To become one of the most influential people in the world, Gates had to have the work ethic and determination to get there. With great work ethic he started, as a child, with debugging computers for local people in his town (“Gates, William Henry, III” 1). This also started his love for computers, and as he researched and started figuring computers out he became more skillful with them. After he started debugging computers, he began to dabble in writing software programs, his first program that he and his friends made was a computerized payroll system for his high school (“Gates, Bill” 1). He and his friends then proceeded to make more complicated programs, such as Traf-O-Data, which was a traffic counting program that Gates and his partner Paul Allen sold to the city they lived in for $20,000 when they were just fifteen years old (“William H. Gates” 1).
Another activity that Gates and his friends used to enjoy was going through their local software company’s garbage, looking for discarded software programs. When they found these progra...
... middle of paper ...
... caring he is; he donated much of his money to save millions of lives so to make the world a better place. People look up to him for many things, but this is the most noble and beneficial, which turns an influential person into a quintessential role model for millions of people.
Bill Gates, a positive person and role model, has done much for this nation and world with his motivation, ability to learn, and positive attitude. He is one of the most successful people alive because of all that he has achieved, and all that has done.
As a child he was just as motivated, with his software engineering and business savvy, as he is as an adult today. He has achieved so much, the status of entrepreneur, business man, and philanthropist. He continues to surprise the world with his accomplishments and will not stop; he is someone to look up too, a modern day hero.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bill Gates not only in America, but also the world has caused a mammoth effect. Bill Gates is the man people credited for creating the success of Microsoft, and the Xbox gaming console. However, Forbes magazine says, “The world will remember Bill Gates”(Thorpe). Yes, the world will remember Bill Gates not because he was the richest man in the world for 14 years straight (Thorpe), but because of all his efforts overseas and how he encourages other wealthy people to share their money with the less fortunate.... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- Bill Gates has had a mammoth effect not only in America, but also the world. Bill Gates is the man people credited for creating the success of Microsoft, and the Xbox gaming console. However, Forbes magazine says, “The world will remember Bill Gates”(Forbes). Yes, the world will remember Bill Gates not because he was the richest man in the world for 14 years straight (Forbes), but because of all his efforts overseas and how he encourages other wealthy people to share their money with the less fortunate.... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- The Three-Fold Influence of Bill Gates Bill Gates is one of the most powerful, famous and wealthy people in the world. He is also one of the biggest philanthropists who are responsible for giving away billions of dollars to worthy causes and people in need all over the world. As a self-made businessman and founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates has had more influence over the basic aspects of peoples ' lives than almost any other person in the world. These three factors of wealth, philanthropy, and invention mean that Bill Gates, for me, is one of the most influential people in the history.... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Bill Gates Leader Report My favorite leader is William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates to most people. Bill Gates is a computer engineer and world-class entrepreneur. He founded Microsoft Corporation in 1975 with a high school friend named Paul Allen. The leadership role that he serves is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation. Up until 1998, Gates was CEO of the company, but he relieved himself of those duties, and currently is only a software architect and serves on the Microsoft committee.... [tags: Bill Gates]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- ... Source 3 Boardroom Insiders, Inc. provides more of a biography on Bill Gates. This document breaks down in detail Gates’ personal life, attributes and interests; current focuses for Microsoft, challenges and unique highlights about the overall biography. The format in which this document is written starts off with his early years, his parents’ influence, what position Gates stands in Microsoft today, to future plans for the company. 1. Source 1 Cusumano describes that Gates saw the future in computing when he dropped out of Harvard University in 1975.... [tags: Bill Gates, Microsoft, Bismuth-209, Steve Ballmer]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Bill Gates's Leaderhsip A Visionary Leader: Traits If we are talking creativity and ideas, Bill Gates is an American unoriginal. He is Microsoft's chief and co-founder, he is the world's richest man, and his career delivers this message: It can be wiser to follow than to lead. Let the innovators hit the beaches and take the losses; if you hold back and follow, you can clean up in peace and quiet. Gates is the Bing Crosby of American technology, granted he is an unusually hard-driving and successful businessman.... [tags: Management Leadership Bill Gates]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Bill Gates William Henry Gates, also known as “Bill”, has established himself as the richest man in the world. He is the youngest self made billionaire, and perhaps the best businessman in the world. As you read along, you will learn what Bill Gates’ accomplishments were, what his beliefs were, and why this topic is so important. Bill Gates is important because not only did he change the computer technology in America, he also became the biggest, strongest, richest and the most powerful company in the world.... [tags: Biography Biographies Gates Essays]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose." -Bill Gates (Bill 1). Microsoft Windows, as of October 2013, is used by approximately 85 percent of all laptops and desktops worldwide (StatCounter 1). The Windows operating system is the pride and joy of the programmer, inventor, and co-founder of Microsoft, William Henry Gates III. His impact on the world has been astronomical resulting in many advancements in science and technology that just wouldn’t have been possible without him.... [tags: Microsoft, technology, Windows, business]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Bill Gates is known as one of the richest entrepreneurs in the world. He is responsible for creating the largest computer and technology business in the world, Microsoft. In the company’s early days, no one would have thought that it would change both America and the world from that point on. Gates and his company have created both computers and software that has revolutionized everything in America and the world. What is more amazing is the company continues to grow and revolutionize the ways in which Americans live out their lives.... [tags: American Dream]
2305 words (6.6 pages)
- Bill Gates When one thinks of computer software, one must think of Microsoft. In fact if you use a computer, chances are that you will have some type of program on there that is developed by Microsoft. The CEO, chairman, cofounder, and owner of 147 billion shares of Microsoft is Bill Gates. William Henry Gates III was born in the midst of a scenic Seattle on Thursday, October 28, 1995 to his parents Mary and William Henry Gates Jr. His childhood was uneventful and was well raised. He went to Sunday school at the Congregational church and sang in the choir.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
959 words (2.7 pages)