Was Dexter born a killer or was he raised to be one? If the viewer really looks into the story of Dexter, Dexter was never born and programmed to be this way but was raised by his father to do such acts to be just. On an broad scale Dexter is an pretty unique character due to his goals and tactics, once he is really analyzed and studied thoroughly, he competes with murderers in the real world."I just know there’s something dark in me and I hide it. I certainly don’t talk about it, but it’s there always, this Dark Passenger. And when he’s driving, I feel alive, half sick with the thrill of complete wrongness. I don’t fight him, I don’t want to. He’s all I’ve got. Nothing else could love me, not even… especially not me. Or is that just a lie the Dark Passenger tells me? Because lately there are these moments when I feel connected to something else… someone. It’s like the mask is slipping and things… people… who never mattered before are suddenly starting to matter. It scares the hell out of me." — Dexter ("An Inconvenient Lie" Season 2 Episode 3). Dexter admits to the evil inside of him but he does not want to do anything about it, he feels as if the figure is the only thing that is the hope in his life. So what is influencing his life, his family, work, or relationships?
"My name is Dexter. Dexter Morgan. I don't know what made me the way I am, but whatever it was left a...hollow place inside. People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I've faked them all and I fake them very well. And that's my burden, I guess."(P.55) Dexter
experiences schizoid identity episodes, which is obvious all around the arrangement. Dexter appears to see himself as 'sincerely divi...
... middle of paper ...
Was Dexter conceived a slayer or was he raised to be one? On the off chance that the viewer truly researches the story of Dexter, Dexter was never conceived and customized to be like this yet was raised by his father to do such acts to be just. On a wide scale Dexter is a really extraordinary character because of his objectives and strategies, once he is truly investigated and considered completely, he contends with killers in the true world. Dexter concedes to the
malevolence within him yet he would like to make a move, he feels as though the figure is the main thing that is the trust in his life.
DePaulo, Bella M., and Leah Wilson. The Psychology of Dexter. Dallas, TX: Smart Pop, 2010. Print.
Wilson, Colin, and Donald Seaman. The Serial Killers: A Study in the Psychology of Violence. London: Virgin, 2007. Print
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I was born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida. My mother was born in Taiwan and moved to the United States to continue her education when she was in her mid- twenties. My father is from Fort Walton Beach, Florida. My parents have different cultures, and as a result they have completely different backgrounds. When I was growing up, I had a hard time reconciling these different cultures. It was difficult for me and my sister to know what to do in many social situations because our primary schema (our parents) would act completely different in similar social situations.... [tags: High school, Academic term, Art, Tenth grade]
1740 words (5 pages)
- I was born and raised in the beautiful city of Fredericton, New Brunswick. I have an older, twenty-year-old brother named Oliver who has now been living away from home for 5 years in order to pursue his hockey career. Given these circumstances, we still remain very close and continue to communicate every day. With my mother being French and my father English, they wished that I would grow up bilingual. That being said, they chose to enroll me in the local French school, École Sainte-Anne, which I attended from preschool all the way through to grade twelve.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Dog, Gold medal]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Steven was born and raised in a really bad negative environment. Since he was a child he would see his parents do illegal activities in front of him. As he started getting older and years started passing he started to interpret those negative behaviors to be normal in society. When Steven’s father got sentenced Steven felt with a lot of pressure on him. One of the main reasons he felt like that was because his father was a very well-known respected men in the Bronx. Not only that his father Tito was the leader of the Rollin 60 Crip Gang for a lot of years.... [tags: Gang, Crime, Bloods, Crips]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- School bell rings again. So many memories and sorrowful regrets of the past. I knew that living in a small town will be something totally different for me. Born to Brooklyn, raised in hell; I had no idea what I was doing in this deadly place in New Jersey, that announced new death every week. Alienated, I walked slowly to class, looking at jet black sky above me. Air smelled so fresh, so full of my personal agony, that in was unbearable to stay outside. Awkward steps, that didn’t seem to follow my insane mind, got me sooner or later to the classroom.... [tags: growing up, ]
2700 words (7.7 pages)
- People usually characterize me based on the way I physically look. They do this because I’m one of few people in South Florida that has red hair and pale skin. However, once people get to know me they see that I am beyond my outward appearance of this ginger girl, and that I have more depth to my existence. By getting to know me it is discovered that I attain a set of voracious qualities that may be perplexing to the average person. I describe myself as a person who enjoys material things, because quality products make me happy.... [tags: Culture, Europe, Person]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- I was born and raised in Hong Kong. I come to the US on my own to continue my studying after I finish my high school. My mom is a housewife and my dad is a businessman. My dad works in a printing company in Hong Kong. I have a elder sister who is 10 years older than me. She graduated in an university in New York. My parents are definitely the most important relationship in my life. They are always my motivation in my life. I started to go to school when I was 2 and a half and it is a pre-nursery.... [tags: Hong Kong, China, High school]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Chizie Esther Ogbonnia is who will be speaking about today. Everything that means so much to her will be spoken. To speaking about her family, to what schools she has attended, to her leisure’s, Ms. Ogbonnia’s life will be spoken about today. Born in the year 1996 in Houston Texas, Miss Ogbonnia was born and raised by Dr. Ken Ogbonnia and Nneka Ogbonnia. Being the first born amongst three other kids, Miss Ogbonnia always had a certain role to play. Anaeze, Otito and Mili Ogbonnia all had to listen to her, follow her and watch what she was doing.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College]
705 words (2 pages)
- Picture this: Think about a country where you are born and raised entire life. As part of daily lives, we have to work to feed ourselves as well in order to sustain our daily lives. Likewise, your are life is going pretty well.One day, after your finished work, you came home to eat dinner, take a shower, and then you slept. As tomorrow sun rises, Unfortunately, you heard noises of people shouting and banging at home by saying ”open your door, you have to move another country you can stay anymore here” At this moment, What you do.... [tags: United States, High school, Personal life]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Being born and raised in a developing country has its own pros and cons. I belong to a middle class Muslim family form Karachi, Pakistan. Growing up, I realized that challenging our own society and culture, as a young aspiring woman, would be no less than a battle. I am lucky that my Father never considered me less than his son. He once said, said “ I will never stop you from dreaming, Instead, I will always stand beside you to make sure your dreams come true”. It was not a norm for girls to leave the country for education.... [tags: Physician, Hospital, Medicine, Medical school]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Bullying is a word that is frequently heard and seen in all kinds of media; newspaper headlines, on TV, Facebook and all other forms of social media. It is common to read that a teenage girl commited suicide due to bullying. Bullying is everywhere: in schools, at home, on the internet, in the streets and even in the work place. Bullying is referred to as a specific form of injurious violence, related to short and long term emotional hurt. Bullying can take a number of different forms. The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development’s Building Respectful and Safe Schools (2010) recognize four types of bullying: physical bullying, verbal bullying, hidden bullying and cyber bullyin... [tags: Bullying Essays]
1813 words (5.2 pages)