“The national basketball team of Brazil and its players are well respected in this sport on an international level.”1 The NBA would do well to expand and send the Washington Wizards to Brazil. With a population of 194.9 million5, a GDP of $2.3 trillion5 and world ranking of 1008 and the sport of basketball ranking 3rd just behind football (soccer) and volleyball in popularity,1 this would be a great move for the NBA.
Other than the tension placed on our relationship with them by the NSA scandal. This nation is on the rise and has a strong democracy. There economy has sound management.4 Even with the recent issues faced in the relationship between out two countries there is a promising, albeit fragile, bilateral partnership that still remains.4 As of November 25, 2013 the currency exchange is 1 USD = 2.28742 BRL, which also means 1 BRL equals $0.44 USD. 7 Our Currency will go further in their economy and with a current growth of 2.7% and an unemployment rate of 6.0% 5 there is a potential for even more growth with this expansion into their economy. Even with the current corruption that has been undermining their economic freedom, here has been a response to mobilize against lax governance standards. 5
Washington has a large market size however it has lacked performance from the Washington Wizards. “The Wizards have the 5th largest ticket revenue increase between this season and the last — but they are still earning way below what we would expect.” 3 Although they are in what may considered by some as a bad conference they would do well to be relocated to Brazil and see an influx of Brazilian talents. After all the NBA has seen the talents from Brazil do well with Leandro Barbosa as an Indiana pacer, Nene w...
... middle of paper ...
4. Fransworth, E.. September 27, 2013. U.S., Brazil Search for Equilibrium in an Unstable Relationship. World Politics Review. Retrieved November 25, 2013, from http://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/13252/u-s-brazil-search-for-equilibrium-in-an-unstable-relationship
5. Index of Economic Freedom. 2013. Index of Economic Freedom. Retrieved November 25, 2013, from http://www.heritage.org/index/country/brazil
6. LatinBasket by Sports I.T. 2013. Brazilian Basketball Men. LatinBasket by Sports I.T Retrieved November 25, 2013, from http://www.latinbasket.com/Brazil/basketball.asp
7. The Money Converter. Retrieved November 25, 2013, from http://themoneyconverter.com/USD/BRL.aspx
8. Worldatlas explore your world. Retrieved November 25, 2013, from http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/populations/ctypopls.htm#.UpPGvqXvDwI
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Chicago Bulls, they have gone through many stages of success, including six championships with Michael Jordon’s Bulls. Michael Jordon in fact is the reason why most people know about the Bulls. The Bulls though do run deeper than just Michael Jordon, because before Jordon came to the Bulls the Bulls had to come to the NBA. The Chicago Bulls are one of the most memorable and historic professional basketball teams in history. The Bulls joined the National Basketball Association in 1965. Before this the Bulls had been known as the Chicago stags, the stags had been one of the best teams in the Business Basketball Association since 1946 and even played one season in the NBA before they folde... [tags: basketball, team, memorable]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- My journey on the basketball team Joining anything comes with a struggle, such as fitting in or trying to be the best. Basketball is a prioritized sport in my family. I always knew that as soon as I hit junior high it would be time to fulfill my family’s prophecy of joining a basketball team. I was not too thrilled of the thought at first. I decided to talk to some of my friends to get their view on it. Most of their responses were negative. I remember my best friend at the time had told me, “You can’t even do your hair and cut your nails, how are you going to play basketball”.... [tags: High school, Basketball, Middle school]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- It was 5 years ago, my eighth-grade year, I was scared and nervous about being the youngest girl on the high school basketball team. I had played basketball since I was in first grade and played on competitive teams with older girls but nothing had prepared me for what I was walking into. We started our first day of practice at 6:30 a.m. on a chilly October morning. Coach Gray sat us down before practice and went over all the many rules he had set for our team. After hearing all these rules and consequences I did not even want to breathe wrong around him.... [tags: Basketball, Game, Aerosmith, Figure 8]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Scenario A California local basketball team called Richmond Oilers is the worst team in which no players exhibit any respect to each other and have no discipline to act. They only won 4 games last season and lost the rest of all games. With the retirement of the former coach, Ken Carter, who played for this school in 70s and held several school record, takes over the head coaching job position. Upon the arrival, he obligates that all players who want to stay in the team must sign in a contract with him which states that they must meet the academic success by attending to all classes, sit in the front row, wear dress shirts and ties on game days and no late to the practice.... [tags: Motivation, Basketball, Coach Carter, High school]
1977 words (5.6 pages)
- In terms of this case study we know that a member of the Wellington boy’s basketball team is one of the starters of the team and could potentially be a great contributor to the team. We also know that he is Jewish and he cannot play any games from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday. He is able to play any other day besides Sunday and the days listed above. This student’s dad has been in contact with the basketball coach and explained why these changes are necessary for his child. After the parent contacted coach via email, the basketball coach responded back saying it wasn’t an option and there was nothing that could be done to resolve the issues.... [tags: High school, Education, Basketball]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Although I have not considered myself an outsider in many circumstances, I can think of some certain situations where I have felt different or left out in some way. Many times going to a new school or joining a new sports team causes you to feel a little overwhelmed. Taking on so many new things can lead you to feel quite out of place at times. When I decided to join the basketball team my freshman year of high school this was exactly the case. I had just began my freshman year which, is enough stress and struggle as it is.... [tags: High school, Basketball, Sports terminology]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Throughout my high school career, I have participated in two Varsity sports: basketball and track. Basketball is the most important sport that I participate in out of the two because I enjoy it the most. I have been on Varsity in track ever since I started the sport Sophomore year. I run track to keep in shape and due to the other athletes in the sport. I have been playing basketball since fourth grade. It has become a major part of my life and has made me the person I am today. I have learned many life lessons from this sport and about being a team player.... [tags: High school, Basketball, Varsity team]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- When I was just getting into high school, I jumped around groups a lot because there was not really cliques in high school. The one group that I was in was the football and basketball team group. We also all went to same parties and pretty much went every where in the school with someone from our group. Although all of us had the same physique whenever I noticed myself getting out of that certain physique which was having cut arms and abs. I would force myself to hit the gym and workout to get that physique every day.... [tags: High school, College, Homework, Basketball]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Brazil Introduction You probably heard of Brazil but, do you know much about it. Brazil is a beautiful place or country, in South America. It’s great for tourists’ sites; it has amazing land features, and especially cool culture and history. Brazil has a tremendous amount of nature and folktale. Brazil was found actually, over 8,000 years ago. The Portuguese were the first European settlers to arrive there. The journey was led by Pedro Cabral who began in the 1500s. When they finally got there they found Native Americans living there.... [tags: Brazil]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- In an article entitled “Resisting and reshaping destructive development: social movements and globalizing networks”, P. Routledge describes neoliberal development, “Contemporary economic development is guided by the economic principles of neoliberalism and popularly termed ‘globalization’. The fundamental principal of this doctrine is ‘economic liberty’ for the powerful, that is that an economy must be free from the social and political ‘impediments,’ ‘fetters’, and ‘restrictions’ placed upon it by states trying to regulate in the name of the public interest.... [tags: Brazil]
1298 words (3.7 pages)