The Australian pizza industry is among the most competitive in the world dominated by the market leader, Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Limited (Ibisworld 2013). Today, the publicly listed company is the principal largest, low cost, pizza chain in Australia operating four hundred and ten retail food outlets, employing over 21,000 employees Australia wide (Ibisworld 2013). The business currently provides customers with pickup and delivery pizza meal options offering customers the traditional methods of ordering such as telephone calls and in store walk-ins as well as a digital ordering service via online mobile applications and a desktop website.
Primarily, it is two principal activities that differentiate Domino’s Pizza from other close competitors in the fast food pizza industry, those being continual digital innovation and constant product differentiation. Specifically, it is the multimedia digital innovation of delivering to the market the first online pizza ordering system along with several social media platforms and the company’s focus on product differentiation by offering healthy menu options coupled with higher quality ingredients that keeps the business ahead of close competitors.
In introducing such innovations over the past two years Domino’s has been able to build a solid foundation for business growth and development. In particular, 2013 saw domino’s pizza experiencing a significant change in business activities with the pizza business growing into “an online digital business that sells pizza where they are the best in their class for digital sales, marketing and execution” (DPE 2013, p.06).
When preparing financial reports, it is important that organisations are ...
... middle of paper ...
... of cash flows. The purpose of each statement is discussed in detail below.
Consolidated statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income:- The purpose of this statement is to present total group earnings as a single entity without dividing the earnings attributable to nom-controlling shareholders and owners of the parent company. The revenues, expense and taxation of all companies included in the group are consolidated as a single entity regardless of the parents ownership in the subsidiary companies in order to provide results of the group as a whole. Similarly the entity concept is applied to consolidate all the components of other comprehensive income that are not permitted to be included in the profit or loss section. Consolidated comprehensive income is particularly useful when understanding the changes in the company’s fair value of assets.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Industry Analysis Pizza came to prominence during the 16th century in Naples, Italy. Pizza was eaten by the poor mostly and was not a serious form of cuisine. During this time pizza was not as fancy as it is now. It was a simple white sause covering the dough. It was not untill centeries later the Italians started the experiment different toppings on the pizza. In the 1889 in Naples, Raffaelle Esposito the margherita pizza was created. The pizza features tomatoes, basil, and mazzarella, it was the first time chesse has been used on the dish.... [tags: Pizza, Pizza Hut, Papa John's Pizza]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- The Fast Food Restaurant Industry - Analysis of the Pizza Industry THE RESTAURANT INDUSTRY AND HISTORY Where and when did the fast food concept come into play. Consider the hamburger. While German immigrants brought the first "Hamburg Style Steak" to the United States in the early 19th century, the humble hamburger, "White Castle," became the basis for a new kind of restaurant in 1916 called "the fast food chain". J. Walter Anderson, who sold five-cent hamburgers with french-fries and colas, opened the oldest burger chain.... [tags: Pizza Restaurant Industry]
4620 words (13.2 pages)
- Domino’s Pizza Enterprises 1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: The main objective of this report is to provide a SWOT analysis of the Domino’s Pizza Enterprise. the information presented in the SWOT analysis which is compiled with information ranging from various types of data sources, such as newspapers, magazines, company reports, books and journals. 1960 and onwards, Domino’s has proven to be quite successful. Even with the decline in the economy which did in fact pose as a significant threat to the company, Domino has still proven to all why it is so highly ranked in the pizza industry.... [tags: Pizza Industry, Fast Food Industry]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- One of the following is an environment analysis of “largest Pizza chains” in the US and International. In the following sections, we will assess the environment analysis on “consumer satisfaction” and its re-formulated pizza recipe. Within the re-formulating and the expansion of its menu, we will see how they have been able to recapture some of the market with existing and new customers, with customer satisfaction and excellent delivery. Domino’s Pizza, for example, they have re-formulated their ingredients and added new items to their menu, but like Pizza Hut, Papa John’s, and Little Caesar, we will discuss their strength’s and weakness to be able to survive in the Pizza Industry.... [tags: pizza chains, pizzas, pizza industry]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Domino’s Pizza Case Study Domino’s Pizza Company was originally owned by Tom Monaghan and his brother James, first purchased as a mom and pop store in 1960 named Domi-Nick’s. Tom traded his car for the other half of the business in 1961, and changed the name of the store to Domino’s in 1965. Domino’s targets its sales toward middle and lower class customers that are looking to stretch their dollar and feed their family affordably. Although Domino’s has many positive aspects, it also has some downfalls.... [tags: Pizza, Pizza Hut, Calzone, Pizza saver]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- The Success Story of Domino’s Pizza, Inc. Domino’s Pizza, Inc. is the true definition of an American Success story. From the humble beginnings in a single store to tens of thousands of stores spanning the globe we will take a look at what it takes to build a $900 loan into a corporate juggernaut that grosses billions in sales annually. Domino’s story is one of perseverance, cunning, innovation and foresight. Thomas Monaghan’s history and methods of accounting practices is one that any entrepreneur looking to get into business ownership can look to for inspiration and motivation.... [tags: Pizza delivery, Domino's Pizza, Pizza, Ann Arbor]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Sugarcane is the most widely produced agricultural commodity in the world. In 2011, Brazil alone produced over 700 million tonnes of sugarcane eclipsing the second highest producer, India, by close to 400 million tonnes (Queensland Sugar Limited [QSL], 2011). The sugarcane industry has developed rapidly in recent years and is now adapting to a new concept, sustainable development. This has been a welcome change, because in the past, sustainable development was widely viewed as an unachievable ideal rather than a practical basis for production.... [tags: Australian Sugarcane Industry]
2667 words (7.6 pages)
- For approximately the past 20 years, since the deregulation of the Australian Aviation industry, the Australian Domestic Market has been profitable. The past half year has brought to light the first negative effects of fierce competition between Australia's airlines the Qantas group and Virgin Australia Holdings Pty Ltd (VAH) (which will be further referred to in this document as Virgin Australia) in the form of loss which can be seen in the below figure. In recent years, the Australian Domestic market has been predominantly a duopoly style market with Qantas Group and Virgin Australia being the main competitors contributing to market share.... [tags: virgin australia, qantas groups, aviation]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- Executive Summary: The purpose of this report is to figure out the impacts and effects of GFC over the Australian Motor Industries which is said to be owned by TOYOTA, and this company has its own reputation for their products among the several other Automotive Industries in the present era. However even this industry has undergone a severe impact in accordance with the Global Financial Crisis which is said to be briefly discussed in this report. And entirely this report is done only in accordance with the Strategic management which has the various stages of analysis that evaluates about the industry in all the perspectives possible, further which some recommendati... [tags: GFC, Tyota, Dealership, Cars, Car Industry]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- Small businesses make a significant contribution to the Australian economy accounting for almost half of industry employment. (Clark et al., 2011) However The ACCI Small Business survey results show a second decline in small business conditions after the financial crisis in 2008. Hence, this article aims to share the personal experience of young and self-reliant entrepreneur to inspire Australians, especially the youths, who make major contributions to the society to take the bold step in becoming enterprising entrepreneurs.... [tags: economy, industry employment]
531 words (1.5 pages)