Bullying comes in many disgusting and hurtful forms, it’s a fast emerging problem that may children and teen face on a daily base. I believe that bullying has become a humongous problem in our society. Numerous people don’t take this issue very seriously, they think that it’s a one time thing or think that the victim should be able to fend for themselves. Bullying is a huge problem and needs to be put to an end. Bullying can happen just about anywhere, especially at school.Bullying can lower a person 's self esteem and their confidence. Not only does the issue affect the child but it also affects the adults. The current regulations, rules, and punishments are not enough and are not being enforced very well.
It is agreed by many that bullying is hurtful and aggressive behavior toward other person. Different forms of bullying include verbal abuse (spreading rumors, teasing, name calling.) Another form is physical abuse (vandalizing someone 's property and hitting or kicking.) Out of the two forms of bullying verbal abuse is the most common. 28% of U.S. students in grades 6-12 experienced bullying. 20% of U.S, students in grades 9-12 experienced bullying. Three reason I believe that bullying is wrong is because it could cause them to put pressure on themselves, it could lower their self esteem, and bullying could also lead to someone committing suicide.
A child who is being bullied have way too much pressure on themselves. In middle school and high school, times could be be very stressful and difficult. My students are trying to fit in and being accepted by their peers. At times when a student doesn’t receive acceptance, they close themselves off, the may not enjoy after school clubs or sports and may...
... middle of paper ...
...idn’t know if she could take it anymore. She told me that even her own friend had told her that she needed to go home and kill herself. Bullying is associated with the increase in suicide risk in many young people. Bullying has long term effects on suicide risk and mental health, which can follow one into adulthood.
Bullying is something that is taught, if someone is taught to be a bully then they and e taught not to be a bully. Unfortunately, not to be a bully has to be taught during a young age.
If a child is taught to treat people how they want to be treated, understand empathy, and avoid rasim. The child may be apart of the future and may one day lower the number of bullies or even better get rid of the whole bully situation. Parents and teachers are also involved in the situation, they both should be aware of signs of bullying and always communicate with them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bullying is any repeated aggressive behavior or action taken by one person who thinks of themselves to be physically, mentally, or even socially superior to the other. The bully is the one that carries out these actions to demoralize the victims with no relent. There are many ways to identify bullies and often times people can get pinned as bullies because of their appearance so just because someone is fit, smart, or popular does not automatically make them a bully. To be a bully one must repeatedly harass a helpless person with no way to stand up for themselves.... [tags: joke, physical and verbal bullying]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Going to a new school in Massachusetts, all the way from Ireland, Phoebe Prince is ready to start a new life and make new friends. Not everything always workes out in her favor, though. As soon as Prince starts dating the star football player, the threats start flowing in. The constant torments at school leave her lonely and depressed, and when she got home, it never stopped. She was getting never ending text messages and the torments didn’t stop there. Phoebe was constantly getting harassed through social networking sites, such as Facebook.... [tags: Technology, Real Perpetrators, Cyberbullying]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- Be Smart, Don’t start. We can vividly recall the endless television commercials from reporters and speeches we received from teachers that informed us of the side affects of smoking. As young boys, neither one of us quite understood what was so bad about smoking. We just knew it was frowned upon, and it was strictly discouraged by our parents. Recently our foundations were shaken when we read an article by Peter Brimelow that presented smoking as beneficial and a preventative tool against certain diseases and cancers.... [tags: Smoking Tobacco Health Cigarettes Essays]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- The percentage of people that uses technology is increasing every day, technology could be controlling you. Although some may believe that technology is helping the world because its helps you get to where you 're going by using GPS. Others may believe that technology is destroying us because it’s allowing people to be bullied, it’s destroying our communication with others, and it’s allowing children to become followers. Technology can help us or destroy us, what would technology do to you. Many people will believe that technology would stop bullying but it only makes it worse.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Face, Suicide]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Many people would voice that bullying is, in fact wrong. Calling someone out of their name, and abusing them physically, doesn’t actually improve yourself. It does make the bully feel wonderful for a short amount of time, hurting someone else ' 'helps them deal ' ' with what 's going on in their own lives. Since we now have the Internet, more and more people are getting bullied even after school. Cyberbullying includes things as: inappropriate pictures, and posting nasty things about people. The major effect of bullying, is after the bully has gained ego points, the victim is left changed.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Verbal abuse, Psychological abuse]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- There are many ways an individual can be harassed and bullied, that others don 't take encounter. In many cases the bully does not have a clue of how horrible the consequences can be, and still decide to make fun of others. Whenever an individual is accused of bullying, that’s because that individual was repeatedly humiliating a weaker person in the public. Through out the years, individuals find easier ways to harass or bully someone. Whenever someone is being bullied is because the individual has been called names in front of others.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Humiliation, Harassment]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- Bullying and cyber-bullying have become an increasing problem in the schools. Everyday there is more and more stories on the outcome of what can happen when a person becomes a victim of bullies. Suicide and violence has risen in schools because of children being bullied. Adolescent children are among the highest at risk for bullying. What are the risk factors for bullying. Is one type of person more likely to be bullied. What are the schools doing to protect children from becoming a victim. Bullying is a form of intimidation ( Baldry, 2010, Farrington, 2010 ): A bully may use force or coercion to gain what they want from a weaker person.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, High school, Teacher]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- Cyber Bullying Over the years bullying has increased along with technology. Not only can you bully physically, you can now bully through technology. When people think of bullying, the first thing they think of is a kid in school being bullied. People may not be aware that the bully can go home with them using technology. Cyber bullying is the use of technology to harass, threaten, embarrass, or target another person. (Citation goes here). Emails, texts, social media, photos, and videos are all part of cyber bullying.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Humiliation, Social media]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Sarah is an average teenage girl. She gets decent grades, likes to hang out with friends and is on the track team. One day when Sarah arrives at school she notices other kids staring at her and whispering, but she doesn’t think too much of it. Later in the day at lunch a few kids mutter nasty words at her as they pass by, kids she doesn’t even know. After school she turns on her cell phone and see 15 text messages from numbers she doesn’t know, all of them calling her horrible names like “skank” and “bitch.” Once she is home Sarah checks her e-mail to find messages like the ones on her phone, but one of them has a link.... [tags: Bullying ]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Throughout the United States, the impoverished youth are denied the opportunity to succeed because they lack the inexpensive programs to keep them away from harsh realities flooding the streets. Hence, it is up to motivated individuals to make a difference by creating hope for these children. In March 2006, 65 year old Don Johnson was granted the Bay Area Jefferson Award for encouraging and promoting the betterment of society. Also known as the ‘Tennis Machine’, this tennis coach has spent the last thirty years upholding tennis within the impoverished, urban areas of San Jose as a means for the youth to escape drugs and crime.... [tags: Don Johnson Biography]
1374 words (3.9 pages)