Bill Gates was a very intelligent man since he was young; one of his teacher said, “Gates was always a math whiz” ("Bill Gates “1955 - )"). Gates is very important in the computer world. He is the inventor of the entire Microsoft systems. Gates is also the creator of all of the Windows programs that are on computers. Bill Gates was born into a wealthy family and became one of the most successful entrepreneurs of all time as he created Microsoft.
Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955. He was born into a very wealthy family and from the beginning; Gates’s family was always interested in business and politics. Gates’s great grandfather was even the mayor at one time. His grandfather, William Gates II, was the vice president of the National Bank. His father was a defensive lawyer and his mother was a school teacher. When Gates was a younger kid, he always enjoyed riding bike and hanging out with friends. Gates even had a paper route so he was able to make money while he was young (Gates). Gates was always a very smart kid but he was also a big trouble maker, which made his parents worried about his schooling. So, his father wanted him to go to the Lakeside private school and to this, Gates said, "I seriously considered flunking the entrance exam," (Gates Biography). The exam was required in order to get into the Lakeside Private school. After Gates had passed the exam everything in his life started to turn around; he was able to keep good grades and started being a very good student in school. Gates’s Father said, "It wasn't as if he was some kind of obvious super-bright kid. I think we recognize it better looking back than we did at the time. At
the time we just thought he was trouble" (Gates Biography ...
... middle of paper ...
2014 Gates stepped down as the CEO of Microsoft. Gates is still the Richest Person in the world with a Net worth of 67 Billion Dollars. Carlos Slim of Mexico was the leading richest person in the world for many years.
“A History of Windows. Microsoft. Microsoft. Nov 13. Web. 18 Mar. 2014.
Bellis, Mary. Inventor. About. About inventors 25 Jan. Web. 10 Feb. 2014.
"Bill Gates." Biography for Beginners--Inventors. 2006: 243-252. SIRS Discoverer. Web. 12
"Bill Gates (1955 - )." Biography Today. 1994: 139-145. SIRS Discoverer. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
“Bill Gates.” Encyclopedia Britannica. 2014. Ed.
Condon, Judith. The Nineties. New York: Staff – Vaycnn, 2000. Print.
Gates, Bill. “Bill Gates.” Microsoft. 1 June 2006. 29 Jan 2007.
"Gates, Bill." Compton's by Britannica. 01 Aug. 2011: .SIRS Discoverer. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- William Henry Gates III, or more commonly known as Bill Gates, was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. He began to show an interest in technology at the age of 13, creating a software program to play tic-tac-toe. Over time, he and his partner Paul Allen built the world’s largest software business, Microsoft. With Microsoft’s great success, Bill Gates turned out to be one of the richest men in the world. In February 2014, Bill Gates decided to step down as the chairman of Microsoft. Microsoft started off as a small computer company with only 25 workers and a small office.... [tags: technology, software, IBM]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Table of Contents History of Microsoft…………………………………………………………………..3&4 U.S vs Microsoft………………………………………………………………………5&6 Verdict……………………………………………………………………………...6,7,&8 What was Learned………………………………………………………………………10 History of Microsoft During the early seventies, type writers were the means of copying documents. Very few people knew anything about or heard of microcomputers. This all changed when two young computer enthusiasts, Paul Allen and Bill Gates, discovered a way to make computers more personal.... [tags: small business, IBM, internet]
2009 words (5.7 pages)
- Bill Gates Bill Gates was a very intelligent man since he was young; one of his teacher said, “Gates was always a math whiz” ("Bill Gates “1955 - )"). Gates is very important in the computer world. He is the inventor of the entire Microsoft systems. Gates is also the creator of all of the Windows programs that are on computers. Bill Gates was born into a wealthy family and became one of the most successful entrepreneurs of all time as he created Microsoft. Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955.... [tags: Biography, Computer Technology, Windows]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
- Bill Gates People, nowadays, spend many of their time with technology, working or having fun. One of those people who has contributed to technology is Steve Jobs, who created Apple Inc. which revolutionized the computer and mainly tablet industry with its amazing features. As equal as important as Steve Jobs, Marc Andreessen lead the creation of NCSA Mosaic, the web browser that transformed how we think about the World Wide Web. Additional to that, Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web, which changed the way people communicate, work, study, and play.... [tags: microsoft, bill gates, ibm]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- ... Next you have Microsoft Windows 286, Microsoft Windows 3.0, Windows NT, Microsoft Windows 3.0a and etc. Places that manufactures of personal computers licensed MS-DOS as their own operating system. By the early 1990s, Microsoft had sold about more than 100 million copies. They also defeated their rival operating systems such as CP/M which displaced in the early 1980s. Microsoft's Windows 3.0 and its subsequent versions were sold at a rate of one million copies each month. Almost nearly 90 percent of the world's PCs ran on Microsoft.... [tags: operating systems, windows]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- In 2003, Bill Gates earned $23,148 a minute, $1.38 million an hour, leading to a total of $33.3 million a day (Roche). Growing up, he always had an interest in computer technology. While attending Lakeside School, he met Allen Paul who went on to be his co-worker. After high school, he briefly attended college, then dropped out shortly after receiving an excellent job offer. He formed Microsoft and its success exceeded his, and others, expectations. Microsoft windows evolved and its popularity continued to grow.... [tags: Bill Gates, Microsoft, Altair 8800]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- Management and Change, Bill Gates William (Bill) H. Gates is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business computing. Microsoft had revenues of US$32.19 billion for the fiscal year ending June 2002, and employs more than 50,000 people in 72 countries and regions. Born on Oct. 28, 1955, Gates grew up in Seattle with his two sisters. Their father, William H. Gates II, is a Seattle attorney.... [tags: Bill Gates Microsoft]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- Bill Gates and Microsoft "Microsoft was founded based on my vision of a personal computer on every desk and in every home, all running Microsoft software," Bill Gates once remarked (Stevenson). Everyone has their own dream but this was Bill Gates dream when he first co-founded Microsoft. This dream came to haunt him 12 years later when he was caught. Microsoft was charged with using its power to eliminate its competitor in the Web-browser market in the mid-90s (Stevenson). Bill Gates’ dreams and passions lead him to try to monopolize the computer industry using Microsoft and the antitrust lawsuit that followed.... [tags: Business]
1615 words (4.6 pages)
- Bill Gates and Microsoft Just past 9 PM on October 28, 1955, the man who would revolutionize the computer industry as we know it, was born. The son of Bill Jr. and Mary Gates was named William Henry Gates III. The computer super-genius was soon to take his place in history. Within the last fifteen years the company that he and Paul Allan started, Microsoft, has become the largest software corporation in the computer industry.... [tags: Papers]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Bill Gates - you love him, you hate him, maybe you should get to know him. The founder of the Microsoft has a lot of admirers and we can tell that for sure just by looking at his fortune. There are however people who not only despise him, but dedicate entire web-sites to criticizing him and his company; if you are one of those people you can check out www.onmacon.com (access will not be granted if you use Microsoft Internet Explorer). Some have even gone as far as throwing pies in his face... It’s an irony that one of the world’s smartest people didn’t even finish college.... [tags: essays research papers]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Teens and Young Adults
- Upsmoke Corporation: Global Supply Chain Management
- The Good Women of Setzuan by Bertolt Brecht
- Theory of Montage in Pudovkin’s, Eisenstein’s and Vertov’s movie.
- The Independent Games Movement
- Scotland's Future Finally in the Hands of the Scottish