While exploring the blog, The KinderKids Classroom, I learned how to help Kindergarteners create their own blog. The students that are a part of this classroom have a blog for their classroom and their own personal blog. They teacher uploads the students pictures, writings, and other works to be shared with followers of the blog. Students get to help decide which of their works is uploaded and they get to see their work published online. While reading and exploring the blog, Fun In First, I learned about many new concepts and ideas for my future classroom. My favorite was an organizational tool for writing called, Write The Rainbow. Mrs. Southard created this idea and shared it on her blog. The teacher laminates five pieces of colored paper, red, orange, yellow, green, and blue. Each color stands for something different. red stands for main idea or topic, orange, yellow, and green all stand for details, and blue stands for closing or wrap up. Students can write a sentence that corresponds with the color on each piece of paper. This organizer helps students see their stories come together, and shows the different parts of a story.
In the future, I hope to have my own prof...
... middle of paper ...
... people that are tweeting about the same educational things that I am.
Over the course of this lab, I had to look at tools that I am already familiar with in a new light. I do not think about using these tools in an education manner every time that I login to Twitter, read a blog, or listen to a Podcast. This lab helped me realize that many of the tools that I use in my everyday life, could be tools that I use in my classroom. During this lab, I was able to learn new things about these tools that I thought that I already knew all about. These tools will not only help my students learn in the future, but can help me start to prepare to become a teacher now. I can continue to read these education blogs, follow the accounts, and listen to Podcasts on education topics to educate myself and become a better teacher and life long learner.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Beginning in Fall 2011, The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) will be switching their Learning Management System to BlackBoard version 9.0 from an older Campus Edition of WebCT. This change is necessary as WebCT was acquired by BlackBoard in 2006 and the product is no longer supported at the level needed by a large community college like CCBC that offers over 300 academic courses online per semester. BlackBoard 9.0 allows the faculty to integrate blogs into the online course environment.... [tags: Educational Technology ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- The Function of Blogs There are so many things one could do with the relatively new medium of blogs. They can be almost anything a person wants: a journal, a compilement of links, a scrapbook of information, or even a discussion board. The only definition I've seen that can encompass it is that they are postings in reverse chronological order. Blogs are the newest Internet craze, but do they serve a purpose. Early on, experienced web users, who knew web-programming language, kept blogs to keep track of their mind’s wanderings.... [tags: Internet]
1811 words (5.2 pages)
- The Usefulness of Blogs "Think of a weblog as a journal of one person's explorations as he or she cruises uncharted sectors of the Net, reporting on the interesting life-forms and geological formations (Frauenfelder)." Weblogs, or blogs, are rapidly growing among the cyber population of today. There are many reasons that people use blogs, whether for business, to maintain a relationship, or as a source of therapy for problems that occur in a blogger's life. Most of the blogs that I have observed over the past few weeks have been the equivalent of an online journal.... [tags: Internet]
2147 words (6.1 pages)
- Blogging for Change History itself has always fundamentally been encompassed by the history of writing. Before writing there was no history, but ever since then writing has shaped it in complicated and far reaching ways. The progression of writing, from simply a method of counting left to the elites in society to a universal communication system that allows people to share and explain ideas, has had tremendous historical implications. With the invention of the computer, came the Internet and in turn the web log.... [tags: Internet Online Communication Essays]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- The Use of Blogs in Business When you think of blogging what comes to mind. For me it is a bunch of people venting their problems to a large mass of people. They are keeping sort of an online journal. .When in fact Blogger wasn’t even invented for that purpose. Evan Williams the CEO of Pyra, the company that created Blogger said the following, "We never really designed Blogger as a tool for keeping your diary. I've always encouraged and really liked the more professional ones."(Propson) “For quite a while, everyone was fascinated by this phenomenon called blogging.... [tags: blogs]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- Keep It on the Track Everyone speeds every now and then or drives a way that does not obey the rules of the road. I have a pretty good experience of not obeying the traffic laws, such as flipping my mother’s car or even speeding up to 130 mph, and sometimes drag racing on open road. After a bunch of tickets and raising my insurance rates I came to see that I should keep the reckless driving on the track. I always seemed to not learn from the first mistake when it came to driving, after my first car accident you would think I’d learn to obey driving laws.... [tags: consequences for reckless driving]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Science has invented many technologies today, which have made global village. We can see that people use vary types of social media blogs in their day to day life, which has removed distance from one place to another place. Even they use these blogs to expand business, which avails to get profit in short time without rush in their daily lives. Big company can easily reach to consumer and sell their products and get more profits. In addition to this International Company, they use blogs like Twitter, Facebook to advertise their products.... [tags: social media, blogs, platforms]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- ... What 2 powerful forces converged in the 90s that Walmart took advantage of. How did they take advantage of them. How has this changed the retailing business. What factors most contributed to the decline of Rubbermaid from 1994 to 2004. There are several factors that contributed to the decline of Rubbermaid from 1994 to 2004. The cost of production for producing Rubbermaid products increased greatly which resulted in the price of resin to shoot up. However, the producers had to demand more from the retailers to keep up with the standards of the profits.... [tags: telson, low prices, producers]
589 words (1.7 pages)
- What Are Blogs. When I decided to write about blogs I thought I would use a traditional and simple method of arrangement: what is a blog, where did they come from, what are people doing with them as far as writing instruction goes and then say a bit about what I’ve done with them and why I think they are a promising form of writing pedagogy. But I quickly discovered that people have yet to fully agree on a single definition of a blog. I also discovered an intense amount of hype and gripe. There are those who think the blog will take over the world, and others who think that will be a bad thing.... [tags: Definiton Internet Blogs Paperes]
2868 words (8.2 pages)
- Blogs: Fad or Here To Stay. The question is, are blogs here to stay or are they just a fad. To answer this question, one must understand what a blog is exactly. There are many definitions for a blog. One source defines blog simply as “an online Journal (Glossary of Terms).” That is one of the less complex definitions. Another source wrote “Contraction from the term Web Log. This is an online diary or journal which is published and shared with others on the web by an individual, who is known as a ‘blogger’.... [tags: Blog Blogs Blogging Weblog Web Log]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Medical Marijuana Should Not Be Legal
- The Clinical Manager Of The Assisted Living Facility Affiliated With Volunteers Of America ( Voa )
- Eating Cheap And Unhealthy Food Stereotype
- Insurance Coverage : Health Care Coverage
- Women Of Hinduism : A Religious And Cultural Tradition Of India
- Wal Mart 's Goals For Great Value And Great Customer Service