The original trailer was recorded even before a script was written because White and Sanders had to shoot it to raise money for the film. It incorporated scenes from old blaxploitation movies with old voice overs from Adolph Caesar. The trailer was shot on Super 8 mm film for around $500. White and Sanders showed it to Jon Steingart who told them "Oh my God. Okay, we can raise the money for this."
After they were financed the writing of the script took about three weeks. They worked independently until they realized Sander's script was on the wrong track, he was able to contribute more in the rewrite. During the writing process Minns' almost "encyclopedic knowledge" of the blaxploitation helped them write the script faster.
The cinematographer Shawn Maurer shot the film in Super 16 Color Reversal Kodak fil...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The invention of dynamite was the most important explosive ever made and the process of making buildings a lot faster. There are many uses for dynamite including fishing. The reasons why dynamite was invented and who is the person who invented dynamite. How dynamite is made to make a great explosion. Dynamite impact on American society and the whole world. Why the creator of dynamite was thinking about making a explosion like dynamite. The positives and the negatives about the invention of dynamite.... [tags: Dynamite, Nitroglycerin, Explosive material]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Mise-en-Scene in Napoleon Dynamite In Napoleon Dynamite (Jared Hess, 2004), the character known as Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder) is quite a unique fellow. His quirkiness and eccentricity are what make him as a character; they are the primary traits of his personality. Keep in mind, however, that he is not the only odd character in the film, but he has his own peerless way of defining himself separate from any other character(s). This effect is achieved through certain cinematic techniques that director Jared Hess utilizes in order to bring out Napoleon’s persona in ways other than simply “guessing” who he really is.... [tags: Film Movies Napoleon Dynamite Cinematography]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- Just in Time (JIT) manufacturing, also known as the Toyota production system (TPS), is a way to reduce flow times within production system, response times from suppliers to customers, and capitol needed to produce goods. JIT Manufacturing originated in japan during the 1960s and 1970s and mainly at Toyota. Alternative terms for JIT manufacturing have been used. IBM used continuous-flow manufacturing (CFM), and demand-flow manufacturing (DFM), and Motorola 's choice name was short-cycle manufacturing (SCM).... [tags: Lean manufacturing, Toyota Production System]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- The cost of the production process is an important consideration, it not only affects the final price, but also affect people and their audience acceptance. With the development of the industrial revolution, more and more products into the homes of ordinary people. For mass production of products, cost control becomes more and more important. Meanwhile, technology development and innovation become more and more attention as well. Every technological revolution will increase the production capacity level and the cost will be cheaper.... [tags: Henry Ford, Assembly line, Mass production]
1503 words (4.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Tea is a beverage made from the leaves of the shrub Camellia sinensis, consumed all around the world. It is prepared by mixing the leaves in the hot or boiling water. The origin of tea is believed to happen in Southern and Eastern parts of China, Assam region of India, Myanmar and Tibet. But, the country that extensively started the cultivation of tea was China for thousands of years(Chakraverty, 2003; Mohammad, 2011). There are two varieties of tea, Camellia sinensis sinensis from China and the second variety, Camellia sinensis assamica coming from Assam of India (Harler, 1964).... [tags: Black Tea Production]
3076 words (8.8 pages)
- Any production line involves some form of inspection; the most basic form is manual visual inspection. This kind of inspection is not always the least expensive or the most reliable. For example, metal sheets are monitored visually by trained personnel, which require a very slow production line for reliable detection and to insure the inspector’s safety. Such systems are very costly due to the slower production speed; they are also labor intensive and labor dependent and need to be a separate stage to avoid production line interruptions.... [tags: Production]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- 2. Production method For the heat pump the production method used is also batch where it is inexpensive to make a certain number of everyone item especially in one go, this is because so that machines can be operated more efficiently, and then also the materials can be stocked in bulk so that the workers can specialise in that specific task to perform. Batch production is a quality standard technique used in manufacturing industry, we chose this because the product is then created stage by stage with a number of workstations, where different batches of the product are made.... [tags: Manufacturing, Production and manufacturing]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- “The large ideas that influence intellectual and aesthetic movements are...first introduced into the community of writers and artists through philosophy. Philosophical texts codify the definitions and the boundaries for the concepts that have influenced Western thought, art, science, and politics since the days of Plato and Aristotle…” -Art Berman, Preface to Modernism. John Merriman’s Dynamite Club succeeds in a portrayal of the decadence and injustice of a fin-de-siècle Parisian society of bourgeois capitalists, which fueled the expansion of anarchist ideology and even dyed its destructive creed with tints of virtue and righteousness.... [tags: John Merriman, book analysis]
2054 words (5.9 pages)
- The late 1700’s and early 1800’s were a very pressing time in history regarding slavery and tobacco production. There were numerous altering opinions on these topics, and some were voiced better than others. The people that were more concerned with these issues wrote articles about them. The first article was written in 1775 when a traveller wrote about the effects tobacco production on the land in Virginia and Maryland. About twelve years after that, Thomas Jefferson wrote his article on his thoughts of slavery and how he believed that blacks were naturally inferior to whites.... [tags: Black people, Slavery in the United States]
1033 words (3 pages)
- My entire life I have been fascinated with film and commercials. As a kid, I would stop what I was doing to watch a commercial. This has not changed through the years. My goal in life is to work in the film industry and work with video. This may have developed from my brother’s short term love for the video arts. Like most little brothers I followed in his footsteps through a lot of things and most of them would not stick. As I grew older I developed my own different ideals and likes. But, video just stuck with me.... [tags: Film Production]
503 words (1.4 pages)