Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are two very important men in the world of technology. Both men had the vision of what a computer and computer languages might be able to advance into. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both worked/work for exceptionally important companies. Bill Gates is still alive, but sadly Steve Jobs passed away on October 5, 2011.
Steve Jobs’ complete name was Steven Paul Jobs. He was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California. He was raised into an adoptive family. Jobs’ was raised in a humble and economically poor environment. His adoptive parents were Paul and Clara Jobs. Paul would show Steve how to take apart and reconstruct electronics. It was a hobby, which made Steve strive with confidence, tenacity and mechanical skill.
Bill Gates’ complete name is William Henry Gates III. Gates was born on October 28, 1995. Gates’ was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. Gates’ parents were William and Mary Gates. William was an accountant. Mary was a teacher not many years. Bill Gates has two sisters. An older sister named Kristi and a younger sister named Libby.
Steve attended Homestead High School, where he met Steve Wozniak. Wazniak was later to be co-owner of an industry company later called Apple. Steve graduated Homestead high school in 1972. Jobs attended Reed College in Oregon for two years. “He dropped out after one semester to visit India and study eastern religions in the summer of 1974.”
Bill Gates graduated Lakeside High in 1973. It was at Lakeside School where Bill met Paul Allen. The two became fast friends, bonding on their common interest over computers, even though they were very different. Allen was more reserved and timid. Bill was at times combative. They both...
... middle of paper ...
As the years went by he appeared more and thinner, and suspicion arise that Steve Jobs was once again sick. In order to calm down the fears and premonitions that were ripping through the people's mind he appears in an Invite-only event in which he claimed that his thinness was due to a hormonic unbalance. Then he died.
Brashares, Ann. Steve Jobs: Think Different. Brookfield, CT: Twenty-first Century Books, 2001. 07 May 2014.
Butcher, Lee. Accidental Millionaire: The Rise and Fall of Steven Jobs at Apple Computer. New York: Paragon House, 1987. 07 Mayb 2014.
Wilson, Suzan. Steve Jobs: Wizard of Apple Computer. Berkeley Heights, NJ: Enslow, 2001. May 07 2014.
Young, Jeffrey S. Steve Jobs: The Journey is the Reward. Glenview, IL: Scott, Foresman, 1988. May 07, 2014.
"Steven Paul Jobs." 2014. The Biography.com website. May 07 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Steve Jobs and Bill Gates Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are two very important men in the world of technology. Both men had the vision of what a computer and computer languages might be able to advance into. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both worked/work for exceptionally important companies. Bill Gates is still alive, but sadly Steve Jobs passed away on October 5, 2011. Steve Jobs’ complete name was Steven Paul Jobs. He was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California. He was raised into an adoptive family.... [tags: technology, apple, microsoft]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- Steve Jobs Steve Jobs born on February 24, 1995 in San Francisco, California. Both his parents Abdulfattah “John” Jandali & Joanne Simpson were two graduates from University of Wisconsin. His father Abdulfattah Jandali worked as a Syrian political science professor and his mother, Joanne Simpson, worked as a speech therapist. Although Jobs parents were both graduate students and highly agile people, there decision did not show any wisdom. Steve Jobs was the result from an unwanted pregnancy. When Joanne Simpson, became pregnant her father and mother oppose her to marry Jandali since he was Syrian.... [tags: Writing Programs, Innovative Thinkers]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Have you ever looked at a business like Apple or Microsoft and wondered what it would be like to be the next Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. If you are inspired to be the next big entrepreneur, this is the book for you. Sam Calagione, owner of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, gives an unparalleled guide in Brewing up a Business: Adventures in Beer from the Founder of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery of how to successfully build your own dream business. A high school dropout, Calagione successfully turns a home brewing kit into a business with annual revenue of fifty million dollars.... [tags: Beer, Brewing, Beer style, Business]
1642 words (4.7 pages)
- ... Later, Jobs married Laurene Powell on March 18, 1991, in a ceremony at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park. They later had a son, Reed, who was born September 1991, followed by daughters Erin in August 1995, and Eve in 1998. The similarities that both of these men have are that they both have two daughters and one son. They also have both purchased multi-million dollar estates. Their houses are both located on a hill overlooking the city in which they live. Education Gates entered Harvard University in 1973 and pursued his studies for the next year and a half.... [tags: personal, echnology, entrepreneurs]
1599 words (4.6 pages)
- ... In 1989, Microsoft released Office adding on Word and Excel. The new version of Microsoft sold quickly and OS/2 failed. In the 1990’s, Microsoft got in trouble with the Federal Trade Commissions for unfair marketing practice. Thankfully, Microsoft settle it without having to breakup. In 2000, handed over the position of being Microsoft CEO to his friend, Steve Ballmer, but still remained being the chairman. In 2006, Gates went to full time at Microsoft in order to devote more time to what was now called the “Gates and Melinda Foundation”.... [tags: corporations, successful, software]
1585 words (4.5 pages)
- Bill Gates and Steve Jobs - The History Behind Their Lives Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are two famous men who have to do with computer engineering, but do they actually have different attributes in common. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are both wealthy businessman, who made a fortune out of products they have invented, created, or improved. Although, Bill Gates is the creator/ founder of Microsoft he had competition. Steve Jobs, who was the creator/founder of Apple was competing against him to become the number 1 leading electronic industry.... [tags: Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Apple Inc.]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- Steve Jobs Steve Jobs born on February 24, 1995 in San Francisco, California. Both his parents Abdulfattah “John” Jandali & Joanne Simpson were two graduates from University of Wisconsin. His father Abdulfattah Jandali worked as a Syrian political science professor and his mother, Joanne Simpson, worked as a speech therapist. Although Jobs parents were both graduate students and highly agile people, there decision did not show any wisdom. Steve Jobs was the result from an unwanted pregnancy. When Joanne Simpson, became pregnant her father and mother oppose her to marry Jandali since he was Syrian.... [tags: brief biographies, computer technology wizards]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Larry Ellison. These are the names of individuals who hold unfathomable amounts of power and success, yet no college degree. Our education system implements a curriculum that advocates the importance of “succeeding” in high school and then moving onto college, where we obtain a degree that charters the rest of our lives. This is what we view as an ideal life. Jobs, Gates, and Ellison are a very small minority to break away from this system and still have the capabilities to succeed.... [tags: Education, College, High school, University]
709 words (2 pages)
- Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates all have two well-known characteristics in common; they are billionaires and they have made their fortune without a degree. Success stories like theirs leave most people, especially graduating high school students, wondering if furthering their education is worth the time, money, and effort. Student loans and tuitions seem to be the most speculated worries of college. However, they are only small matters compared to the eternal possibilities of its benefits.... [tags: billionaires, success stories]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Steve Jobs (born in Green Bay, Wisconsin on the 24th of February 1955) is best know as the co-founder & CEO of Apple Computer and somewhat less so for his leadership of Pixar which is a computer animation studio. On the other hand, Bill Gates (born in Seattle, Washington on the 28th of October 1955) is married to Melinda French Gates and has three children. Bill Gates is the co-founder and current Chairman and Chief Software Architect of Microsoft. Both started their careers almost at the same time and within the same industry.... [tags: Computers]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Revenge in Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- English Education in Korea: Is it Worth It?
- The American Dream in The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Three Primary Types of Dementia: Alzheimer’s Disease, Vascular Dementia and Lewy Body Dementia
- The Power of Social Media
- O’Neill’s The Hairy Ape: Most Representative Play of Early 1900s