Business conservatives are socially and politically conservative, and favor small-government involvement. They are known as “staunch critics of government and the social safety net and are very socially conservative.” They are Pro-Wall Street, and pro-immigrant. Sixty-two percent of business conservatives are men, and sixty percent of business conservatives are between the age of thirty and sixty-four years old. According to the social demographics, eighty-five percent are white non-Hispanics, seven percent are Hispanic, and the rest are black non-Hispanics. Forty-three percent have a college degree; thirty-four percent have some college education, while twenty-two percent have an education from high school or less. Forty-five percent make seventy-five thousand dollars or more per year, thirty-three percent make between thirty thousand and seventy-five thousand dollars, while the rest make below thirty thousand.
These demographics are important in understanding and obtaining a clearer perspect...
... middle of paper ...
...the way I view the government’s role in helping the poor.
As I explored the different political typologies, I noticed how demographics greatly influence ideological positions. Sex, age, race, education, and geographical area play a great role in determining which political ideas I support and which typology I am mostly correlated with. As a seventeen year-old male, I certainly have less experience and wisdom than a sixty-five year old male has, and most likely shares different views on government. This also applies to demographical areas and race. I will, no doubt, share different opinions on racial discrimination than a black male living in Ferguson, MO. It is scary to see how all these social factors have influenced my opinions, but it is crucial to view everyone’s perspective with respect and to maintain an open-mind on all topics when listening to other views.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- American citizens are getting tired of the governments increasing control of the economy, health care, and a dodgy recovery plan (Engstrom, 2). According to a national survey, "Voters are starting to realize that the regulations implemented by government are beginning to intrude more so on people’s personal lives" (Thompson and Tringali, 2). The survey also said that, "A majority of both conservatives (61%) and liberals (54%) say they are both negatively impacted by regulations that tell American business which workers to hire" (Thompson and Tringali, 2).... [tags: Government]
2334 words (6.7 pages)
- Liberals and Conservatives in Post Revolutionary Latin America Models for post-revolutionary Latin American government are born of the complex economic and social realities of 17th and 18th century Europe. From the momentum of the Enlightenment came major political rebellions of the elite class against entrenched national monarchies and systems of power. Within this time period of elitist revolt and intensive political restructuring, the fundamental basis for both liberal and conservative ideology was driven deep into Latin American soil.... [tags: Latin American History]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- The Government And Their Positions Back on the day 's United States wasn 't the way it is today. Over the years things have changed, people have changed, the government have changed. For United States to become this well developed country the society and specially the government had to put a lot of effort. Government is the body of a nation, state or community. As we know, the government is the holder of a country, their decisions, what the do and how the do affects the society. Looking back on the past America had a different type of government.... [tags: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Herbert Hoover]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction In 1986, President Ronald Reagan issued the pithiest expression of the modern American political conservative credo when he told a Chicago audience, “I've always felt that the nine most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.”1 While the current Republican administration is hardly an embodiment of this sentiment (President Bush has overseen the largest inflation-adjusted increase in federal spending since the Johnson Administration2), conservatives, at least in principle, believe in the notion of “small government” when it comes to social programs: less welfare, less federal control of education and Social Security pr... [tags: Poverty in America 2014]
3200 words (9.1 pages)
- ... Supply-side went off the idea that, “tax rates affect a person’s incentive to work, save, and invest. To put it simply: lower tax rates create more economic energy, which generates more economic activity, which produces a greater flow of revenue to the government” (Gramm, Phil). This was known as the Laffer Curve. When Reagan first came into office he was dealing with marginal rates at about 70% of returns on savings and investments, but as he left office, 33% was the highest rate in the tax code which even dropped to 28%.... [tags: economic recession, liberal democrat]
1271 words (3.6 pages)
- Before start the discussion of how IT behave in small business, let us look at the definition of IT. IT ,short for "information technology", is a term that includes all forms of technology used to create, store, exchange, and use information in its various forms such as business data, voice conversations, still images, motion pictures, multimedia presentations, and other forms, including those not yet conceived. It's a convenient term for including both telephony and computer technology in the same word (Applegate).... [tags: IT for Small Business]
2725 words (7.8 pages)
- The Small Business Act of 1953 was responsible for the establishment of the Small Business Administration (SBA). The SBA was mainly founded to encourage “lending to small businesses through government loan guarantees”, along with being involved in direct loans opportunities for disaster relief and recovery and aiding small businesses in obtaining government contracts. The SBA was founded following the termination of the Depression-era Reconstruction Finance Corporation, which was adversely affected by accusations of misconduct during the Truman presidency.... [tags: Small business, Business, Contract]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- The Small Business Administration is one of the first resources that come to mind for many small business owners looking for guidance or help. And for good reason, since the promise of government-backed loans and free advice sounds like a pretty good deal. Having run multiple startups and grown them to become multi-million dollar entities, however, I can tell you that the guidance provided by the SBA just barely scratches the surface of what business owners and entrepreneurs need to know to be successful.... [tags: Business, Small business, Entrepreneurship]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- The “Drug War” along the border of Mexico and the United States is one of the longest coordinated engagements of law enforcement (who have accepted the aid of the Mexican military) in both countries’ history (Winslow, 2015). The history of this unofficial war is extraordinarily complicated; rife with both political and criminal players, violence, corruption, bad policy, and controversy. Its importance to America and Mexico cannot be underestimated, especially in its role in legislation, law enforcement techniques, and public opinion.... [tags: America's war on drugs]
2433 words (7 pages)
- Problem Statement In the United States, there are over 18,000 companies with revenues of $35 billion combined. Most of this revenue is from companies that have over 60 accounting firms. The profitability of these firms depends on the market (First Research, 2014). In reviewing the literature on Small business owners, I would say that the business strategies are different in large companies than small business owners. Specifically, financial planners are trained to provide planning services. The training is rigorous and focused on technical expertise but does not include marketing techniques or business operations.... [tags: Small business, Business, Management]
1246 words (3.6 pages)