. As the government grows, government regulation, taxation, and spending has been beneficial for businesses (Carney, 2006). Businesses prefer the government eliminate regulates and government watchdogs so they can continue to operation in a fashion that would increase their profits.... [tags: Business Management]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Pathways to Funding a Small Business Starting a new business can seem like a monumental task from the first vision to completion. An area that must be taken seriously is that of how an entrepreneur will finance their operation. Consideration should be given to the type of business, the amount of owner invested capital and the entrepreneur’s history of previous successful ventures as well as failed attempts. This is important if those involve a financial loss, or they have resulted in current debts.... [tags: Finance, Management, Entrepreneurship, Debt]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Examining Business Failure Organizational behavior is a key factor in determining how an organization becomes effective in undertaking its tasks. The behavior should be one that is accepted by both the management and their subjects. This helps avoid the frequent conflicts of interest that are likely to be experienced in the work place. It also helps maintain the code of ethics that might have been set up by the management of the organization. Behavioral principles should therefore be set up and should be those that have bee agreed upon by both them management and their subjects.... [tags: Business Management ]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- The Three Levels of Business Strategy Strategies can be formulated on three different levels: · Corporate level, · Business unit level, and · Functional or departmental level Strategy may be about competing and surviving as a firm, products are developed by business units. The role of the corporation is to mange its business units and products so that each is competitive and so that each contributes to corporate purposes. Corporate Level Strategy Corporate level strategy fundamentally is concerned with the selection of businesses in which the company should compete and with the development and coordination of that portfolio of businesses.... [tags: Business Management Studies Essays]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- Introduction Pisces have grown from a small stall into an international departmental chain with retail stores in both Singapore and china of a size more than 15 stores. In addition, Pisces also venture in other countries like Saudi Arabia with its retail expertise and strategy. Pisces’s store name becomes synonymous with low price products which cater the needs for people in the mid-to-low income groups. Pisces’s core competencies and competitive advantages should be able to focus to satisfy their customers’ needs/preference so as to able Pisces to achieve above average returns.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1861 words (5.3 pages)