This strategy will focus on minimal changes by simply by moving the number of sections and students around. I chose to reduce the amount of sections in Math 002 from the Adjunct faculty by reducing the section to five sections for fall and spring Term. This will reduce the adjunct salaries from 27,000 to 18,000. Math 001 from the adjunct faculty will also be reduced from ten to eight sections in the fall and from ten to seven in spring. This will reduce the budget for this section from $18,000 to $14,400 in the fall and from $18,000 to $12,600 in the spring. Students and sections have been fairly distributed between the two full time faculties. The entire budget was reduced by a little over 10% from the original budget of $265,000 to $238,000, this leaves an additional $500 dollars that can be used or put back into other areas of the budget.
I feel this is the area the has the least change and minimal impact will be done to the institution. Even with this minimal change, it still increases the amount of sections/...
... middle of paper ...
...we can create a program that will allow for the creation of computer labs and ask students for a fee (that will help in the maintenance and up keep of equipment). We can also use this strategy to help in implementing permanent changes and create programs that will help alleviate additional responsibilities given to the faculty while helping students succeed in their classes. This has been a great project, I have learned a lot from this experience, and I now have a better understanding of the budget process. I hope my suggested strategies offers options and ideas to implement new changes to our department.
Accounting Coach. (2013). Payroll accounting. Retrieved from http://www.accountingcoach.com/payroll-accounting/explanation/4
Barr, M., & McClellan, G. (2011). Budgets and financial management in higher education. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Being successful at budgeting our personal finances is not strength within our household, and I often find myself nervous thinking about our cash flow. I don’t recall having conversations with my parents concerning finances; I only remember learning to balance a checkbook while in high school. Considering that most Americans will have the need to create a budget and manage their finances at one point of their adult life, I feel that a series of personal finance classes should be a part of a high school education.... [tags: Review, Budget]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Authors Michael D. Cohen, James G. March and Johan P. Olsen theorized a model of organizational decision making called the Garbage Can (GC) model (Cohen, 1972). This model was developed to explain the way decision-making takes place in organizations that experience high levels of uncertainty, in what is described as organized anarchy (Ireland, n.d.). These organizational decisions are a result of random collisions between various elements thrown together with no regimented process or direction.... [tags: Business Management Theory, Case Study]
1928 words (5.5 pages)
- A budget is a plan of action set by resources required to implement the plan. Simply, budget plans are put in place to help fix most of the fiscal damages that a company and or an agency would face. A recent study by Walther and Skousen (2009, pg. 10) indicated that, “A budget is a detailed financial plan that quantifies future expectations and actions relative to acquiring and using resources. Budgets don 't guarantee success, but they certainly help to avoid failure”. Although, there is no promise of success, a budget plan tends to predict the spending and can show the fiscal path of an entity.... [tags: Federal government of the United States]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
Conclusion And Recommendations Of The United States System Of Nhs Staff And The Now Target Driven Nhs
- Chapter 5: Conclusion and Recommendations From the outset this dissertation has sought to articulate whether it is time for Scotland to move away from the current system used to compensate claimants for medical injuries. In the course of writing this dissertation a deeper understanding was attained of the wider factors that influence the way the current system operates and the complex nature of the subject in question. It is beyond the remit of this dissertation to discuss the impact drastic cuts in the healthcare budget have had upon the quality of care and treatment received by the NHS.... [tags: Law, Common law, Lawyer, Dispute resolution]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Organizational Review of Plant Automation Group It is intended that this organizational review, will provide the Districts with a better understanding of the changing process computer hardware and software support needs. Also to review the department location for the Plant Automation Group (Group), and develop recommendations on the proposed reporting relationships. ¨ Review the background information. ¨ Identify the primary and secondary functions of the Plant Automation Group ¨ Review possible location of the Plant Automation Group.... [tags: essays research papers]
1655 words (4.7 pages)
- SALE BUDGET The operating budget is one of the two parts of the master budget. The purpose of the operating budget is to describe the income-generating activities of the firm such as sales, production, and finished goods inventory. The ultimate conclusion of the operating budget is the pro forma income statement and the operating profit margin. The operating profit margin is not the same as net profit, which you cannot calculate until you prepare the financial budget. The operating budget is prepared before the financial budget since many of the financing activities aren 't known until the operating budget is prepared.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Budget, Budgets]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- A budget Is a fundamental discipline for any organisation. The word Budget comes from an old English word `Bougett’ which means a pouch or sack. In fact, it was a leather bag from which the British Chancellor of Exchequer (in charge of finance) took out his papers, which contained government financial programme for the coming year to present in the Parliament. The budget has historically played the centre stage in most of the organisations, systems of management control. Any organisations strategies are incomplete without the budget which gives the forecast to the financial undertaking that the organisation should follow for their success.... [tags: Management, Budget, Budgets]
1411 words (4 pages)
- 1. Describe the company that you currently work for, have previously worked for, or would like to work for in the future. Determine at least two (2) compelling reasons that this company should prepare and manage a budget. Predict the two (2) most likely positive and negative financial outcomes for this company if it properly or improperly performs effective budgeting. Profitability review. It is easy to lose sight of where a company is making most of its money, during the scramble of day-to-day management.... [tags: Budget, Management, Budgets]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- It is a great honor to write a letter of recommendation for Alejandra Galaviz. I have known Alejandra for three years in an academic setting. She was one of my finest Spanish students three years ago and she always motivated other students to succeed as well. She has been my most trusted teacher’s assistant for the last two years. She is one of the most mature, helpful, reliable and trustworthy students I have taught in my 12 years of public teaching. As a public high school teacher, I have seen hundreds of students walk in and out of my classroom over the last 12 years, and Alejandra is in the top 1% of students who have had a positive impact on me.... [tags: Recommendation]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- November 20, 2004 Mr. Richard Pillsbury Manager, Marketing Services All Industries Inc. 111 Strawberry Bend, Suite 1551 Smallville, OH 05252 Dear Mr. Pillsbury: This is in response to your recent request for a letter of recommendation for Mary Lamb who worked for me up until three years ago. Mary Lamb worked under my direct supervision at Technical Technologies for a period of five and a half years ending in August 2003. During that period, I had the pleasure of seeing her blossom from a junior marketing trainee, into a fully functioning Marketing, Program Co-Ordinator, in her final year and a half with the company.... [tags: Business Recommendation Letters]
389 words (1.1 pages)