The OFBiz is a free software enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that provides a continuity of enterprise applications that integrate and computerized many of business processes of enterprises. It is a software under Apache Foundation at top level project with a framework which provides a data model in common and a rich set of business process . The OFBiz project is a collection of many of directories and files, organized well to allow for easing download, the start-up, the customization, and enterprise deployment. All applications are built around a common architecture using data, logic and process components in common. Beyond the work structure itself[2, 11, 17] .Apache OFBIZ offers functionality as including:
Agreements with accounts, Invoicing, General Legder,Vendor Management,
Catalogue and Product Management
Facility and store management
Inventory Management, computerized stock replenishment.
Content management system
People and Group Management
People and sales management
Work Effort Management
Electronic point of sale
Scrum software development support
OFBiz is a well structured set of "objects" that may, at the user 's discretion, be mixed, harmonized, restructured, and improved with new artifacts to arrive at just about any business solution imaginable . As open source software project that includes:
• Its own database schema and seed data already loaded and ready to run.
• An event-driven Service engine that enables code to be used across the entire instance. Services may be written in Java language or any other supported language, like Groovy,...
... middle of paper ...
... is that we get constant feedback from those who use the software. We have received countless bug fixes, improvement suggestions, and best example business advice from users and ability of users of OFBiz. Many of the greatest characteristics in the project were pushed by some comment and suggestion sent to the mailing lists associated with the project. It takes to the future for flexible communication with other systems that are constructed on the same common architecture or standards, both inside your business and in partner or other organizations. The applications and its components that come with the system provide us with a broad and flexible basis that can be used as is with the best examples basic designs, or customization according to what special you need. The applications facilitate the management of everything from many parties and products to accounting.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Information Technology/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Technology is continually changing and the need for advanced information technology is becoming an essential requirement for businesses today. In fact, businesses are more dependent than ever on technology as it becomes increasingly utilized. As technological capabilities are increased, the need for capable, compatible systems dramatically changes. The days of pre-electronic communications are gone and have been replaced with the demand for advanced systems.... [tags: Enterprise resource planning]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- In today’s business environment most companies are looking to cut costs, increase productivity and streamline processes. When working on a BoB, Best of Breed, strategy companies can select the best system for achieving a specific business process to achieve the desired result. This leads to lack of connectivity among the company trying to piece together disparate softwares. ERP, Enterprise Resource Planning, can make streamlining data between departments, regions and employees very simple; it creates a unified system for large companies to work on.... [tags: Enterprise resource planning]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- The era of big vendors dominating the enterprise market may not be over quite yet, but new players are rapidly improving their ability to compete against large corporations such as Microsoft, Oracle and Cisco are still leading the way when giving companies solutions in managing technology to stay connected with their customers, suppliers and their people. Throughout this paper I will identify different solutions that will help promote business to operate at a higher efficiency. With the use of technology we analyze present employer and find out ways to make the business environment better.... [tags: Enterprise resource planning, Management]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Wacoal Corporation’s business decision to adopt the Extensible Business Reporting Language – General Ledger (XBRL-GL) system is paramount to the success of the company in conducting its business more efficiently and effectively. XBRL-GL is beneficial because it gives “the advantages of a global, standardized language for business reporting to improve internal-as well as external reporting and enhance decision makings” (Dallavia & Garbellotto, 2015, p. 53). It is already equipped with the Extensible Markup Language (XML), so the company can also “create, exchange, and analyse financial reporting information but not limited to, regulatory filings such as annual and quarterly financial statemen... [tags: Enterprise resource planning, Implementation]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Project: Integration of the enterprise resource planning with federal enterprise architecture The project, which I assessed is the federal enterprise architecture. Out of the four methodologies, the federal enterprise architecture is the architecture which is used in the federal government of the United States. As, in the federal government, they are several individual federal agencies come under the state-federal department for delivering the primary outcomes a) service delivery b) functional integration c) resource optimization d) authoritative reference.... [tags: Enterprise resource planning, Management]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Outsourcing Enterprise Resource Planning Products and Services In recent times the outsourcing of ERP applications has become a trend; however, the process is loaded with risks. The cognizance of issues in outsourcing of ERP products and services are exceedingly important for a global IT manager. Chauhan, Dwivedi, and Sherry (2012) compiled a list of significant factors in ERP offshoring. The first crucial factor is the senior management’s role, because the ERP implementation faces a lot of inter-organizational resistance.... [tags: Enterprise resource planning, Management]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Rainforest started 10 years ago in a small warehouse staffing five employees, creating specialty widgets for its clients. Dedication to delivering the best possible experience for its customers has allowed Rainforest to grow substantially with retail outlets in 22 different states within the U.S. The recent acquisition of XYZ widgets, an online widget retailer, has poised Rainforest to expand into a global market. The acquisition and consolidation of two software of two software systems, including the expansion into a global market will present a challenge to the leadership of Rainforest, but these challenges can be handled in an effective and efficient manner using an ERP (Enterprise Resour... [tags: Software Systems, Global Market, Rainforest]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- 1 What problems had the YIOULA Group’s stand –alone legacy software created for the company. They could not estimate the cost for production the group, synchronous side to side its factories. They had a problem with improving their effectiveness and how it relate to its purchase and their finance in management across all its plants. So they growth and position or extended wasn’t continued into a new market areas. Without any doubt the legacy for stand-alone applications was very important to be replaced.... [tags: Enterprise resource planning, ERP software]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Walmart was created by a man named Sam Walton in 1962. Walmart was founded on the belief to offer reasonable prices and great service in one place. The employees are nicknamed “Walmartians” which makes them stands apart from any other company. This culture is accountable for a company of this magnitude to be able to endure an innovative spirit decade after decade. Walmart has been connected with the achievement of other companies over the years. They also have many lawsuits, overtime policies violations, and been held accountable for thrashing other companies.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- TBWI Mission Statement A mission statement is a marketing tool that states the organization's purpose (Rouse, M., 2013). TBWI mission statement should be brief, clearly states the purpose of TBWI, and provide a description of what customers and the public should know about TBWI (Rouse, M., 2013). TBWI Mission Statement: The Best Widget Inc. (TBWI) mission is to be the leading virtual organization in the world. TBWI uses information technology as a tool to improve the organization productivity and efficiency.... [tags: Enterprise Resource Planning]
1314 words (3.8 pages)