Through his intelligence and excellent business skills, Bill Gates was able to change the world. As a technological genius he founded the worlds largest software company. He has also been extremely generous, donating more than thirty billion dollars as a philanthropist. He is, without a doubt a catalyst for change, tirelessly working to make the world a better place.
Gates was born to the full name of William Henry Gates III on October 28th 1955 (Bellis). Gates was born to two sisters, Libby who is younger and Kristianne who is older. William Henry Gates III got his name from his father William Henry Gates Sr., Gates Sr. fell in love with Mary Maxwell at the University of Washington. Gates grew up in a very loving family; him as well as his sisters were pushed to do well in school. The most important person he had growing up, was his Mom. She had a love for charity work, and would take Gates with her to help out. He would later credit his love for philanthropism to his mother (Bill… Biography). Although Gates had a loving and somewhat ordinary family, what he would do was far from ordinary.
Gates did not have the average intelligence level of a ten year old, he was a genius. In his free time he played board games that challenged the mind. He also became an excellent reader and was soon reading long reference books and encyclopedias. Eventually, he became uninterested in his life because school was too easy for him. At the age of thirteen his parents enrolled him in Lakeside school in Seattle (Bill … Biography). Bio.com calls Lakeside school “An exclusive preparatory school (Bill … Biography)”. He did better in nearly all of his classes (Bill … Biography). A group of mothers decided to put proceeds from an even...
... middle of paper ...
...ion for a long time and The Gates foundation is trying to change that. Melinda calls it “My life’s work” (5 Bill and Melinda Gates). Bill stated that the reason he is so generous is “Money has no utility to me … its utility is entirely is getting the resources out to the poorest in the world”(Tweedie).
Throughout his life he has proven time and time again he is a catalyst for change. Most people are only considered catalyst for changes if they excel in working for change in one aspect of the world. Bill Gates has successfully changed two huge aspects of the world. His passions have affected billions of people and he keeps going. Bill himself said this “If I had set some sort of finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it by now?”(Bill … Quotes). Bill Gates has been, is, and will continue to be someone who works tirelessly to make the world a better place.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction to Bill Gates Bill Gates was born on October 28th, 1995 in Seattle, Washington. He attended Harvard University in the years 1973-1975. Gates has a family of his own; he is married to Melinda French and they have three children together. William Henry Gates II who is an attorney and Mary Maxwell who is a teacher are the parents of Bill Gates. In 1975 he cofounded the Microsoft Corporation, built his software company into one of the most successful businesses in the world, and established himself in the process as one of the world’s wealthiest men.... [tags: multibillionaires that changed the world]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- The Legend of Entrepreneur----Bill Gates Entrepreneurs are one of the most important roles in social development. Successful Entrepreneurs usually concentrate their work. Many countries have a lot of brilliant Entrepreneurs such as Sony Corporation 's author Akio Morita, Oracle Corporation 's founder Larry Ellison, and General Electric Corporation 's CEO Jack Welch. However, in the 20th century a youngster successfully created a computer system that changed all over the world. His name is Bill Gates, a person who created a miracle.... [tags: Bill Gates, Microsoft, Computer, Operating system]
714 words (2 pages)
- Bill Gates People, nowadays, spend many of their time with technology, working or having fun. One of those people who has contributed to technology is Steve Jobs, who created Apple Inc. which revolutionized the computer and mainly tablet industry with its amazing features. As equal as important as Steve Jobs, Marc Andreessen lead the creation of NCSA Mosaic, the web browser that transformed how we think about the World Wide Web. Additional to that, Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web, which changed the way people communicate, work, study, and play.... [tags: microsoft, bill gates, ibm]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Time’s 100 +1 Most Influential People 2014 was a year of big events, from record breaking events in the Sochi Winter Olympics to the Ebola virus outbreak, 2014 had its ups and downs. Surrounded by these groundbreaking events, Time Magazine compiled the 100 most influential people of the year. Although Time did an impeccable job of composing this list, one man was left off. This man funded the prevention of around 13.6 million deaths, was owner of a foundation that funded over 3.6 billion in scholarships, and donated billions to over 25 charitable foundations.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- Becoming the richest man in the world, Bill Gates is one of the most influential men. Not only is Bill Gates one of the most influential figures in the world, but he is also one of the most influential figures in the business world. Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955, in Seattle, Washington. Gates was born into already well established family. “His father, William Henry Gates Jr., was a successful lawyer, and his mother, Mary Maxwell, was chairwoman of United Way International.”(Stevenson).... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Management and Change, Bill Gates William (Bill) H. Gates is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business computing. Microsoft had revenues of US$32.19 billion for the fiscal year ending June 2002, and employs more than 50,000 people in 72 countries and regions. Born on Oct. 28, 1955, Gates grew up in Seattle with his two sisters. Their father, William H. Gates II, is a Seattle attorney.... [tags: Bill Gates Microsoft]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- ... He and his friends would even miss class to hang out in the computer room, and by eighth grade, he was making money programing computers. Almost a dozen Lakeside students became programing pioneers. Gates was a self-teaching kind of kid and by age 13, he had taught himself computer programing. The Lakeside programmers or Students Club was formed for Gates and some other kids with the same passion of his. Gates was kicked out of the club because he was two years younger and was thought to be immature.... [tags: Microsoft creator and entrepeneur]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Bill Gates Introduction A man with a degree from Harvard University would not only impress potential employers but would also place him among the worlds most intelligent elite. But what about a man who decided to drop out of this renown university to devote his energies elsewhere. You may think this man has a few screws loose. Needless to say, Bill Gates has never been thought of as having a few screws loose. This multibillionaire, not only engineered Microsoft Software, his business strategy and philanthropic endeavors have placed Gates among the best in the world (According to Forbes Top 100).... [tags: Biography]
1881 words (5.4 pages)
- Bill Gates He is the richest man in the world. His former friends, who are now his enemies, hate to even hear his name. His company wants to be with you in your office, your car, and even your kitchen. His name is Bill Gates. There is a lot more to Bill Gates than being the richest man in the world.... [tags: Papers]
1048 words (3 pages)
- William H. Gates III Biographical Essay Uploaded by surfchick (2074) on Jan 5, 2005 William H. Gates III (Bill Gates) Biography On October 28, 1955 William H. Gates III (nicknamed "trey") was born in Seattle. His father was a lawyer (William H. Gates II) and his mother was a schoolteacher. He also had two older sisters who were in high school when Bill was born. Bill attended a public elementary school before he moved to a private school in North Seattle named Lakeside. Lakeside's strong academics enabled Bill to actively get involved with computers (which were the love of his life next to baseball) and use his superior intellect.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Protecting the Defendant with Miranda Rights
- High-Altitude Edema Illnesses Are Real
- The Roles of Respect in “Spanglish” and “The Stolen Party
- Description and Contraction of HIV
- How Does Alcohol Consumption Affect Social Attention
- Nike's Advertising Strategy for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa