Important ways of preservation. Hiring and training practices are one way used to preserve the culture and values of Brookshire’s. Each step of the training process reiterates the importance of the company culture (E. Platt, personal communication, March 22, 2014). The rotational process continues as the promoted employee trains a newly hired employee (E. Platt, personal communication, March 22, 2014). Promotions, rewards, and ceremonies seem innumerous the Brookshire company (E. Platt, personal communication, March 22, 2014). They include, but are not limited to the following: acknowledgments of promotion, retirement, and service milestones in periodical Brookshire Briefs magazines, branch and department awards, Aggressive Hospitality awards of various levels, a safe driver award, customer service awards from the Human Resource Department, and Hall of Fame awards from Tyler offices for retirees based on...
... middle of paper ...
.... Brookshire Grocery Company. (2006). In International Directory of Company Histories. Retrieved from http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Brookshire_Grocery_Company.aspx
Reynolds, E., Champagne, R. & Robinson, I. (2003, January/February). Brookshire Briefs, 12-32.
Reynolds, E., Champagne, R. & Robinson, I. (2003, November/December). Brookshire Briefs, 20-21.
Reynolds, E., Champagne, R., Robinson, I. & Lanier, S. (2004, May/June). Brookshire Briefs, 7.
Reynolds, E., Champagne, R., Robinson, I. & Lanier, S. (2004, July/August). Brookshire Briefs, 6-15.
Reynolds, E., Champagne, R., Robinson, I. & Lanier, S. (2004, November/December). Brookshire Briefs, 11-32.
(2013, August 8). Brookshire's food & pharmacy. Retrieved from http://www.brookshires.com/
(2013, August 8). FRESH by Brookshire’s. Retrieved from http://freshbybrookshires.com/
(1976). The Brookshire Story, 3, 3-23.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Brookshire’s Grocery Company is a privately held Texas based retail food chain that operates in Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas. The company’s corporate office and headquarters are located in Tyler, Texas at the Tyler distribution center. Brookshire’s operates under three distinct banners: Brookshire’s food stores which are full service supermarkets, Super 1 Foods stores which are upscale warehouse style stores, and FRESH by Brookshire’s which is a concept store. Brookshire’s Grocery is rated #193 on the Forbes America’s Largest Private Company List with revenues of 2.4 billion as of December of 2013 (Forbes, 2013).... [tags: food stores chaing, texas]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- ... Next, product quality is possibly the biggest factor when buying groceries. One of HEB’s main focus is getting the best product for their customers. On the perishable side of the store, HEB has a vast selection of high quality product. From the prime steaks to the all natural produce, HEB sells the best. On top of that, HEB is widely known to buy their produce, meat, and more from local farms which helps on keeping the product fresh. On the other hand, the quality of Walmart items are not as adequate as HEB.... [tags: Grocery store, Supermarket, Customer service]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- When I started my employment at a local grocery store in my hometown I never thought I would be part of an ever-changing workplace that experienced extreme change and conflict. Organizational change is a part of any industry even a family owned store. Learning about handling transformation is nothing like experiencing and witnessing it first hand like I have over the past several months. My current employer is a small, family owned, grocery store in the little town of Phelps. Wades Fresh Foods and Café is the child store of the original Wades Market Center that was located in Farmington.... [tags: Decision making, Employment, Grocery store]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- Brookshire Grocery Company, known for its commitment to excellent customer service, was established in 1938. The company began with one store in downtown Tyler, Texas under the name Brookshire Brothers. Soon after, the company changed its name to Brookshire Grocery Company and expanded to four stores in Tyler and Longview, Texas, which included the first air-conditioned store in East Texas (brookshires.com). Over the years, the Brookshire Grocery Company chain has grown to more than 150 stores throughout Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and, most recently, Mississippi.... [tags: essays research papers]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- History of retail. I have decided to explore the Grocery retail sector, researching the history of grocery to date, used my own knowledge of retail theory to develop my own idea of what has shaped the sector and have also analyzed current data and trends to predict the future of the major market players. Up until the early 1800’s, supermarkets in the UK were non-existent, and what is now known as the ‘grocery’ sector of retail, was also non-existent. As technology and science were no way as near advanced, as today, fridges and freezers were also non-existent, so most food were bought on a daily basis.... [tags: Wal-Mart, Supermarket, Grocery store, Food]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- We all like to enjoy a nice cold glass of milk with some chocolate chip cookies or juicy corn on the cob at a family barbeque. However, many of us do not know what we are truly consuming. This is due to the fact that genetically modified foods are not required to be labeled on the everyday foods that we consume. Now this leaves to question, “Who cares if food is genetically modified, it does not affect me.” Well if we take a deeper look into what genetically modified foods are and how they are affecting our society, we realize that we are in big trouble.... [tags: frankenfood]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- ... The same associations should consider how generational developments and their related mechanical wishes are obligated. 1.1C Factor Analysis Count down Paknsave new world Competitors . Count down is a New Zealand full-advantage supermarket chain and reinforcement of Progressive Enterprises, itself a helper of Australia 's Woolworths Limited. It is the greatest single general store chain in New Zealand in regards to number of stores, however the Four Square chain asserted by co-operator rival Foodstuffs - with operations essentially as business sectors or smaller marke... [tags: Grocery store, Supermarket, Trader Joe's]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- ... The company has a very friendly open-door policy and this is something that has worked in the favor of the company before, as many good ideas have come from various employees who have given their insights into the operations. This is why a good option for the company would be to train the employees to be managers so that once they are ready, they can be moved into various locations that require their managerial skills. This is something that would also be in in line with the company’s mission and vision.... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Managers require many skills, including conceptual skills, technical skills as well as human skills, to productively manage their employees. As a manager climbs the hierarchy of their organizations, learning soft skills becomes more important. This paper introduces the reader to a real world organization and ways in which four soft skills - organization learning, personalities, work motivation and stress - are being utilized within the organization to help them sustain a competitive advantage. Applying concepts of organizational behavior to actual organizations helps managers to learn about its various theories.... [tags: Grocery store, Management, Organization]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- ... In the clinical setting, it became apparent as an elderly individual that it was difficult to obtain the needed items due to the mobility and functional level of the client. It was most surprising throughout the experience, that the items needed to be bought could all be gotten on a relatively tight budget; one just needed to graze the shelves for the cheaper price. Furthermore, it was unanticipated that all items that were acquired were relatively inexpensive. On the other behalf, it was least surprising to find the availability of assistive aids such as a motorized cart and store personnel that were willing to help.... [tags: Supermarket, Wal-Mart, Grocery store]
733 words (2.1 pages)