The initial cost of all of these operating systems is expensive, but some are more expensive than others. For Apple, a mini mac computer equals to about $500, a Mac Air is approximately $900, and an all-in-one iMac is $1099. Windows is much cheaper than apple, their costs are less, but it also provides more. Windows is about 40% cheaper than the cheapest apple product, but it can range from $99-$200 for the software. For the computers it would be about $150- $500 for the maximum. As you can see, windows are much cheaper than apple, this goes into our proposal of choices for our operating system. There’s another operating system named “Linux” that we are...
... middle of paper ...
...ome with Microsoft 2016. Microsoft office cannot easily run on Ubuntu because as said before Ubuntu is not the most tech-savvy software. The only ways to install Microsoft office on Ubuntu would be to first install PlayOnLinux or Wine. Using alternatives to Microsoft such as Libreoffice, which is an office application suite that is already installed on Ubuntu, would also work. Microsoft office 2016 can easily be installed on the Mac operating system, and if needed an alternative choice would be to install Open Office. Lastly, Microsoft office 2016 can be easily installed on the Windows operating system, as more software is written for windows and we will be able to use virtually any application we wanted on the Windows operating system (Crossman 1). I recommend Windows and Mac as the two most plausible options if we were only considering compatibility with Microsoft.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. INTRODUCTION A ndroid operated devices are one of the most competitive technology devices in the market, with the fastest growing market share within the mobile industry . Technology experts predict that it will dominate the mobile market in the coming decade. Additionally, recent research shows a huge year over year increase in the number of Android specific malware attacks [1,3]. It is relatively straightforward to investigate such attacks when they occur on mature operating system platforms such as Windows and Linux.... [tags: virus-like problems on operating systems]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- At the end of September 2016 the first finished build of Windows Server 2016 is due to be launched. This will take place at the Microsoft Ignite conference in Atlanta, Georgia, USA as the two year Technical Preview period draws to a close. Windows Server 2016 will contain a great many new security and advanced technical improvements, leading on from Windows Server 2012 and 2008. This product update will include dedicated features such as Nano Server functionality and encrypted, shielded virtual machines.... [tags: Operating system, Windows Server 2008, Servers]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction Central Carolina Community College has different versions of Microsoft programs and Microsoft Operating System in their computers. Having different programs and operating systems affect students, faculty and staff in their work. If a person does a job using a Microsoft 2013 product and then use a computer that has Microsoft 2010 on it, it will affect their work to the point that they might have to start doing the job all over again. This will provoke the person to become frustrated but most importantly, the person will be taking longer to complete the work.... [tags: Microsoft, Operating system, Microsoft Windows]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- The Pros of Windows A Windows-based enterprise system has a strategic advantage due to its popularity in the work, home, and education environments. With the Windows operating systems being a common ground for traditional work environments in the United States, many companies and homes have continued the use of Windows systems out of convenience. With the ease of use, and difficulty of adaptation at low, companies aim to keep employees productive by keeping the familiar feel of Windows in the business environment.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Operating system, Linux]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction Apple Computer, after proliferating the momentum into personal computers (PCs) in 1977, starting with the Apple II, has expanded into various product lines of computer, telephone, television, music, and software industries, as well as its latest offering in wearables, the Apple watch. It not only manufactures but also designs its products. Apple consumers have seen the opening of retail stores in over 65 new locations, including Japan. Apple’s operating system is a large advantage but it has had difficulty encouraging intransigent PC users to try it, thus limiting the opportunity to persuade many of its superiority.... [tags: Apple Inc., Operating system, Mac OS X, Macintosh]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- ... This can open the door to cyber security attacks on the infrastructure of the company, and if they particularly process private customer information, it could lead to a loss of very sensitive information ("Support for Windows XP for Enterprise Business Is Ending"). Microsoft has always been very good about maintaining, and patching their software products regularly (“A History of Windows”). When XP was released it was one of the only operating systems to focus on raising awareness levels around cyber security (“A history of Windows”).... [tags: computer operating systems, pulling the plug on XP]
1463 words (4.2 pages)
- This project is a condominium apartment building, they are renovating it to rent it. The name of the company was Turner, unfortunately they didn 't provide us with the names of the archives, engineerings or owner since is a private project. The project is hard way done and should be finished by the year 2017. When we went we meet Ms. Ramos is a Superintended on the Turner project. Ms. Ramos she helped us during the tour and with answering a couple of questions. When went Friday December 2nd to talk to her, we been email her to get a couple of questions and she was very nice to reply.... [tags: Construction, Project management, Building]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Requirement #1, For its hardware business model, Apple first hires employees, primarily engineers and designers, to operate the business. Apple engineers build the applications and operating systems used by the Apple hardware devices, while the designers create the pristine shape of the various Apple products to increase consumer value. Once the engineers and designers at Apple create the blueprints for Apple products. Apple then buys supplies from different companies such as aluminum, silicon, and glass.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, Strategic management]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems INTRODUCTION Facilities departments are under tremendous pressure to provide more information faster, and at a lower cost to the company. At the same time many companies have reduce staff to the bare minimum. Maintenance professional are presented with more difficult challenges today than at any previous point. The biggest obstacle of all confronting maintenance professionals is being forced to do more with fewer resources. Maintenance departments must deliver superior service, comply with regulatory requirements and provided detail financial accountably all within the confines of limited and/or reduce budgets.... [tags: Computer, Operating system, Personal computer]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Windows 95 Beats Mac Over the years, there has been much argument over which computer platform to buy. The two contenders in theis competions have been the PC , with its Windows environment and the Macintosh. Now, with the successful release of Windows 95 for the PC, this has been the mjor argument for each side : hardware configuration, networking capabilities, and operating system. The first arguments to look at between the Pc and Mac platform has to do with hardware configuration. Before Windows 95, installing and configuring hardware was like pulling teeth.... [tags: essays research papers]
422 words (1.2 pages)