Although Madera High School is a small high school, there are students being bullied and harassed at Madera High. Four out of the seven staff that were surveyed believed bullying and harassment is a problem at Madera High. In addition, the majority of the students stated they did not feel safe from bullying and harassment on campus. For example, Madera High School student Cassandra Beavers states, “I believe you are never safe anywhere when it comes to bullying/harassment because it can happen anywhere at any time.” Although there are security guards on campus, students do not feel safe because security guards do not do enough to stop it. Bullies and harassers attack their victims in secluded areas of the school, such as bathrooms and hallways. These places make t...
... middle of paper ...
...alk away . There has been more autism awareness on campus, however there has not been much done to prevent these students to be bullied on campus. Majority of Madera High School students are respectful and considerate of pupils with obvious disabilities. Unfortunately, for those with disabilities that is more difficult to identify gets bullied and harassed the most. These students are vulnerable because these students cannot defend themselves because of their disabilities or other conditions. In addition, students with disabilities are more likely to be alone in hallways or other parts of the campus, which makes him or her a target for bullying and harassment. Unfortunately, this Madera High School student has been here for almost four years and the bullying has been the same and will only change until the day he graduates from Madera High and moves on to college.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A survey conducted at Madera High School shows that bullying and harassment is a major part of the students’ lives. There were a total of 206 student surveys and a total of 7 staff survey. This survey showed that teachers and other staff members are willing to help students going through bullying and harassment. Bullying and harassment might not seem like a major problem on this campus because most of it is kept among students. Often times, students prefer to solve problems their own way, instead of confiding to an adult because students feel that when they do confide in an adult, nothing gets done.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, High school, Psychological abuse]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- Evidence has been gathered that proves harassment and bullying is a problem at Madera High. Staff members said that there are procedures to be taken when bullying or harassment is happening outside of school. The type of bullying that most commonly happens outside of school is cyberbullying where a very large amount of students said that they have done over social media. They claimed it to be necessary or just plain fun. In most cases the cyberbullying is targeted at someone due to stereotypes, appearance, rumors or personality.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Psychological abuse, Harassment]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Bullying and Harassment Essay Imagine coming home from school, you are already upset from getting bullied and then your phone starts beeping. It repeatedly keeps alerting you and it fills up with hateful messages and threats. This is the life of a child who is bullied and harassed, this happens to them constantly until they eventually implode. Adults think of bullying as kids being kids and being a part of life; but, no child should go through the pain and torture of that. Bullying happens across the world, with no cure to it, it 's a plague that needs to stop.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Sexual harassment, Harassment]
1744 words (5 pages)
- Madera High School has a major problem, but nothing is being reported and school is not even aware of this crisis. On the survey the students stated many different places where they believe is the most unsafe place on school grounds. The majority of students put the area where they think is the most unsafe and some even know the exact usafe place. Bullying is a problem at Madera High School is it not just one person saying stating these facts, but about one hundred and eighty-two students out of one hundred and ninety-seven said that in today’s generation bullying/harassment is done through social media the most, but is not limited to just social media.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, High school, Psychological abuse]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- Bullying is a global phenomenon impacting today’s society in so many ways. Not only does bullying or harassment happen in someone’s own town but in the whole United States, in other countries, and the whole world. Bullying happens most among teenagers and children as young as the age of five. With social media and technology being an important part of teens’ lives, it can be used as a weapon to the cause of cyber bullying. In other countries where technology is not commonly used, verbal and physical bullying will be the two biggest types of bullying methods used.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Psychological abuse, Harassment]
2061 words (5.9 pages)
- There are many ways an individual can be harassed and bullied, that others don 't take encounter. In many cases the bully does not have a clue of how horrible the consequences can be, and still decide to make fun of others. Whenever an individual is accused of bullying, that’s because that individual was repeatedly humiliating a weaker person in the public. Through out the years, individuals find easier ways to harass or bully someone. Whenever someone is being bullied is because the individual has been called names in front of others.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Humiliation, Harassment]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- Being harassed can have major outcomes to a person that many people may not even be aware of here on campus. Bullying and harassment at schools and social media can have the same impact to one person. Harassment comes in many different levels, but one that most people do not pay attention to is through social media. Today, social media has shaped many lives in the wrong perspective. Teenagers want to believe that social media is more important than life itself for example, wanting to change for what other people say is perfect.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Harassment, Sexual harassment]
2526 words (7.2 pages)
- As a former student of Madera High school I enjoyed my learning experience with the exception of one subject. Being part of the central valley, being able to communicate in Spanish and understand Spanish is of the utmost importance. For students not fluent in Spanish, taking Spanish classes in high school is an important resource at their disposal. That being said, there is currently a problem with the Spanish department at Madera High. Other language courses at the high school have stricter rules and regulations when compared to that of the Spanish classes.... [tags: Education, High school, Spanish language, Language]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- Being part of the central valley, being able to communicate and understand Spanish is of the upmost importance. For students not fluent in Spanish taking Spanish classes in high school are an important resource at their disposal. That being said, there is a problem with the Spanish department at Madera High. Other language courses at the high school have stricter rules and regulations when compared to the Spanish courses offered. With the current course structure set for the Spanish department, it is ineffective at correctly teaching students about the Spanish language.... [tags: Spanish language, Hispanic, Education]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Bullying and harassment have been long time problems in public schools worldwide. Factors such as race, skin color, physical features, gender, or religion can play a role in the way school children and adolescents are mistreated. Although bullying and harassment has always existed, these two problems have recently worsened. Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year and suicide is the third leading cause of deaths among young people making it a whopping 4,400 deaths per year. This is an alarming number regarding how much the numbers have risen that concern bullying and harassment.... [tags: School, Abuse]
1833 words (5.2 pages)