Did you know that the richest man in the world is Bill gates? He currently has a net worth of 96 million dollars. Bill Gates is the inventor of the global software giant, Microsoft. About 48 percent of computers around the world are running Microsoft Windows. Windows is the #1 biggest software company in the world. This Report contains information on Bill Gates, and his life's story.
Bill Gates was born and raised in Washington. Bill Gates started Programming at the age thirteen. He began programming at Lakeside high school in Washington, His first computer program was a tic-tac-toe game. Bill grew up in his upper-middle class family. His family includes His mother (Mary Maxwell Gates), he spent a lot of time with her, His Father (William H. Gates Sr., a lawyer), his parents were worried about Bill's social behavior, and his sisters (Kristianne and Libby [Kristianne is older].) His parents were strong believers in public education.
Bill always strived for excellence. Bill always loved strategy and board games. Bill Gates also was a great reader. He spent most of his time reading and programming. Bill Gates was always a good student. Later on he would often times would brag to his teacher saying,"I'm going to be a millionaire by i'm 30!", and he ended up being a billionaire by age 31. Bill Gates was.Bill Gates was soo smart that he was bored with school. Bill Gates got an SAT score of 1590 out of 1600.
Bill most of his free time on the computer at school. When a company funded a computer rental that you had to pay for minutes, Bill hacked the program and got unlimited minutes. Later Bill offered the company to debug it for them. I his senior yea...
... middle of paper ...
...75, Bill called the computer company, MITS, Bill offered to develop the software for their first personal computer, the Altair. When 1976 rolled around, Bill and his friend Allen, registered their trademark: Microsoft. And in 1978, their sales exceeded one million dollars. Microsoft Windows 95 was launched in 1995, also in 1995 Internet Explorer was created. Gates stepped down from his position as CEO of the company in the year 2000, he gave the chair to his former college roommate, Steve Ballmer.
In conclusion, Bill Gates is the richest man in the world. Bill is also the creator of one of the biggest software company in the world, Microsoft/ Microsoft Windows. He has his own Charity, and has given over 23 million dollars to assorted charities. Gates went to Lakeside School and went to Harvard U for two years. Bill Gates Started programming at the age of thirte
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When people think of a hero they think of Superman, Batman, or Spiderman, but what they should think of are people that make difference. Bill Gates has made a huge difference in today’s world; he is an extremely successful entrepreneur, an active philanthropist, and a very motivated person in general. With this motivation he has and will accomplish anything he puts his mind to. He was CEO of Microsoft and became the richest man in the world. He also created one of the most credible and generous charitable organization in the world.... [tags: Biography, Bill Gates]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- ... He and his friends would even miss class to hang out in the computer room, and by eighth grade, he was making money programing computers. Almost a dozen Lakeside students became programing pioneers. Gates was a self-teaching kind of kid and by age 13, he had taught himself computer programing. The Lakeside programmers or Students Club was formed for Gates and some other kids with the same passion of his. Gates was kicked out of the club because he was two years younger and was thought to be immature.... [tags: Microsoft creator and entrepeneur]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction to Bill Gates Bill Gates was born on October 28th, 1995 in Seattle, Washington. He attended Harvard University in the years 1973-1975. Gates has a family of his own; he is married to Melinda French and they have three children together. William Henry Gates II who is an attorney and Mary Maxwell who is a teacher are the parents of Bill Gates. In 1975 he cofounded the Microsoft Corporation, built his software company into one of the most successful businesses in the world, and established himself in the process as one of the world’s wealthiest men.... [tags: multibillionaires that changed the world]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. His full name is William Henry Bill Gates. Bill was known for his for inspiration and success. Through out his life he had different things going on. Bill Gates family is known for high quality wealth. Bill showed his brilliance earlier in life, so his mother and father put him in a private school in Seattle. He would spend hours in the computer room at the high school because he loved it. After the years have passed, he was getting good at computers and loved them.... [tags: Microsoft creator, famous billionaires]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- ... Later Bill offered the company to debug it for them. I his senior year Bill and Paul Allen were in charge of the computer lab. Sometimes they would disagree and Paul would ban Bill from the lab. Bill also Created a payroll program that him and Paul hacked into later. At age 15 Bill went into business with Paul and made a program called "Traf-O-Data", the program would monitor traffic patterns in Seattle. The boys netted $20,000 for their efforts. Personal Information Bill Gates’ zodiac sign is Scorpio.... [tags: microsoft, richest man]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Microsoft is an extremely lucrative company. It would be nothing without Bill Gates. He knew that even the best hardware was not worth much to people if they did not know how to use it (3). He wrote software to make sure the computer could do what people wanted it to. Microsoft succeeded for two reasons. It was focused on designing software product that preformed well and was easy to operate (3). Gates’ stubborn pursuit of perfection pushed the Microsoft team to improving their products. By 1995, a Microsoft operating system could be found in 80% of the world’s PC’s.... [tags: modern learders and successful entrepreneurs]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- Biography of Bill Gates William (Bill) H. Gates, he's a man of few words, many ideas, and he’s the richest man on Earth. Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle Washington. His father was an attorney and his mother was a school teacher. (Bill Gates, 1) Bill excelled in school, at Lakeside a private school. (Dickson, 91) At Lakeside he got his first encounter with computers, and it’s there that he first learned to program. Lakeside had a pretty big budget so they bought a computer for the kids to play on.... [tags: Papers]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- What does it take to become a cultural icon. Through the perspective of the world today, just a few of the basics might be fame, power, IQ, and enough motivation to utilize it all. But did we forget something. Perhaps. How about all of that, and also enough money and power gobble up any and every company that may stand in your way. This is especially true if you happen to be the CEO of an $18-million company called Microsoft, and even more so if you bare the name “Bill Gates” on your VISA card.... [tags: essays research papers]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Bill Gates William Henry Gates, also known as “Bill”, has established himself as the richest man in the world. He is the youngest self made billionaire, and perhaps the best businessman in the world. As you read along, you will learn what Bill Gates’ accomplishments were, what his beliefs were, and why this topic is so important. Bill Gates is important because not only did he change the computer technology in America, he also became the biggest, strongest, richest and the most powerful company in the world.... [tags: Biography Biographies Gates Essays]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Bill Gates Bill Gates, cofounder of the Microsoft corporation, holds 30.7 percent of its stock making him one of the richest people in the United States. He was the marketing and sales strategist behind many of Microsoft's software deals. Their software became the industry standard in the early 1980s and has just increased in distribution as the company has grown, so much that the Federal government is suggesting that Microsoft has violated Sherman and Clayton antitrust acts. Bill Gates' first interest in computers began at Lakeside, a private school in Seattle that Gates attended.... [tags: William H. Gates III Biography Essays]
1642 words (4.7 pages)
- Learning Styles: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences
- Questions and Answers About Partnerships and Uncorporations
- The Distinction Between an Unfair Prejudice Petition and a Statutory Derivative Action
- The Meaning of International Multimodal Transport
- An Act of Workplace Violence
- Black Journalists in the Civil Rights Movement: Never in My Wildest Dreams, Belva Davis