My favorite leader is William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates to most people. Bill Gates is a computer engineer and world-class entrepreneur. He founded Microsoft Corporation in 1975 with a high school friend named Paul Allen. The leadership role that he serves is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation. Up until 1998, Gates was CEO of the company, but he relieved himself of those duties, and currently is only a software architect and serves on the Microsoft committee. He currently is involved in all the new creations of new Microsoft technology and products. Microsoft is currently the most powerful computer company on the face of the planet. They create everything from video games and personal pc’s to even cell phones. Bill Gates is also well known for being one of the richest human beings on the face of the planet.
Bill Gates was born October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. He has two sisters, his father William H. Gates II, who was an attorney, and his mother Mary Gates who was a schoolteacher. He married on January 1, 1994 to Melinda French Gates, and currently has three children. He went to a public school until the seventh grade, when he enrolled in Seattle’s private school, Lakeside School. At Lakeside School, Gates met Paul Allen, who would later be the co-founder of Microsoft. At the age of thirteen, Bill Gates was first introduced to computers and the different program languages. Lakeside School purchased a Teletype machine which was connected to a mainframe over the phone line. This school was one of the very first in the entire country to allow students to have access to computer devices. Students at Gates’ school convinced a local computer company...
... middle of paper ...
...or everyone to use. He is one of the largest technological leaders in the world. He has shown me that positive thinking and a creative mindset can be spread out all throughout a corporation and across the world. To this day, Microsoft is creating new forms of advancements in technology, and never settling for just good enough. Gates strives on effectiveness and efficiency. Recently, Gates has also shown me that it is okay to step down from a high position to instill trust in others. He is still high up in his corporation, but he has bestowed power unto others to lesson the workload on himself. Bill Gates’ computer skills and vast improvement in the technological world will be studied for many years to come.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Once technology was introduced into the world, it changed the face of politics. It opened many more doors to stretch politicians beliefs across the nation, but it also pushed the scrutiny that many politicians fall under. There are sources, thanks to technology, that are open to any bias opinions on any political leader. The main source is the internet as well as television, which can lead to untruthful stories or an over exaggeration of details. The most powerful use of the media during political campaigns would have to be the general reporting of mass media.... [tags: Voting, Election, Hillary Rodham Clinton]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Its three main areas: • Teaching. The foundation supports hard work to fair and thorough teacher comment with the goal of identifying areas in need of improvement as well as areas of success. • Learning. Gates takes the goal of the common basic to become part of the form of schools in the United States. The foundation supports classroom material development and achievement that not only increase the students learning and understanding the abstractions , but also those that help teachers and students work together to ease critical thinking skills .... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- ... Finding new and innovative ways to improve the school system is beneficial to the country as a whole, even if it only starts with a small group. Even if their system doesn 't work for every school, it 's worth a try to encourage others to be open to new ideas for improvement. Helping impoverished families and improving school districts that lack the funding to do it themselves, gives renewed life to the community as a whole. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation wants to empower future generations, and it 's so important to the future of our country that they are all given the chance to succeed at life.... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- What is a hero. Do they put the bad guys in jail and make the community a better place. There are many ways to define what a hero is and who is worthy to be called a hero. Bill Gates is an international hero. Son of a successful lawyer, and whose mother was a businesswoman, expectations for Bill were surely high. Since the age of 13 he created several programs some that included hacking his school’s computer system, and some for his school, which included one that was able to collect every teacher’s attendance.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- The American dream to many is the social climb of classes and accumulation of wealth. For some it is just maybe getting their dream job or getting into their number one college. Everyone has dreams of what they want to be or do when they are older. Many have no clue if they are making the right decision, but some are so determined that nothing could get into their way. Some people just have dreams of doing something they enjoy but never really imagine it going that far. All major companies started off as ideas that someone had and decided to make it into a reality.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – A Tradition of Giving Both the Gates and French families instilled the values of volunteerism and civic engagement. Our families believed that if life happens to bless you, you should use those gifts as well and as wisely as you can. ¬– Bill and Melinda Gates In 2000, the founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda French Gates, founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also known as the Gates Foundation. The Gates Foundation has a diverse global presence with its headquarters in Seattle, Washington and other offices in India, China, Europe, Middle East, and several regions in Africa (Foundation fact sheet, 2015, para.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Bill Gates People, nowadays, spend many of their time with technology, working or having fun. One of those people who has contributed to technology is Steve Jobs, who created Apple Inc. which revolutionized the computer and mainly tablet industry with its amazing features. As equal as important as Steve Jobs, Marc Andreessen lead the creation of NCSA Mosaic, the web browser that transformed how we think about the World Wide Web. Additional to that, Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web, which changed the way people communicate, work, study, and play.... [tags: microsoft, bill gates, ibm]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Table of Contents Page Introduction 2 My Inspiring Global Leader 3-5 Conclusion 5 References 6 Appendixes A Microsoft 8 B Philanthropic Work10 Introduction A leader is someone that you can look up to, someone who has a conglomerate of attributes that motivate people to follow them. There are many reasons why you can find someone amusing, intriguing or interesting but the conglomerate of actions performed by them is what makes them stand over others. A global leader is someone who has transcends the geographical limits with their contributions not only to their field but to humanity as well.... [tags: Leadership, My Inspiring Global Leader]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Management and Change, Bill Gates William (Bill) H. Gates is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business computing. Microsoft had revenues of US$32.19 billion for the fiscal year ending June 2002, and employs more than 50,000 people in 72 countries and regions. Born on Oct. 28, 1955, Gates grew up in Seattle with his two sisters. Their father, William H. Gates II, is a Seattle attorney.... [tags: Bill Gates Microsoft]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- Bill Gates's Leaderhsip A Visionary Leader: Traits If we are talking creativity and ideas, Bill Gates is an American unoriginal. He is Microsoft's chief and co-founder, he is the world's richest man, and his career delivers this message: It can be wiser to follow than to lead. Let the innovators hit the beaches and take the losses; if you hold back and follow, you can clean up in peace and quiet. Gates is the Bing Crosby of American technology, granted he is an unusually hard-driving and successful businessman.... [tags: Management Leadership Bill Gates]
902 words (2.6 pages)