1. The Truth Always Comes Out
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
The other day, I was talking to someone who let go of a lie they had been holding onto. They didn 't intentionally do it. It just slipped out. They were embarrassed and I was hurt that they had not told me the truth to begin with. That 's what lies do. They come out in one way or the other and affect relationships, health, success, and happiness in a very big way. Therefore, remember that the truth is one of those things that cannot be hidden for long, and try to make it something you tell as often as you can.
2. What You Think About, You Bring To Life
"What we think, we become."
What you think about most, you bring into your life. If you think depressing and losing thoughts, then you will manifest depression and loses into your life. But, if you think happy and winning thoughts, you will manifest happiness and success into your life. Your thoughts determine what you perceive, what you will do, and how much resistance you put up, which all determine how your life goes. You can 't attract a positive life if you are constantly thinking negative things. You won 't do or perceive the things to get it. Therefore, focus on thinking more positive, uplifting thoughts about yourself, others, and even the world around you.
3. Stop Fighting Hate With Hate
"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."
You cannot stop hate by being hatef...
... middle of paper ...
... get it, and then discipline your mind to stick with what you are going after instead of being pulled around by shiny objects and people. A distracted mind never gets anything done, whereas a disciplined mind makes the most of each day. That 's where happiness really lives. When you have the discipline to do and go after what you want, all your dreams get fulfilled.
9. Have Compassion For Everything
"In whom there is no sympathy for living beings: know him as an outcast."
This is one of those Buddha quotes that really hit home with me. People who have no compassion for the suffering of other people, animals, or the planet, should not be celebrated and idolized. They should be rejected by the group and pushed aside so that they can 't gain any power or do any harm. Of all the traits to look for when not accepting people, I think compassion is the one to focus on.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “We believe that we invented symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges” Gene Wolfe. A symbol is an event, object, action that represent an idea. Symbols not only represent certain object, but a belief, and they are all around. Authors usually use symbols to add depth to the text because they serve as a connection between the story and the theme. Every symbol is important because they provide meaning beyond what is actually being described.... [tags: Gender, Woman, Moon, Sun]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Personal Responsibility in Sun, The Moon, The Stars by Junot Diaz Studying the Sun, The Moon, The Stars, by Junot Diaz, brought the realistic image of an intimate relationship in a way I never expected. The main character in the story Yunior says in the beginning, “I’m like everybody else: weak, full of mistakes, but basically good”, starts telling information on how his personality is. Yunior is not a bad guy even though he cheated on his girlfriend; these comments are retrospective because he makes them when the relationship between Magda ended.... [tags: Junot Diaz Sun Moon Stars]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- The Woman On The Moon As I look up in the night sky, It fills me with curiosity. Every night I wonder, About this mysterious world. What is she doing up there. Why is she left all alone. Is it a punishment or a blessing. The woman sits alone just beyond the light of the moon. She is there all alone. Far away from friends and family. Far away from war and strife. The rocket ships can 't reach her. She sits quietly on the dark side of the moon. She is the moon 's miracle. A child who once disappeared from earth.... [tags: Earth, Moon, Sun, Ecliptic]
711 words (2 pages)
- From the Ancient Greeks and Egyptians, to the Three Wise Men and modern day Muslims, the stars have always been of great cultural and spiritual importance for people all across the globe. The constellations have meanings that exemplify different types of people and things in the natural world. These stars are the “blueprint” of humanity, giving mankind a better understanding of the world and themselves through the astrological birth chart. There are three vital references of the astrological chart that are necessary to understanding the signs of the Sun, Moon and Ascendant.... [tags: Sun, Star, Sky, Poseidon]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- The day that the sun met the moon, was the day that I gave into the night. That morning I woke up to the familiar sound of the birds chirping and my mom cooking in the kitchen. The sun leaking through my window made me squint as I slowly come to. I pathetically dragged myself out of bed, yawning as I stood up. Immediately I noticed that I was drenched in sweat. I had sweat so much during the night that my oversized shirt was stuck to my body like glue. I peeled it off and jumped in the shower. Lately, there was only one option of water temperature, freezing cold.... [tags: Sun, Earth, Moon, Shower]
1576 words (4.5 pages)
- “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Buddha. In the book The Great Gatsby the theme is many people have something that they are not being completely honest about. In The Great Gatsby not everybody is telling the truth. Several people are hiding something, whether it is an affair or feelings toward someone. For example Tom was having an affair with Myrtle will he was married to Daisy. In this theme paper I will be showing a few examples of all the lying that happened in The Great Gatsby.... [tags: lies, karma, money]
652 words (1.9 pages)
- The Faux Moon Landing Theory July 20, 1969, in the midst of the Cold War, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins made history as the first humans to land on the moon. They returned home safely and America beat Russia in the race to get a human to the moon, one win in the great Space Race. However, some people think that they never went to the moon. According to conspiracy theorists, the moon landing was an elaborate hoax staged by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, or NASA, and the United States government to claim victory in the great Space Race, basing their arguments on photographic errors and the effects of radiation.... [tags: Apollo 11, Moon, Neil Armstrong, NASA]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- The field I am writing about is astronomy. Scientist has recently revealed secrets about the moon that had gone unanswered for billions of years. NASA sent the LUNAR CRATER observation and sensing satellite otherwise known as LCROSS to the moon on October 9th, 2009. LCROSS uncovered water in the Cabeus cater near the moons south pole. The moon has many secrets and LCROSS will aid NASA in uncovering, discovering, and decoding theses secrets. Data from other LCROSS instruments are being analyzed for additional information about the materials at the impact sight.... [tags: Astronomy, moon, ]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- Myths about the Sun and Moon The sun and the moon are powerful beings that bring life and death to all living creatures. They control when it is day or night, which season it is, and the weather. They fascinate humans and a considerable amount of mythology has been dedicated to the creation of the sun and moon and why or how they travel across the sky during the day and night. This paper will discuss and compare some of these myths and the gods attributed to their care and existence. The sun and the moon are such influential powers that the creation of them is right along with the creation of the world and humans in some of the better-known mythology.... [tags: essays research papers]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- The poem, "Sun and Moon," written by Jay Macpherson (b. 1931) is an excellent example of a great poem that its idea is expressed by the author using symbolism and allegory. The true meaning the author tried to get across to his audience was that a man and a woman or a brother and sister that are in love, can only be together when the time is just right. Characters that are in this poem, although they may not be very dynamic are very important to the theme. The two main, physical characters in this poem are the "sun," a.k.a.... [tags: Poetry]
401 words (1.1 pages)