Johnny cash was born February 26, 1932 in Kingsland Arkansas. His original name his parents gave him was J.R. Cash but later changed it to john R. cash. John had a big family and grew up always with someone to hang around with. John had six other brothers and they all lived and helped on the family cotton farm. His family was very poor due to the effects of the depression and it was very difficult for his family just to get by. But thanks to the current president Franklin Delanor Roosevelt he gave the family land to farm and help the economy grow and get out of the depression. John joined the air force and served as a radio operator in Germany. When Johnny left the air force he married his first wife Vivian liberto and had four daughters. Though he loved his daughter’s john always longed for a son to take his name. John worked in appliances and went to radio announcer’s school. At that time Johnny cash signed to sun records and began recording songs. John had always been a songwriter and even began learning how to play guitar at the young age of nine. John recorded his songs alongside some of the greats like Elvis Presley and others. When john’s contract ended he moved to...
... middle of paper ...
..."Johnny cash song lyrics." A-Z lyrics. N.p., 16 Apr. 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
Cash, Johnny, and Patrick Carr. Cash: the autobiography. San Francisco, CA: HarperSanFrancisco, 1997. Print.
Kakutani, Michiko. "The High Times, and the Hard Ones, of a Gritty Musical Outlaw." The New York Times. The New York Times, 1 Dec. 2013. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
"Johnny Cash Biography | Rolling Stone." Rolling Stone. N.p., n.d. Web. .
Harden, Lydia Dixon. "Cash, Johnny." World Book Advanced. World Book, 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
"JOHNNY CASH: Keeps It Simple - American Songwriter." American Songwriter. N.p., n.d. Web. .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Johnny Cash is easily one of the most recognizable figures, not only in country music, but also in American culture. His story has been recounted in numerous books and movies, and his life and legacy have continued to live on long after his death. Cash’s life and career took many twists and turns from his earliest exposure to music, to his rise to fame, and his lasting influence on society and music. Cash remains a pervasive figure in the history of music. Johnny Cash was born “J. R. Cash” in Kingsland, Arkansas on February 26, 1932.... [tags: Johnny Cash, Country music, Elvis Presley]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- June Carter Cash helped Johnny cash quit using drugs and also helped him stop drinking. June carter was Johnny cash’s second wife after Vivian liberto and she too was a musician like Johnny cash. “June and john met in 1956 backstage at an Elvis Presley show”. (JOHNNY CASH) They went on touring together and john and June grew fonder of each other. Finally at a show in front of thousands of fans June carter agreed to marry john after he proposed to her on stage. They both lived happily for thirty-five years and they also had a child together named john carter cash.... [tags: music, june carter, drinking, columbia records]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- Most of us know of Johnny Cash, the Man in Black. But do we truly know who he is, the legend in the darkness. Not many are able to answer with a solid yes. Some can say he was a great country performer, being completely unaware of how his music, as well as his image, had a tremendous impact on their own lives, including the music they listen to. Johnny Cash was an influential person in American history because his “Man in Black” image helped solidify his place as a music writer and performer, he was able to rebound from the depths of drug addiction, and he pioneered many different genres of music although he was a country singer.... [tags: Biography]
2221 words (6.3 pages)
- June Carter Cash helped Johnny cash quit using drugs and also helped him stop drinking. June carter was Johnny cash’s second wife after Vivian liberto and she too was a musician like Johnny cash. “June and john met in 1956 backstage at an Elvis Presley show”. (JOHNNY CASH) They went on touring together and john and June grew fonder of each other. Finally at a show in front of thousands of fans June carter agreed to marry john after he proposed to her on stage. They both lived happily for thirty-five years and they also had a child together named john carter cash.... [tags: biography, musician]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Johnny cash, the man in black is a country legend, him and the Tennessee two, made a name for themselves in the mid 50's. There orignal songs where gospil, but when trying to get a record deal was turned down for the gospil ,but then played a song Johnny cash wrote. The first hit was "Cry,Cry,Cry", other hits were " i walk the line","folsom Prison blues" , and others such as " man in black"" Hey Porter", and " get rhythm". Johnny cash marride his early wife Vivian Liberto in 1954, and moved to Memphis, Tennessee.His band The Tennessee two consited of Luther Perkins and bass player Marshall Grant.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash", the well-known, traditional, and famous words used by Cash before every show he ever played. Johnny Cash was a musical icon who positively impacted not only country music, but other genres as well. John R. Cash (Johnny) was born in1932 to a poor family in Kingsland, Arkansas. Born the fourth of seven children, Cash began working beside his siblings and parents on cotton fields at the age of five (Johnny Cash Columbia). This is where his musical influences began. His mother, Carrie Rivers Cash, would sing hymns and other inspirational music to her children while they would toil long, hot days farming cotton.... [tags: musical icon, the tennessee trio]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Two of the biggest names of 1950s music are Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley. These men helped the music industry become what it is today. Cash did it with a deep, genuine, southern voice, while Presley had the women swoon over him for his quick feet, charisma, and smooth voice. While both had their problems with drugs and alcohol, they managed to have extremely successful careers within the music industry. Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash combined for a total of thirty-one number one hits. The two have sold close to two billion records worldwide along with many gold and platinum records, and a plethora of Hall of Fames inductions and awards.... [tags: music industry, country, rock and roll]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Country music is one of the most popular genres of music throughout America. There are many influential figures that have changed the way country music sounds, and how people interpret it. Two important people who have made a huge impact on country music overtime are Johnny Cash and Luke Bryan. From their early life, their career, and how society views them, they have opened the minds of people and country musicians all over the country. Johnny Cash’s songs help people to experience his life growing up through the Great Depression and how people lived back then.... [tags: country music, influencial figures]
2023 words (5.8 pages)
- Al Capone was one of the most notorious gangsters in American History. He was born in 1899 in Brooklyn, New York to Gabriel Capone and Teresina Capone, poor Italian immigrants. Capone lived a conventional childhood, his father a barber, and his mother a seamstress. Al Capone lived in Brooklyn with 7 siblings in a tenement, but later moved to the outskirts of brooklyn to a better home. He was a good student in school, but ended up having to retake sixth grade because he was falling behind. One time he was being reprimanded by one of his teachers and he struck back, then the principle gave him a beating, resulting in Al Capone quitting school at the age of 12.... [tags: Al Capone, Bugs Moran, Johnny Torrio]
1059 words (3 pages)
- 1. Write a two-page paper on Johnny Cash. Why do you think he became so popular? Johnny Cash was a popular guitarist, author, singer-songwriter in America. He was born in February 26, 1932. Johnny Cash also grew up in the family have 7 children. After his family moved to Dyes Colony in northeast Arkansas. When Johnny Cash was a little kid, him and his sibling worked in his parent’s farm to helped them out with the cotton and seasonal crop. Johnny Cash’s intelligence of music must be developed by his family background.... [tags: Country music, Grand Ole Opry, Johnny Cash]
1955 words (5.6 pages)
- Climate Change In Australia
- Global Village and The Online Activism Era
- Arabizi Code-Switching in Computer-Mediated Communication: A Literature Review
- Rosa Parks, the Mother of Civil Rights
- Censorship in Music is a Violation of Constitutional Rights
- The Rope Ladder: A shifting Symbol in Kobo Abe’s The Woman in the Dunes