Al Capone was a child from an Italian immigrant family, And was one of the most Notorious and infamous Mafia leader in the world during the Prohibition Era in Chicago. Also he was known as "Scarface," Al Capone was sent to Alcatraz Prison in Philadelphia in 1931 from a tax evasion conviction. Al Capone had a personal fortune estimated at $100 million and was responsible for countless murders, His most famous one was the St.Valentine’s Day Massacre.
Al Capone was born in Brooklyn, New York, on January 17,1899. He was the fourth of seven sons and two daughters. His parents, Gabriel and Theresa, were one of thousands of Italians who arrived in New York in 1894 for a better living. The early Capone was slashed with a knife across his left cheek by a young hoodlum in a restaurant , For harassing a woman, prompting the later nickname ‘’Scarface.’’Then Capone met a gangster named Johnny Torrio, who taught Capone how to build a corporate empire. Torrio moved from New York to Chicago in 1909 to help run a giant brothel business. In 1919 Capone joined Torrio’s James Street Boys gang in Chicago, Where he had become an Influential Lieutenant in the Colosimo mob. In 1925, Al Capone became boss when Torrio was seriously wounded in an assassination attempt, surrendered control and retired to Brooklyn. As Prohibition began, New bootlegging operations opened up and drew in immense wealth. Capone started running gambling, prostitution, and gunning down rival gangs. Capone kidnapped opponents, election workers and threatened voters with violence. Later he eventually won office in Cairo but then his brother frank had been killed in a shootout with the Police of Chicago. Capone left for Miami with his wife and children and bought Palm Island estate,...
... middle of paper ...
...25, 1947 when he died of cardiac arrest at his Palm Island palace-in Biscayne Bay,In Florida, Just eight days after his 48th birthday.
Al Capone will be remembered not just as ‘’Scarface,’’but as one of the greatest gang leader of Chicago. Still 67 years later he is remembered by movies, cars, and the famous Tommy gun. Al Capone is most famous for his cruel moments and our most famous loving, warm hearted holiday but cold hearted. ‘’St.Valentine Day Massacre!.’’One of his famous quotes were,
I have built my organization upon fear.
You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
PBS,PBS,n.d. Web. 27 Feb. 2014.
‘’Al Capone Biography.’’ Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 26 Feb. 2014.
‘’Al Capone Bio.’’ Al Capone Bio. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Feb. 2014.
FBI. FBI, 21 May 2010. Web. 27 Feb. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Capone’s family lived a modest suburban home but would spend huge sums of money. The American public was fascinated by his lifestyle and wealth. The public also loved how he rose from nothing. “For some of the American public, Capone was a symbol of the Horatio Alger success story, a poor immigrant with an entrepreneurial spirit who pursued the American Dream” (U.S. v. Alphonse Capone). It was every American’s dream to be able to create a wealthy lifestyle for themselves. Capone came from a poor immigrant family and was able to rise the ranks.... [tags: gangster, gambler, street brutality]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Al Capone was an Italian criminal working the streets of America. He started his life with petty crime in Brooklyn, New York. After escalating his way up in Brooklyn, Capone moved to Chicago for bigger and better things. There Capone had prominence supremacy as one of the giant bootlegging forerunners. His collected and composed ways, made crime into a business that we see in today's mafia. Capone changed crime into a profession, which in turn made it a business. The word mob or mafia is a title that is often heard.... [tags: Biography]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Al Capone was possibly the largest and most feared mofia boss America has ever seen. This 1920’s gangster made his mark on the world through organized crime during the Prohibition era. He is solely attributed with Chicago’s reputation as a lawless city. Alphonsus Capone was born on January 17, 1899 in Brooklyn, New York. As a child he was a member of the Brooklyn Rippers and the Forty Thieves Juniors “kid gangs.” Capone quit school at age fourteen in the sixth grade. He worked a few odd jobs in Manhattan in a bowling alley and a candy store.... [tags: Biography]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- “When I sell liquor, they call it bootlegging. When my patrons serve it on silver trays on Lake Shore Drive, they call it hospitality.”-Al Capone [Woog, 25] Al Capone was one of the most notorious gangsters during the 1920’s. He was a self-made business man. He had a ready smile and a quick handshake, which if you did not play your cards right, could turn out to be fatal. It took 500 gangland murders to make Capone the boss of Chicago. He was public enemy number one. Capone single handedly gave Chicago the nickname “The Lawless City.” Alphonse Capone was born in Brooklyn, New York, on January 17, 1899.... [tags: Biography]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- “By Instinct Capone Was A Heartless Mindless Killer” Considered the most notorious gangster in history, Alphonse Capone, otherwise known as Scarface Al, was born in New York, 1899, in a small apartment in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. Having many run-ins with the police growing up, he was always around the local street gang led my Johnny Torrio. After beating one of his sixth grade teachers, he quit school, and quickly learned the way of the streets, joining the Torrio gang, call the James Street Gang.... [tags: Biography]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Al Capone was the son of two poor Italian immigrants, which at that time in history meant you didn't matter, so he had to find guidance with the only people that took an interest in him but unfourtnally for him it was some of the biggest mob leaders in New York. Even with that kind of influence hard to believe that a once soft spoken, intelligent kid from a good family would grow up to run a major city with blood, bullets, and booze. First, Capone's lack of tolerance for authority and people who didn't respect him was obvious from a young age.... [tags: Biography Mafia Capone Scarface]
1690 words (4.8 pages)
- Al Capone Throughout America's history there have been many famous criminals, John Dillinger, John Gotti, Lucky Luciano, just to name a few. However, due to his extreme wealth and Godfather like status, the most notorious and famous one might have been Al Capone. Alphonse Capone was born in Brooklyn, New York on January 17, 1899 to immigrants from Naples, Italy. At a very young age, he became involved in organized crime by quitting school after sixth grade and joining a local neighborhood gang.... [tags: Criminal Crime Convict Al Capone Biography Essays]
680 words (1.9 pages)
- Al Capone is one of America's most feared, greatest-known gangsters and the utmost symbol of the fail of law and order in the United States during the 1920’s Prohibition era. Alphonse Capone was born on January 17, 1899, in Naples, Italy. He and his family later immigrated to the United States. They settled in Brooklyn, New York (“Capone, Alphonse”). Al Capone was a ruthless, violent, horrifying gangster. He was very organized and set on his high income. In 1920’s and 1930’s, Capone was the most important leader of organized crime (Mayo).... [tags: Biography]
691 words (2 pages)
- Alphonse "SCARFACE" Capone Born in New York City, in 1899, by parents Gabriel and Teresa Capone, Alphonse Capone was blessed with a historical blend of ruthless gangster in his blood. Al Capone's parents immigrated to the United States in 1893, from Naples, Italy. Al Capone came from a huge family. He was the fourth oldest of nine children. At birth, Capone's parents never would have believed that their son, Alphonse Capone, would grow up to be a murderous thug without remorse. As a child, Al Capone was very wise when it came to living on the streets of New York.... [tags: Biography]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Crime Causation Al Capone The ultimate symbol of a gangster rule is a man the name of Alphonse Capone, nickname Al Capone, who dominates the Chicago underworld crimes: such as illegal gambling, prostitution, and alcohol during prohibition. Capone's life of gang activates at a very young age, created a multi-million dollar empire of crimes in Chicago. He has been referred to as one of the most notorious criminals of all time. (Stockdale 45). He was a smart businessman, good family man, and a generous person, that lived the life full of murders and other crimes.... [tags: Biography]
1872 words (5.3 pages)