Prior to taking Business Foundations I had a wide variety of perspectives on all the different disciplines of business. When I first thought about business I perceived thoughts that ended up being false and there was more of the disciplines that what I had thought. I believed that Marketing was only involved with sales and advertising. Now I realize that Marketing is much more than just that. Also, I perceived that all accountants were CPA’s and that all accounts have to pass the CPA exam. In reality all accounting majors do not have to take the CPA exam, there are jobs for accountants without taking the exam.
I am currently enrolled in the Lindner College of Business to pursue a degree in Operations Management. I applied over the summer and got accepted in the Fall of 2016. Getti...
... middle of paper ...
...ream job would be to be a Purchasing Manager with Heinen’s. To work for them would be my dream job because I previously shadowed the current Purchasing Manager of Heinen’s. When I worked with him I thought the job was really interesting and it’s a job that I would enjoy having. Working with a company that I have worked with in the past and the fact that I am currently on a rise to success in the company is a key factor in why I want to work for them and grow my career with them.
Potential mentors that will help me in my career path will be all the people that I have met during my 3 years of working at Heinen’s, during my internship and high school job. Other potential mentors that will assist me are all my brothers of Theta Chi fraternity and the network I have built with them. Networking with a vast variety of people is key in order to have success in a career path.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Moral Foundations of Health Care Why do top health care leaders like Jeffery Skilling make poor decisions. According to Paul B. Hoffman (2004), good people like Jeffery Skilling behave poorly because they feel pressured, do not view the act as illegal, feel entitled, and feel the rules are not applicable to them. Most often times, good people feel this way because they are put into vulnerable situations of limited resources, conflicting opinions, severe time constraints, competing loyalties, and significant uncertainty which triggers irrational decision making (Hoffman, 2004).... [tags: Health care, Decision making]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- Resources are being classified into tangible and intangibles assets as the followings: *Resources of *Virgin Group Tangible Resources Intangible Resources Capabilities of Virgin Group are established by the integrated resources that assisted it to stay competitive and to outdo its competitors. Valuable capabilities will aid Virgin Group to effectively tap and explore spotted opportunities as well as to minimize threats in the external environment. Should capabilities are consistently and effectively utilized, they will turn significant and be difficult to be imitated or substituted.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
Institutes Of Higher Learning And Degree Attainment Goals Of The 2025 Initiatives By Private Foundations And The Government
- Institutes of higher learning and the degree attainment goals of the 2025 initiatives by private foundations and the government must be met by non-traditional student and low income students. Funding sources of public, private and for-profit institutions and their effectiveness in decreasing costs as well as increasing revenue for institutes of higher learning. The days of traditional student are over that population is shrinking. Students of today are three-fourths non-traditional working and assisting families while attempting to increase or gain an education.... [tags: College, Higher education, High school, Education]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Carla Mendoza Edward G. Engh Business 1050 12/5/15 My Renaissance Business 1050: Foundations of Business, is a class that I took this fall semester. With the name Foundations of business, I assumed that it would be a class that would be focusing on what a business needs to succeed; I imagined it would be a class that showed the basic steps that a person had to take in order to make a business be successful. In a way this class did teach me that, however the class more closely resembled a philosophy class.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Natural selection]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- According to the Hutchinson Unabridged Encyclopedia business ethics is the moral principles defining how businesses and business professionals should act toward each other, employees, and the public. Some professions such as law and medicine clearly have defined codes of professional ethics. In other areas appropriate behavior has been established over time by practice. Business ethics involves the role of a company in our society. Complex and contentious areas of business ethics would include the effect a petrochemical company's actions have on the environment or the obligation of a pharmaceutical company to make its drugs available to developing countries.... [tags: Business Ethics]
674 words (1.9 pages)
- You’re visiting the hospice for the twenty-third day in a row; the soft squeaking of the linoleum and the gentle buzz of the fluorescents in the waiting room greet you as you walk in. You’re visiting your Grandmother, whose lung cancer has entered metastasis, and has been slowly spreading throughout her body; she has already lost movement in her arms. She is a hollow shell of the woman she once was; her once bright eyes have been fading steadily every day, and her bubbly demeanor has become crushed and gravelly, and every day before you leave, she will only say, “Kill me.” What would you do in this situation.... [tags: Assisted Suicide]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Foundations of Entrepreneurship An entrepreneur is an individual that takes the risk of investing his or her money into an idea, product and/or service. These individuals usually have “do or die” attitudes. The typical characteristics of an entrepreneur are viewing rules as mere guidelines, low threshold on frustration; they can be very manipulative of others. Another facet they exhibit impulsive behaviors and they are prone to take action. The primary motivation for the entrepreneur is the ability to master his/her destiny and to the have to ability to do something they really enjoy.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- The Truth About Assisted Suicide This essay recognizes that it is hard to tell the truth about assisted suicide. Or rather, it's hard to get people to listen. Folks generally are about as eager to delve into the issue of assisted suicide as they are to work out the details of their own funeral. It's a delicate and unnerving subject, involving the ultimate issues of life: the reality of human mortality; fears about illness, disability, and old age; and the loss of loved ones to the dark, dank grave.... [tags: Euthanasia Physician Assisted Suicide]
2199 words (6.3 pages)
- The Ethical Foundations of Starbucks and Humana Executive Summary This paper examines the ethical foundations of two companies operating in very different markets. Starbucks’ is a chain of coffeehouses specializing in gourmet coffee lines. Starbucks is based on sound ethical principals permeated through the central core of its business operations. The result of several probes leads to a conclusion that Starbucks does business in a profitable and morally sound manner. Humana Inc. is a large Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) with operations that place it third among the top players in the field.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework Ethics]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- 1.1 Introduction In the design and construction of slabs and footings it is important to consider the durability of the finished product and devise ways in which to ensure the strength for which the slab was designed is maintained. Construction techniques and standards exist to ensure that all work is carried out to a specific level of quality to save the hassle of repairing prior mistakes. As with all business time efficiency is of paramount importance and sometimes contractors can overlook crucial elements of the design and supervision.... [tags: essays research papers]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- Mental Health Professionals Have Been The Targets Of Violent Threats
- Reading Analysis : Picture Walks
- Increasing Underrepresented High School Students ' College Transitions And Achievements By Charisse Cowan Pitre
- Questions On Farmers Market Assignment
- Management Of The Golden State Manufacturer Is A Huge Organization Generating Technologies
- Jury Verdict On The Trial