Black|Up cosmetics specifically targets women of color. According to Audrey N’Gadi, a Black|Up representative, the brand targets “black and mixed women aged 25 to 35 years old who search for a brand with expertise and products specifically tailored to match their needs” (Griffin). The brand caters to a multitude of black women with different skin tones. The key to their success is the marketing strategy behind this brand. Part of the reason the makeup industry has neglected women of color is because they are unsure how to market to this group. Most marketing strategies involve using a famous women of color like Lupita Nyong’o, to help sell to women of color. The marketing is diverse, but the products are not. The rise of the internet provided black women with a platform to voice their frustrations. Acknowledging and understanding this frustration allowed Black|Up to become a global success. Their marketing strategy taps into the frustrations of women of color.
First, Black|Up offers itself as the first and only luxury makeup brand catered to black women. It is a high-end, professional cosmetic line (The Independent). It is unique because within the beauty industry there is not a luxury high-end brand that specifically caters to black women. Brands like Estée Lauder offer a mu...
... middle of paper ...
...keting campaign towards black women, one of the pitfalls of this brand is that it is no longer black owned. In 2009, founder Bernard Fabric Mahabo stepped down as General Director of Black|Up (Brown). Today, Lionel Durand, a French native, is the current CEO of the brand. With black consumers becoming increasingly eager to “buy black,” this revelation could threaten US sales. In response, Durand reaffirmed that a “stellar team of black makeup artists and research and developmental professionals” still create all products (Gray). Thus, the brand is still designed for women of color by women of color. In this new age of trying to reach everyone, Durand notes that there are no boundaries. He notes that the brand has “a huge community of Arab people using our products because we have the right shades” (Schaefer). Therefore, hinting at an expansion towards other markets.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are no cast-iron guarantees that your share prices will increase any time soon, but there are certain indicators that often show up prior to share prices going up. It is just like seeing dark clouds in the sky and assuming it may rain soon. 1 - It has been a flat line for the last five years A good shares investor is able to look at the stock ticker for a company and see that it has been at the same price for the last five years without worrying. A good shares investor will not be tempted to sell shares that have been at the same price for years because it is a waiting game.... [tags: Stock, Stock market, Bond, Share price]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- When the Black Panther Party first opened its doors on October 15, 1966 in Oakland, California. The organizers did not know what kind of affect the Black Panther Party would have in the coming years. In their book Black Against Empire: The History and Politics of the Black Panther Party, Joshua Bloom and Waldo E. Martin, JR. describe the origins and actions that lead the Black Panther Party to disband in 1982. The authors explain that the Black Panther Party made it hard for the United States government to make sure that business was going along smoothly and that they created a far reaching crisis that required states to make concessions in order for the peace to be restored.... [tags: Black Panther Party, Huey P. Newton, Bobby Seale]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Imagine after years of searching you found that one person, your one true love, to spend the rest of your life with. Both of you are deeply in love with one another and want to celebrate your commitment by getting married and raising a family. Both of you go to get your marriage license only to be told by State officials that you do not qualify for one because you are both from the same sex. Unfortunately, this was the hardship that most same-sex couples in America faced every day for the past several decades.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- A Research of Same Sex Marriage Legalization A traditional marriage took on a role of saving men and women from being sinful, sharing love, and of procreation. The institution of marriage has not changed through many years of history. Many people hold the view that regardless of how people enter into matrimony, marriage is a bond between two people that involves responsibility and legalities, as well as commitment and challenge. However, different people have different opinions about marriage.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1995 words (5.7 pages)
- The American nation was founded on the principles that were viewed as inalienable by our founding fathers; life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. For most American citizens these rights are granted to them as long as they continue to abide by the laws and standards of their communities. However, there are citizens who pay their taxes and remain within the boundaries of the law who are continually denied these rights. Rights that the founders of this country went to war with Britain to guarantee to each and every American.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- The issue of same-sex marriage has come into the spotlight this past decade. Gay rights activists argue that every couple deserves the right to be marries; however, there is a significant amount of opposition from Christians, who believe marriage should only be between a man and a woman. As of April 2015, there are 37 states in America where same sex marriage is legal (“Gay Marriage”). There are many branches of Christianity that are against gay marriage, such as Catholicism, yet some branches have recently shown support and acceptance of it.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- The issue of same-sex marriage was an extremely controversial topic within Ireland. However, all controversy was put to rest when on May 28, 2015, the predominately Roman Catholic Republic of Ireland became the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote. Additionally, the issue divided the population of Ireland into to two corners those who were pro-family versus those who were pro-marriage. Pro-family citizens opposed the marriage equality referendum and the pro-marriage side supported it.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage: The Impact Same-Sex Marriage a legal union of two individuals of the same gender. From the Freedom to Marry campaign to TV shows like Modern Family, the movement to legalize same-sex marriage in America has risen over the years and continues to spark controversy. On the show Modern Family, Mitchel and Cameron play two married, gay fathers who adopt and raise Lily, a Vietnamese orphan. Like most actual father, they both dote on their daughter, push her to succeed and provide her with a happy home.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Every time the topic of same sex marriage is touched, different opinions are brought up. It is a very controversial subject. Until a few weeks ago it was against the law to be married with someone whom you share the same sex with. Now that it’s legal will it be right to the eyes of many individuals in our surroundings. Perhaps not. What are future problems that we will be facing now that it is legal or which one will we not face. Comparing the norm many of us have grown up to and the changes that we will possibly undergo after a social change.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- Attend the tales beyond anyone’s imagination; often told to a young generation, the story of the tooth fairy or Santa Claus always seem to come to an end at an appropriate age. Yet, unidentified flying objects are always left to the individual to be unsure of throughout their lifetime with no definite proven answer. Why are UFOs disregarded by government officials so often. Why are the people who spot the UFOs laughed out of a room. Obviously, the people that the world depends desperately on to protect us, are keeping a secret they feel may lead to chaos.... [tags: Space Exploration ]
1299 words (3.7 pages)