"Joe must 've called her in early," she thinks, pouring herself a cup. She started to sit down at the table when the phone rings. She runs over to answer it.
"Mom, it 's Rachel. I need you to pick me up from the hospital."
"The hospital, what happened sweetheart."
"I fell and hit my head, the boss panicked, sent me to the hospital to get checked out. She didn 't mention the impact from the bullet made her fall because she knew Jeanie would throw a major fit. Worse than the one she 's already going to have.
"Are you alright?" She asks.
"The doctor said I 'm fine."
"This is the second time this week you 've been injured on the job."
"I know mom but."
"I wish you 'd go back to nursing. You 'd be a lot safer if you did."
"Not really mom. Drug addicts rob hospitals all the time, besides I like my job."
"I 'd rather you 'd be working at the hospital than chasing hoodlums around town all hours of the night."
"Will you come get me, please?"
"I 'm on my way." Plopping down in the chair Jeanie begins to cry.
"Please god don 't take her away from me. Please lord not agains" she bawls. Seeing her mother sobbing at the kitchen table, Emma races to her side.
"What 's wrong, mama?"
"It 's Rachel, she 's in the hospital."
"Oh my god, is she alright?" She asks alarmed.
"She said she 's fine."
"Why are you crying?"
"I 'm afraid I 'll lose her," she bawls.
"Oh mama, you 're not going to lose her."
"I hope not Emma. I love you both so much, and I don 't know what I 'd do without either one of you guys."
"We love you too," she says wrapping her arms around her sobbing mother.
Joe, the dogs isn 't picking up his scent anywhere....
... middle of paper ...
...punch," he laughs, as he continued to drag her to the van. Doubling up her fist she punches him in the nose.
"You 'll pay for that one, bitch," he spat, tightening his grip around her neck.
"Help me! Please, somebody, help me!" She screams, struggling to break free.
"Hey, what 's going on over there?" A man asks, running towards them. Seeing the intruder heading in their direction, the gunman pulls the weapon out of his pocket and shoots. The victim tumbles to the ground. Throwing the van door open, he tosses the hysterical woman inside. He starts to pull the sliding door closed when Emma brings her feet up and kicks him as hard as she can in the chest. The weapon flies out of his hands, as the kidnapper stumbles across the pavement. Jumping out of the van, Emma darts towards their apartment.
"Help me, someone please help me!" She screams, running to the apartment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Some machines can produce up to twelve cups. What’s more, your beverage stays hot in a hotplate or thermal carafe. Above all, your equipment will be easy to clean in a dishwasher or by hand. Why equipment with a built-in Grinder. I have bought traditional coffee makers. Although they had their pros, I cannot compare to modern appliances. The modern ones have automatic built-in grinders. They have made my work easier. Additionally, you could use them to make a cappuccino. The coffee is always delicious.... [tags: Coffee, Coffee preparation, Coffeemaker]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- ... My Bunn pot is made of glass, making for exceptionally easy clean up. The instructions say to use only Bunn coffee filters as they are higher than regular filters, but I just use regular filters and have never had a problem. My first Bunn, my wedding present, lasted for 6 years - a record at my house. I bought my second Bunn for $75 on sale and it is still going strong after 4 years. So it is well worth the money. The ONLY thing I would change about my Bunn Coffee Maker is its size. It is bigger than the space between my counter and the cabinet above, so I have to have it on a separate counter off to the side with no cabinet above.... [tags: Coffee, Coffee preparation, Coffeemaker]
1877 words (5.4 pages)
- Getting a great cup of espresso is a joy. The strong flavor of the brew and the creamy, rich crema cap is like nothing else. The best espresso machine under 200 will be a machine that has more of the luxury features than a lower cost machine. It will not have all the features of a far more expensive machine. What it will have are solid and well-made internal mechanics, an attractive exterior and a well-rounded set of features. These three machine are some of the nicer machines on the market at this price point.... [tags: Coffee, Espresso, Coffee preparation]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- Introduction Message selection, for the disciple-maker, is an all-important endeavor. Effective disciple making does not just simply happen. Happenstance cannot be and should not be the modus operandi of one who desires to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. People are fragile and the Gospel is powerful. God has entrusted his fragile people with a powerful Gospel message. As people who have been entrusted with such a powerful Gospel, we should do everything within our means to see that it is presented in a positive and successful manner.... [tags: christianity, disciple-maker, bible]
1383 words (4 pages)
- Some of the best beverages in the world are made using the humble coffee bean. I know that coffee, in all it 's guises, surely makes my life better. But understanding the difference between espresso and coffee or the difference between coffee and cappuccino can feel tricky at first. I know the first time I walked into a coffee shop by myself I was a little overwhelmed. I didn 't know the difference between latte and cappuccino, let alone the difference between mocha and latte. I was able to learn, eventually.... [tags: Coffee, Espresso, Milk, Caffeine]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- ... These were all suggestions from family, friends, acquaintances, and email blasts. Coffee filters can be bought at some Dollar Stores or Dollar Tree 's, and there can be a thousand coffee filters in one pack. Below find a list of great things you can do with coffee filters. It will save you money and time. (If you spend a little more money, you can also buy recycled or biodegradable coffee filters.) 1. Some dishes require yo to cover them when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.... [tags: Coffee, Caffeine, Coffee preparation]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Picture this, the alarm goes off at 5 am, you have to get up for work or school but you are mentally and physically exhausted from not getting enough sleep. What could start your morning better than the smell and taste of a large cup of coffee. Come time of the age 18, the reliance on coffee is significantly high in getting through the day. Does the majority of society actually take the time to sit down and think exactly what they are drinking. Is this beverage that we consume actually as good as we make it out to be.... [tags: Coffee, Caffeine, Coffea, Tea]
700 words (2 pages)
- ... Diversifying beyond a competitive UK market is another reason. As observed by myself and information online , currently in the China market, Costa Coffee adopts a very “personal” tactic, almost every Costa store is right next to Starbucks. This tactics is very similar to KFC and McDonald 's Case. This tactics, saves the cost, time and effort of market analysis and investigation. It also utilizes Starbucks in the minds of consumers preconceived position to help gain recognition and to promote their brand.... [tags: Coffee, Coffeehouse, Starbucks, Coffee roasting]
2554 words (7.3 pages)
- ... I purchased my Tassimo at Bed Bath and Beyond for $169.00. It is also sold at stores such as Macy 's and Best Buy. T-discs are available at the same stores. They are also available for order online directly from the Tassimo website, which is very convenient since shipping is free for orders over $30. Tassimo is an excellent coffee maker for anyone who enjoys a great cup of coffee. It 's also great when entertaining guests, I have found it to be quite a crowd pleaser. If you do purchase a Tassimo, remember to register your machine online at the Tassimo site.... [tags: Coffee, Coffee preparation, Coffeemaker, Espresso]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- Ken Sande's “The Peace Maker” A “biblical guide to resolving personal conflict”, this, in a nutshell is what “The Peace Maker” is all about. In this critical book review I will be taking topics from the book and giving the reader my personal views on how I either reacted or related to the topics covered. My goal for this paper is to give the reader a non-biased opinion of “The Peace Maker”, which was published by Baker Books in June of 2004. To first critique a book you must have some background information on the author himself and why he is qualified to write a book on conflict management through a biblical perspective.... [tags: Ken Sande Peace Maker Essays]
1445 words (4.1 pages)