So why does American know who Bill Gates is, well he is the man the made Microsoft popular. He is the pioneer you can thank for creating the modern day desktop; a computer that was affordable for most people and can do other functions besides making programs, like searching the internet and gaming. Bill Gates is the reason almost every computer in the world has Microsoft word and PowerPoint on it. Without Microsoft words to be the foundation for the todays word programs, we could still be relying on technology like the typewriter to do our papers, and the environment would suffer due to the extra amount of trees needed to be converted into paper to write with. He is the reason your dell, hp, alien ware, or any other windows computer runs (omit apple), thanks to his invention of the Microsoft Windows series of programs. Children remember him because of the invention of the Xbox, one of the most successful inventions to come from Microsoft. For a little over 10 years now the Xbox has been the gaming c...
... middle of paper ...
... of the “Salwen family, who sold their home and gave half the money to charity and bought a smaller house with the remaining balance. The Gates invited Warren Buffett and Mark Zuckerburg to pledge to agree to donate at least half of their wealth over to charity over a period of time (Thorpe).
After seeing all the good this man has done it would be hard to say that he is not at least in the top 5 of people with the most impact on the world. Thanks to all his efforts both in the US and oversea, Bill Gates has definitely improved the lives of not only the people of the developing countries, in regards to health, technology and education. But he has also helped everyone else in the world with the technology he has designed. Bill Gates without question impacted the world, and we should all be thankful to him and follow him in how we look at money rather then idolize it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bill Gates has had a mammoth effect not only in America, but also the world. Bill Gates is the man people credited for creating the success of Microsoft, and the Xbox gaming console. However, Forbes magazine says, “The world will remember Bill Gates”(Forbes). Yes, the world will remember Bill Gates not because he was the richest man in the world for 14 years straight (Forbes), but because of all his efforts overseas and how he encourages other wealthy people to share their money with the less fortunate.... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose." -Bill Gates (Bill 1). Microsoft Windows, as of October 2013, is used by approximately 85 percent of all laptops and desktops worldwide (StatCounter 1). The Windows operating system is the pride and joy of the programmer, inventor, and co-founder of Microsoft, William Henry Gates III. His impact on the world has been astronomical resulting in many advancements in science and technology that just wouldn’t have been possible without him.... [tags: Microsoft, technology, Windows, business]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Technology has evolved rapidly in the past decades and has impacted society in both positive and negative areas. Specifically, the educational setting that has embraced technology by providing teachers with a variety of tools such as computers and LED projectors to engage students in the material. In addition, many schools have provided students with their own laptops to use during the school year to develop the technological, critical thinking and cooperative learning skills to compete in our global developed society.However, as teenagers develop more computer skills,they pay less attention.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
2441 words (7 pages)
- In 2010 Common core was first implemented in Kentucky through local school districts; later accepted by forty-one other states, the district of Columbia, four territories, and the Department of Defense Education Activity. Nine of those areas have reported doubt in common core and expressed interest in reverting back. Many believe those states only accepted the curriculum due to the large amount money provided to the states and schools that accepted. 4.35 billion dollars was offered in the stimulus package that went along with the program.... [tags: Education, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1052 words (3 pages)
- In 2010 Common Core was first implemented in Kentucky through local school districts; later accepted by forty-one other states, the district of Columbia, four territories, and the Department of Defense Education Activity. Nine of those areas have reported doubt in Common Core and expressed interest in reverting back. Many believe those states only accepted the curriculum due to the large amount money provided to the states and schools that accepted. 4.35 billion dollars was offered in the stimulus package that went along with the program.... [tags: Education, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- ... On the other hand of Education, Ken Robinson opens up about another perspective of Education involving students. He touches base on dropout rates and compares States in the US to Finland. In Finland, they have no dropout rates and have higher scores in Education than the United States. He believes the source of the problem is the way students are taught because they are not given the opportunity to be able to explore, be diverse, and engage in curiosity. He makes a point by explaining that testing should be helpful, not dominate the future of a child’s success.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, Bill Gates]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- The American dream to many is the social climb of classes and accumulation of wealth. For some it is just maybe getting their dream job or getting into their number one college. Everyone has dreams of what they want to be or do when they are older. Many have no clue if they are making the right decision, but some are so determined that nothing could get into their way. Some people just have dreams of doing something they enjoy but never really imagine it going that far. All major companies started off as ideas that someone had and decided to make it into a reality.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- Bill Gates People, nowadays, spend many of their time with technology, working or having fun. One of those people who has contributed to technology is Steve Jobs, who created Apple Inc. which revolutionized the computer and mainly tablet industry with its amazing features. As equal as important as Steve Jobs, Marc Andreessen lead the creation of NCSA Mosaic, the web browser that transformed how we think about the World Wide Web. Additional to that, Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web, which changed the way people communicate, work, study, and play.... [tags: microsoft, bill gates, ibm]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – A Tradition of Giving Both the Gates and French families instilled the values of volunteerism and civic engagement. Our families believed that if life happens to bless you, you should use those gifts as well and as wisely as you can. ¬– Bill and Melinda Gates In 2000, the founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda French Gates, founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also known as the Gates Foundation. The Gates Foundation has a diverse global presence with its headquarters in Seattle, Washington and other offices in India, China, Europe, Middle East, and several regions in Africa (Foundation fact sheet, 2015, para.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Bill Gates Leader Report My favorite leader is William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates to most people. Bill Gates is a computer engineer and world-class entrepreneur. He founded Microsoft Corporation in 1975 with a high school friend named Paul Allen. The leadership role that he serves is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation. Up until 1998, Gates was CEO of the company, but he relieved himself of those duties, and currently is only a software architect and serves on the Microsoft committee.... [tags: Bill Gates]
1327 words (3.8 pages)