1.1 Reasons For Choosing The Topic
The main reasons for me to choose this topic are as follows:
A company’s financial statement provide essential financial information that will help potential investors to better understand the company’s financial performance.Financial information are also significant for company’s management to analysis the company’s financial position.In the coming future I intend to be a perfessional accountant,therefore I need to practice and learn more about analysis skills and knowledge.
The financial statement of a company is easy to obtain.The financial statement of a listed company is wide open to the public so that I can obtain information through the Internet and libruary.And with all the valuable information I can perform better in the project.
1.2 Reasons for Choosing the Organization
My target company for this research is Lenovo .I am a computer fan,especially for Lenovo computer.My family and I have been using Lenovo computers for many years.And I’ve gained so much knowledge and computer skills from Lenovo computer.
Lenovo computer is very close to my daily life,I use it almost everyday. Nearly every company needs computers in their day-to-day running of business.Lenovo is China's largest personal computer maker by market share.Almost every Chinese know this brand,and is quite popular and has a good reputation all over the world.
In these days more and more people have their own laptop, and computers begin to play a more important role in our daily life. I am very interested in how a computer company’s financial performance would like to be and how a computer company w...
... middle of paper ...
...-environment influence.It consists of five
a).It can analysis the market environment when an organization enters a new industry.
b).It can identify critical success factors in the industry.
c).Analyse life cycle of the industry.
It also have some limitations:
It only provide general information not in greater details of analyzing PESTEL.
Collecting large amount of data from external party could be time consuming and costly.
b). SWOT Analysis
SWOT analysis identifies the key issues emerging from an examination of the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses and identified internal factors and external factors in the business.
But it also have some limitations:
SWOT analysis only emphasizes the elements of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats,but not include how individual organization overcome the weaknesses and threats themselves.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Business requires the appropriation of funds and the analysis of how these funds are and should be used. The primary task of an accountant is to account for all transactions that were done over a period of time for a specific organization and to arrange these facts into financial statements that can be analyzed. The two main types of accounting, financial and managerial accounting are used to evaluate a businesses financial status through financial information that is specific to the audience. Although financial and managerial accounting use similar primary financial statements, the analysis of the documents and the information presented differs tremendously primarily because the financial a... [tags: accounting, financial, business]
1940 words (5.5 pages)
- The bonus culture & management incentives in banks were a key factor in the Irish and US Crisis. The system was flawed from the beginning; bankers took risks to get short term bonus, with no regard to long term consequences to the economy. Within the financial system the bonus culture is unique. The banks present a high percentage of it award based on bonus driven remuneration. For the employees of the bank it became a high percentage of their annual salary. This gave bank employees the incentive to offer risky loans and mortgages.... [tags: Global Financial Crisis]
2491 words (7.1 pages)
- “Explain the role of Shinsei bank in the financial system. Access its exposures and performance during the financial crisis of 2007-2011. Did it do well or badly?” Bank description Shinsei bank has had a chequered history as its predecessor was called Long Term Credit Bank of Japan (LTCB), which declared bankruptcy during the financial crisis in Asia in 1998. Until 2000, New York-based Ripplewood’ Holdings made an acquisition, took over the bank and renamed it to ‘Shinsei’ which represented ‘renaissance’ .... [tags: exposures, performance, financial, bank]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- ... One of the departments that would need thorough investigation is the sales department. Revenue of a company increases due to an increase in the profits. The sales department is one of the many departments within an organization that trigger or potentially hinder the revenue improvement of the company. The sales department should be managed properly and strategies created on how to improve the number of sales made by the company in a certain period. For example, the sales department can be given more mandates on carrying out advertisements which can lead to more people knowing about Durango Manufacturing Company.... [tags: productivity, income, financial statement]
2346 words (6.7 pages)
- The information illustrated from the journal, to the income statement, to the balance sheet discloses the original expenditures of the Lemonade stand's fixed assets and the accumulated financial loss transcribed over Season One, which includes six days of revenues and expenses, which shows the standard practices of accounting methods appearing on the journal, income statements, and balance sheet attached for the Lemonade stand. The accounting data format sets up a proportion of financial statements at any time the company wants to know how things stand in fiscal matters for the lemonade stand.... [tags: Business]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction In the current competitive supermarket industry one of the biggest company is Tesco plc. Tesco operates 2318 stores in 12 countries and employs 380,000 people around the world. As for other companies in the market, the main purpose of the business is maximizing profit for its owners. What's more Tesco trying to expand in international market, thus it is possible to find some Tesco supermarkets in continental Europe, in some parts of Asia and in some cities of the United States. As other public companies do, Tesco have to provide annual reports to the public that include the financial statements of the company, such as Statement of financial position, Income Statement, Statement... [tags: Business]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction Financial accounting that is about reporting and summarizing the transactions of business and provide an accurate financial reports or financial statements such comprehensive income and finacial position (Averkamp, 2014). However, if investing in a business and want to acquire more profit, the financial statemnet of company is must be analysed before taking a decision. This essay will explains that financial statements between two companies about four years comprehensive income statements and four years statements of financial position.... [tags: comprehensive income and finacial position]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Fundamentals of Financial Statements Starting a business requires much time, commitment and patience. The ultimate goal of most businesses is to be professionally and financially successful. In order to show the progress of the business operations, meticulous financial statements must be kept. This statement communicates economic information about the business to individuals involved in making decisions and judgment. According to the University of Phoenix 2006, "An entity's financial statements are the end product of a process that starts with transactions between the entity and other organizations and individuals." Connie Rochce started a cookie business in November 1986.... [tags: Business Accounting]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- Accounting - It is the process of identifying, recording and summarizing economic data about the organization and reporting it to decision makers. Financial Accounting - It serves external decision makers such as Stockholders, suppliers, banks, and government agencies Management Accounting – It serves internal decision makers, such as top executives, department heads, college deans, and other people at management levels within the organization. Questions on Financial situation about the company: A) What is the financial picture of the organization on a given day.... [tags: Business Accounting]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- You are the CEO of a conglomerate with many businesses in many industries in many geographic regions. a) Discuss what Goold and Campbell Style you are likely to adopt( justify your selection) b) How do you manage synergies in the portfolio c) How do you ensure companies you acquire fit into your Heartland' in the Goold, Campbell, Alexander Parenting- Fix matrix. Specifically outline how you intend to add value to the acquisition you make. (A) Conglomerates face the challenges involved in managing multiple activities in multiple markets.... [tags: Business CEO Management]
1330 words (3.8 pages)