1. Cultural Analysis
2. Brief discussion of Norway’s relevant history
I. Cultural Analysis
The company that will be exporting products to Norway is a packaging manufacturer. Their primary product is called the “water box” which is primarily made up of recycled paper and cardboard and specially lined inside to allow water to keep the same taste overtime and not absorb or seep through the boxes’ liner. The introduction of such a product to the rest of the world will allow countries to decrease their reliance on petroleum and oil to manufacture plastics and water bottles.
II. Brief discussion of Norway’s relevant history
Norway is a country known for it's pristine natural resources. Most of the water bottled in Norway currently is taken from glacier melt which run into natural fjords located throughout the country. Remote regions of the country contain some of the most pure and balanced water chemistry available. The pure water sources are prized but only a handful of bottled water companies operate in Norway.
III. Geographical setting
Norway is located in Northern Europe, bordering the North Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean. Norway has land borders between Finland to the north east and Sweden to the east. Norway is home to one of the longest coastlines in the world, much of which is unfriendly terrain. The coast spans around 16,000 miles and has a large amount of islands located off the coast.
The climate varies throughout the entire country with the western and southern parts being the most temperate climates because of their relativity to the coast. The northern and inland portions of the country experience the distinct four seasons ...
... middle of paper ...
...xperience from studying abroad.
Countries and Their Cultures. (n.d.). Culture of Norway. Retrieved April 30, 2014, from http://www.everyculture.com/No-Sa/Norway.html
(Statistics Norway)Statistisk sentralbyrå – offisiell statistikk om det norske samfunnet siden 1876. (n.d.).Forside. Retrieved April 29, 2014, from http://www.ssb.no
Solheim, John & Syvertsen, Trine & Smith-Meyer, Trond. (2013, November 19). Mass media in Norway. In Norwegian Encyclopedia. Retrieved April 28, 2014 from http://snl.no/Massemedier_i_Norge
FedEx - Shipping Guide - Import Guidelines. (n.d.). FedEx - Shipping Guide - Import Guidelines. Retrieved April 26, 2014, from http://fedex.com/no/shippingguide/importguidelines/?link=4#Documents
The World Fact Book - Norway. (n.d.). . Retrieved April 24, 2014, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the- world- factbook/geos/no.html.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Kingdom of Norway's Country Analysis Norway is one of the most developed countries in Europe. Although they are not apart of the European Union, their economy has bloomed due to good growth in the export markets and petroleum investments along with public sector demand and low-interest rates. Because they are the world's fifth largest exporter of oil and gas, this contributes to about a third of their revenue. Their good growth has also had a positive effect on other parts of the economy such as heavy engineering and shipbuilding.... [tags: Norway]
1407 words (4 pages)
- As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “We are students of words: we are shut up in schools, and colleges, and recitation -rooms, for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a bag of wind, a memory of words, and do not know a thing.” I know it is an understatement to say that all professors do this, but most do believe that every student has learned the subjects they are teaching, when in reality it is not like that. First, I believe that every student has a different way of learning and second, I believe that regardless of whether or not it has been taught before, it is one’s job to teach it because they are getting paid for it.... [tags: christian and humanistic approach, church]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- On the most recent list Reporters Without Boarders released in 2010, Norway was listed as tied for the number one spot for the country with the most freedom of speech (Press Freedom Index 2010). Since Reporters Without Borders has been compiling a list of the countries, ranking them from one to one hundred seventy-eight, for countries with the best freedom of speech; Norway has been tied for first in all years since 2002. It was only in 2006 that Norway lost its number one ranking and fell to being tied for the number sixth spot.... [tags: Human Rights, Norway]
1748 words (5 pages)
- Norway is a country that has tax laws that have been implemented on the companies that extract oil from their land. Norway uses a government based oil company called Statoil, alongside other companies, to extract the resource. They retain sixty-seven percent shares of that company and the rest are publicly owned. This company benefits Norway as a whole country. Norway owns shares in other companies bringing their total to about eighty percent of all oil in Norway. So why have taxes not been implemented on the oil companies in Canada to benefit Canada as a nation, instead of sole individuals, companies and foreigners.... [tags: oil companies, tax, norway]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- - Icelandic companies in Norway - What methodology to use to get an overview Table of Contents SUMMARY II 1. INTRODUCTION 1 1.1 ROLE OF EMBASSIES AND FOREIGN POLICY IN ICELAND 1 1.2 EMBASSY OF ICELAND IN OSLO, NORWAY 2 1.3 PROMOTE ICELAND 2 1.4 ICELAND’S EXPORT TO NORWAY 3 2. METHODOLOGY 3 2.1 METHODS IN SOCIAL SCIENCE 3 2.2 QUALITATIVE RESEARCH 4 2.3 INTERVIEWS 4 2.4 SAMPLING 5 2.5 ETHICS IN BUSINESS RESEARCH 5 2.6 ANALYSIS AND CODING 6 2.7 VALIDITY AND RELIABILITY 6 3. APPLIED METHODOLOGY 7 3.1 MY REPORT 7 3.2 OTHER SOLUTIONS 8 4.... [tags: embassies, foreign policy, business]
3248 words (9.3 pages)
- A Brief Overview of Walter Mitty In the short story, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber, many interesting fantasies occur in a way which brings the reader into a different world. The story switches back and forth from delusion to reality, dragging the reader into a life, perhaps similar to their own. In the beginning of this story, the first paragraph is a fantasy of the main character, Walter Mitty. It describes his life as a commander of an aircraft. An intense scene is displayed showing what Walter Mitty wishes would be reality.... [tags: Literary Review]
1559 words (4.5 pages)
- A Brief Economic Overview of the Housing Industry The housing industry has definitely been on the downswing since the summer of 2006. Home sales as well as house prices are down. Inventories of unoccupied homes have increased and there has been a recent decline in the employment levels of the housing industry. Many economists are of the opinion that we have not seen the bottom of the decline in the Housing Market', which is one of the most important factors of the American economy. Recent statistics indicate that there is an increase in mortgage applications; however, at the same time there is a decrease in permits and new-home startups that could affect the economy for several years to com... [tags: Economy Economics]
1873 words (5.4 pages)
- A Brief Overview of Feminism Feminism can be roughly described as a movement that seeks to enhance the quality of women’s lives by impacting the norms and moves of a society based on male dominance and subsequent female subordination. Although feminist literary writings began to gain popularity in the 20th century, feminist characters have been around for ages. “Feminist criticism’s self transformations over the past several decades as it engages with both critiques from within and encounters from without- encounters with psychoanalysis, Marxism, Post-Structuralisms, ethnic studies, post-colonial theory, and lesbian and gay studies- have produced a complex proliferation of work no... [tags: essays papers]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- Norway otherwise known as "Northern Way" is made up of 4,419,955 people and has an 0.44% Rate of growth. The birth rate is 12.9 births to every 1000 people. But just the same the death rate is 10.17 Deaths to every 1000 people. Net immigration rate is 1.64 migrants to every 1000 people. With that Norway occupies the western half of the Scandinavian Peninsula of Northern Europe. Norway has only land borders to the east , with Sweden , Finland , and the Soviet Union. The official language is Norwegian but with imigration there are many other languages spoken as in the US.... [tags: essays research papers]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Norway is one of the “three fingers” of Scandinavia, and is just larger than New Mexico. It covers 125,181 square miles. It is located in Northern Europe, bordering the North Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean. The coastline stretches 21,925 km. The population of Norway is 4.3 million and growing. The population is predominantly or Nordic (Scandinavian) decent. There is also a small minority (20,000) of native Sámis (Laplanders), who live mostly in the North. Many aspects of business and management in Norway are very similar to those of America including language and communication, power structures/politics, work ethics, food and eating habits, dress, and religious beliefs.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Genghis Khan an Example of a Visionary Leader
- Teaching, Tutoring and Training in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Symbols and Poetry in Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Coleridge
- Female Offenders in the American Criminal Justice System
- The Evolution of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Personal Connections in the Digital Age